Next Up For Sarah Palin ... Sean Hannity

By mainstream you must mean Kieth Olbermann , no wait can't be him he was demoted for being to biased, perhaps you mean Chris Matthews? no not him either he was demoted too. I'm sure you mean Rachael Maddow, no wait she's a commentator on Air America and admitted Obama donor. Let's see, who could this mainstream be? I'm trying to think. maybe it's Katie over at CBS, no i'm sure that's not it. She has already said she wants Obama to win too. I'm running out of mainstream here. the point is. there is no such thing as mainstream media, anymore or independant media, for one side or the other. I just know your not talking about the New York Times? That's the little paper thats what, told John McCain to rewrite his op-ed so it was like Obama's and has fired several journelists for lying? You want independant your gonna have to dig up Edward R. Morrow , oh wait. doesn't Kieth Olbmermann think he's him?

If Palin goes on Hannity's show then, she's going to do nothing but charge up the base of the GOP even more. Smart move on the McCain camps part I think.

That's the ticket! Great point!

Sarah Palin simply has to stick to interviews on Sean Hannity and NewsMax, because there is no mainstream media! They're all just a bunch of liberals out to be mean to poor old Sarah!

EVERY national politician worth their salt, goes on Face the Nation, Meet the Press, This Week, and all the other high profile network interview shows.

this thread is very telling. Cons are afraid for Palin to go on those shows. Even though McCain, Fred Thompson, Obama, Biden, Joe Lieberman, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, almost every top GOP senator, and anyone who thinks they're worthy of national office goes on those shows. They're considered the most mainstream and middle of the road platforms for a politician of national stature to go on.

Obviously, the fact that Cons - in the last 48 hours - have concluded that Palin shouldn't go on these shows, speaks volumes.

She can't handle it.

That's the ticket! Great point!

Sarah Palin simply has to stick to interviews on Sean Hannity and NewsMax, because there is no mainstream media! They're all just a bunch of liberals out to be mean to poor old Sarah!

Thanks am glad you agree with me, but thats not the point, the point is. media in general has an agenda be it Democrat or Republican, and have clearly chosen sides. So in that kind of environment, if her choice for an interview is someone like Sean Hannity and it gets her base out then it's a smart and well played move. It's sort of like Obama appearing on MSNBC every other night. Same thing different network. So now the Obama people are saying he's brave because he was interviewed by the mean nasty Bill O whos been chasing him for a year. Well I wonder how may republicans that interview swayed to the Obama side as opposed to the Gibson interview of Palin? I do think something is funny here though, as long as the democrats keep their focus on Palin and not on McCain, Obama will be off message and continue to lose traction.

EVERY national politician worth their salt, goes on Face the Nation, Meet the Press, This Week, and all the other high profile network interview shows.

this thread is very telling. Cons are afraid for Palin to go on those shows. Even though McCain, Fred Thompson, Obama, Biden, Joe Lieberman, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, almost every top GOP senator, and anyone who thinks they're worthy of national office goes on those shows. They're considered the most mainstream and middle of the road platforms for a politician of national stature to go on.

Obviously, the fact that Cons - in the last 48 hours - have concluded that Palin shouldn't go on these shows, speaks volumes.

She can't handle it.

This is typical of modern day conservatives.

They tend to not take personal responsibility for their own failings and instead project them on to the libruls.

Thanks am glad you agree with me, but thats not the point, the point is. media in general has an agenda be it Democrat or Republican, and have clearly chosen sides. So in that kind of environment, if her choice for an interview is someone like Sean Hannity and it gets her base out then it's a smart and well played move. It's sort of like Obama appearing on MSNBC every other night. Same thing different network. So now the Obama people are saying he's brave because he was interviewed by the mean nasty Bill O whos been chasing him for a year. Well I wonder how may republicans that interview swayed to the Obama side as opposed to the Gibson interview of Palin? I do think something is funny here though, as long as the democrats keep their focus on Palin and not on McCain, Obama will be off message and continue to lose traction.

By saying its smart are you also saying she isnt ready for the Real Shows that ask tough questions. It seems that you are right, it is smart but if thats the case you are also saying its smart because she cant handle a real showdown. I dont buy into that she is building the republican base as its as solid as it ever has been since she came on the scene.

It's a transcript of Gibson and B. Hussein performing analingus on one another, dude.

Show me one error in their transcript of the "interview" and you'll have a point.

gosh.. maybe if newsbusters had a sharper knife to butcher that interview into what they want to convey, eh? This was an interview during the primaries anyway. What.. did you want to IGNORE the fact that Obama was a new name in relation to CLINTON? DID that interview STATE THAT IT WAS ABOUT GETTING TO KNOW Obama?

damn dude.. the desperation you are showing is rather telling

I don't think I ever suggested that Palin needs to feel obligated to go on Keith Olbermans show, or that Obama needs to go on Sean Hannity's show. That's not what we're talking about.

The reality is - and you can deny this all you want, but its true - the network interview shows, particularly the high profile Sunday morning shows - have been considered for the last half century to be the most middle of the road journalistic platforms for a politician of national stature to go on. To present themselves to the american people and to our fourth estate for vetting and questioning. You can deny it all you want, but that doesn't change the truth.

Until 48 hours ago, we were assured by conservatives that Palin could hold her own against Biden, Obama, McCain, or any other national politician who routinely goes on those shows.

If the GOP has to hide her from that level of scrutiny, then history is probably going to judge this VP pick on a par with Dan Quayle. Maybe worse, I think Quayle would at least make himself available to mainstream interviews.

Forum List

Back