next target of the left will be talk radio

Undoubtably the Fairness Doctrine will come back with mandated programming and quotas. So, you will see a move toward subscription programming where the fairness doctrine is not applicable. Or, a rise in pirate radio that the government can't control.

There has never been and never will be "mandated programming" or "quotas" in this country, from the Fairness Doctrine or anything else. Just the fact that some monologue mouth sold you that story demonstrates the informational destruction a monologue free of a counterpoint foil can do. A few years back I had a story about Sylvester (Sean Hannity) whining "take my mic away Senator!" that would have served as an example. Can't find it now; it might have been scrubbed.

Obviously government doesn't "control" programming. It controls technical access to a limited air space, and it does that so we don't have what we had in the 1920s when all you needed was a transmitter and as the medium gained popularity the result was cacophony on the dial. Unfortunately in exercising that access control it has from the beginning favoured the commercial interests over the public ones, in contrast to most of the world. Which is why the quality of what's on our airwaves is the LCD swill that it is.

Of course there is government control of programming. That's why the networks and the FCC are all about! You have heard of the FCC right?

The technology that permitted nothing more than a transmitter to transmit is still there. It hasn't gone anywhere and there is still pirate radio. Which will happen the heavier the hand of government gets.

Liberals have the same access to programming as everyone else. The government supports liberal stations like NPR. Air America had their chance and failed. Not because commercial interests didn't support it, but because the public rejected the liberal bent.

Here is the difficulty that liberals face. They cannot control people to the extent they would like to. Liberalism at its core is oppression. It has always been oppression. They don't want radio shows like Rush Limbaugh on the air because once he's on the air, they can't stop people from listening to him and that's what they want to stop.

no it is not, asshole.

I don't recall seeing a conservative commentary on the nightly news for CBS, ABC, or NBC. It is non-stop liberal bullshit from start to finish.

So who is the conservative Bill Moyer on PBS? Of course, it is hard to find a gay right-wing political commentary person like Bill Moyer, but maybe Rush can go on PBS to talk to the little kiddies about the debt you are giving them.

Asshole...I don't recall seeing

liberals push for the Fairness Doctrine on PBS, NBC, CBS and ABC....very strange.

I don't recall seeing the conservative viewpoint on the nightly news or a conservative Bill Moyer on PBS.

Oh, you only want to use it on AM radio because conservatives dominate that medium.....typcial hypocrite shitbag liberals.

There is nothing stopping you scum from buying your own AM radio airtime. Find some classical radio station and buy up 2-6 hours per day for you psychos to babble your bullshit.

Ignorance is bliss. The Fairness Doctrine was (note past tense) a policy of the FCC requiring that when a station aired a controversial opinion, it had to also provide time to a party that wished to offer a counterpoint. In other words it required "fair and balanced". Senator Joe McCarthy (R-Wisc) not only used the FD to respond to Edward R. Murrow's report on him in 1954, but played a major role in instituting the Fairness Doctrine a few years before.

Though upheld by SCOTUS in 1969 on a case of ad hominem, the Fairness Doctrine was abolished by FCC Chair and Reagan appointee Dennis Patrick in 1987. Which you'll note is just about the time Lush Rimjob began his radio attack on civil discourse. But until that time, what the Fairness Doctrine did was ensure that if one opinion came in from this side, another one had to be welcomed from that side. Ergo it would be impossible to "aim" at any side whatsoever.

In other words exactly what we have the capacity to do here on this message board. Now what's your prob with that?

Note on the OP- the link contains nothing but a one-paragraph opinion warning "the leftists are coming" offering no evidence whatsoever. That and $4.52 will buy you latte.
:coffee:

The Fairness Doctrine applied to all broadcasting, public and commercial. Whether you actually recall it (or choose to) is profoundly irrelevant.

who the fuck cares about rush limbaugh, or michael savage? this last election opened up everyone's eyes as to exactly what we're dealing with. sure, conservative talk radio is like the machine that makes the retard soup, but there's plenty of retard soup to go around, and about 30 percent of the country just laps it up no matter what. it's fine; we'll just drag you fucknuts along kicking and screaming...like we always do.

but seriously, no one cares about limbaugh et. all. it is really fun to nitpick every dumb fucking thing he says because nothing he says actually stands up to any scrutiny whatsoever. but ya'all keep buying his coffee mugs anyway. kudos, fucktards. kudos.

its a lot higher than 30%.....

Who said his ratings are down? The voices in your fucked up head don't count.

Go drink some poison to do the world a favor.

Yeah....he only has a $100M radio contract and is constantly talked about by you scum in politics and on talk TV shows.....but you think he is irrelevant, because you are irrelvant.

who the fuck cares about rush limbaugh, or michael savage? this last election opened up everyone's eyes as to exactly what we're dealing with. sure, conservative talk radio is like the machine that makes the retard soup, but there's plenty of retard soup to go around, and about 30 percent of the country just laps it up no matter what. it's fine; we'll just drag you fucknuts along kicking and screaming...like we always do.

but seriously, no one cares about limbaugh et. all. it is really fun to nitpick every dumb fucking thing he says because nothing he says actually stands up to any scrutiny whatsoever. but ya'all keep buying his coffee mugs anyway. kudos, fucktards. kudos.

limbaugh's ratings are below shitty. he got a big contract because he's been around forever and mouth-breathers like you keep him on the air. but if you look at the actual demographics and his ratings, no one gives a fuck about him. he gins-up the same small percentage of the country who actually thought the polls were skewed and romney was going to run away with it. i just hope when that bloviating piece of dog shit dies his sycophants either go into a cave somewhere or commit some kind of mass tribute suicide.

what? you think i can't be a liberal and wish for a whole bunch of stupid cockfaced morons to die so that our country will be free of the slack-jawed born again parasite that's leaching our country dry? too.fucking.bad.

everything right or republican or right or republican related the left is determined to divide and conquer.
Its only natural the next target will be talk radio. Give it time

Roger?s Rules » The Next Target of Leftists: Talk Radio

Talk radio will be the very last thing to go if this communist takeover is to be like every other communist takeover in history. The very last thing to go. Why? Because otherwise it would tip the people off and they don't want that. When the Soviet tanks are rolling down the streets talk radio will be pulled. Not until then.

For a good line up of how communists take over a nation you should google Yuri Benzanov youtube videos. He was a defector from Russian KGB and taught the methods used by communists. So far it has been textbook here in America. Including using the Hollywood movies stars, etc.

its a lot higher than 30%.....

no, it's not. the latest polls show tea party support at just about 30%. if you think limbaugh speaks to non-tea party republicans, you are indeed mistaken. and nowhere near 30% of the country listens to his show anyway. his audience size would never come to close to that. 90 million people? pffffffffffffftttttttttttttt.

In fact... why do "liberals" SHUN the label "Liberals"???
Ever hear Obama say "I'm a Liberal"????
Why are they so afraid?

Maybe it is because of this study...
"Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative.
This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal."
In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

So someone is LYING... because Conservatives OUTNUMBER Liberals over 2 to 1... 50% more Conservatives then Liberals!!!!
its because they are not liberal.....There is nothing liberal about them....they are fascists that is the polar opposite of a liberal.

This limp dick liberal is just repeating what it read on kook websites about Rush.

Rush eats black babies on the air.....it was the DailyKook.com.

Undoubtably the Fairness Doctrine will come back with mandated programming and quotas. So, you will see a move toward subscription programming where the fairness doctrine is not applicable. Or, a rise in pirate radio that the government can't control.

There has never been and never will be "mandated programming" or "quotas" in this country, from the Fairness Doctrine or anything else. Just the fact that some monologue mouth sold you that story demonstrates the informational destruction a monologue free of a counterpoint foil can do. A few years back I had a story about Sylvester (Sean Hannity) whining "take my mic away Senator!" that would have served as an example. Can't find it now; it might have been scrubbed.

Obviously government doesn't "control" programming. It controls technical access to a limited air space, and it does that so we don't have what we had in the 1920s when all you needed was a transmitter and as the medium gained popularity the result was cacophony on the dial. Unfortunately in exercising that access control it has from the beginning favoured the commercial interests over the public ones, in contrast to most of the world. Which is why the quality of what's on our airwaves is the LCD swill that it is.

Of course there is government control of programming. That's why the networks and the FCC are all about! You have heard of the FCC right?

The technology that permitted nothing more than a transmitter to transmit is still there. It hasn't gone anywhere and there is still pirate radio. Which will happen the heavier the hand of government gets.

Liberals have the same access to programming as everyone else. The government supports liberal stations like NPR. Air America had their chance and failed. Not because commercial interests didn't support it, but because the public rejected the liberal bent.

Here is the difficulty that liberals face. They cannot control people to the extent they would like to. Liberalism at its core is oppression. It has always been oppression. They don't want radio shows like Rush Limbaugh on the air because once he's on the air, they can't stop people from listening to him and that's what they want to stop.

Nope. The FCC has nothing to say about programming. As always, all you have to do is back it up and it becomes reality. Happy hunting for that. By the way networks and the FCC have nothing to do with each other.

Pirate radio has always existed and always will -- although if anything it will continue to decline due to ready availability of other media such as internet broadcasting. For some it will always be a lark. And a certain amount of that is healthy.

Liberals have the same access to programming as everyone else.

Right, which means "those who can afford it". See also next point.

The government supports liberal stations like NPR. Air America had their chance and failed. Not because commercial interests didn't support it, but because the public rejected the liberal bent.

NPR is, first, a network program service, not a station, and it's supported mainly by its listeners. Whether it can be called "liberal" is highly debatable, but I would concede that if you're looking around for yet more echoes of the CEC Bubble that dominates commercial radio, you're not likely to find it on NPR content. Absence of yet more right-wing echo does not make "left". If you want to see what actual left looks like on the air, try KPFK.

AirAmerica and the whole red herring of reducing political discourse to nothing more than a commodity for sale like donuts has been covered way back in Post 36. Broadcast ratings don't measure assent; they measure attention. And political discourse is not a commodity to be bought and sold by the highest bidders. That would be fascism.

Last edited:

The latest ratings show his audience down from the 50 million he claims to under 15 million.

November 07, 2012
RUSH:* Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today?* Anybody?* Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here?* None of you?* I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.*
audiencechart_8122.jpg

no it is not, asshole.

I don't recall seeing a conservative commentary on the nightly news for CBS, ABC, or NBC. It is non-stop liberal bullshit from start to finish.

So who is the conservative Bill Moyer on PBS? Of course, it is hard to find a gay right-wing political commentary person like Bill Moyer, but maybe Rush can go on PBS to talk to the little kiddies about the debt you are giving them.

Asshole...I don't recall seeing

liberals push for the Fairness Doctrine on PBS, NBC, CBS and ABC....very strange.

I don't recall seeing the conservative viewpoint on the nightly news or a conservative Bill Moyer on PBS.

Oh, you only want to use it on AM radio because conservatives dominate that medium.....typcial hypocrite shitbag liberals.

There is nothing stopping you scum from buying your own AM radio airtime. Find some classical radio station and buy up 2-6 hours per day for you psychos to babble your bullshit.

The Fairness Doctrine applied to all broadcasting, public and commercial. Whether you actually recall it (or choose to) is profoundly irrelevant.

I don't have television so I don't know what PBS is doing now (this thread is on talk radio). William F. Buckley had a program there for a long time; that's because what Buckley did was thoughtful. Thoughtful doesn't sell; hair-on-fire Glenn Beck barking like a dog is what sells. That's why public broadcasting exists; to allow an avenue for the Buckleys and Moyers that are not LCD enough to "sell". Ideas, again, are not fast food to be bought and sold.

Yeah....he only has a $100M radio contract and is constantly talked about by you scum in politics and on talk TV shows.....but you think he is irrelevant, because you are irrelvant.

limbaugh's ratings are below shitty. he got a big contract because he's been around forever and mouth-breathers like you keep him on the air. but if you look at the actual demographics and his ratings, no one gives a fuck about him. he gins-up the same small percentage of the country who actually thought the polls were skewed and romney was going to run away with it. i just hope when that bloviating piece of dog shit dies his sycophants either go into a cave somewhere or commit some kind of mass tribute suicide.

what? you think i can't be a liberal and wish for a whole bunch of stupid cockfaced morons to die so that our country will be free of the slack-jawed born again parasite that's leaching our country dry? too.fucking.bad.

Oh, that's true. Limblob's ratings have been tanking for a couple of years at least. That's why he launched the whole Sandra Fluke week-long attack-- to pad his ratings.

Again, ratings mean attention, not assent, which means the population is just getting less interested in what he does. Or perhaps more accurately, they're dying off. It's an audience of basically bitter old white men. Not much future in that.

I've got links when I get time to look 'em up.

Oh, that's true. Limblob's ratings have been tanking for a couple of years at least. That's why he launched the whole Sandra Fluke week-long attack-- to pad his ratings.

Again, ratings mean attention, not assent, which means the population is just getting less interested in what he does. Or perhaps more accurately, they're dying off. It's an audience of basically bitter old white men. Not much future in that.

I've got links when I get time to look 'em up.

The Top Talk Radio Audiences - TALKERS.COM

You sure about that?

The latest ratings show his audience down from the 50 million he claims to under 15 million.

November 07, 2012
RUSH:* Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today?* Anybody?* Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here?* None of you?* I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.*
audiencechart_8122.jpg

hahahahahahahahahaha! the truth shall set you free. i also find it hilarious he claims to have ever had an audience that big. no media outlet gets those kinds of numbers anymore unless it's a breaking news crisis or the super bowl and shit. seriously, conservatards, why the fuck can't you guys just inject a TINY bit of reality in your lives?

oh that's right, because then everything you believe will be exposed to truth.

I oppose the Fairness Doctrine, with the exception of it being mandated for all political advertising within three months of primary and general elections. That would cut down quite a bit of the negative ads.

The left is already prepared to revise the 1st Amendment with the ironically named "fairness doctrine" which is aimed at conservative talk radio. That's two down and eight to go.

Pseudo-conservative talk radio is completely frightend to air even the smallest amount of information that runs contrary to their daily talking points. Public airwaves should not be held hostage by a group of broadcasters who endlessly broadcast the same politcal perspective 24/7.

Oh the original 'Fairness Doctrine' was ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court.

The left is already prepared to revise the 1st Amendment with the ironically named "fairness doctrine" which is aimed at conservative talk radio. That's two down and eight to go.

Pseudo-conservative talk radio is completely frightend to air even the smallest amount of information that runs contrary to their daily talking points. Public airwaves should not be held hostage by a group of broadcasters who endlessly broadcast the same politcal perspective 24/7.

Oh the original 'Fairness Doctrine' was ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court.

You dont listen to talk radio.....How can I tell you ask? Cause your statement is complete bullshit.

A license permits broadcasting, but the licensee has no constitutional right to be the one who holds the license or to monopolize a...frequency to the exclusion of his fellow citizens. There is nothing in the First Amendment which prevents the Government from requiring a licensee to share his frequency with others.... It is the right of the viewers and listeners, not the right of the broadcasters, which is paramount.

— U.S. Supreme Court, upholding the constitutionality of the Fairness Doctrine in Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. FCC, 1969.

The Fairness Doctrine ? FAIR: Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting

Talk radio is fine. Hate radio is not fine.

What the Fairness Doctrine did from 1949 to 1987 was require that controversy on the radio be a dialogue (multiple voices). Once it was abolished by the Reaganites was exactly when we got the Lush Rimjob monologue style, where you could just blurt out anything and never have to put up with a challenge to it. The timing of that is significant; our discourse has been hyperpolarized ever since.

Nothing stops liberal turds from buying radio stations and putting their own views on the air - nothing, that is, except for the fact that every such attempt so far has been a colossal commercial failure. The public just doesn't have an appetite to be preached at by smug, whiny, left-wing humbugs. "Freedom of speech" means "free of government regulation."

It's interesting to see who's afraid of their views being unchallenged. It would be like one of us putting a controversial post up here, and then locking the thread so nobody could comment.

Turds like you are afraid of having their views questioned. That's what the whole push for the "fairness doctrine" is about. Commercial stations couldn't put a show like Rush's on the air if they constantly had to donate air time to whatever group objected to something he said. Liberals know that.

It's a dying breed though, literally. Said one Program Director during the Sandra Fluke/Lush Rimjob kerfuffle: "The age of the average Limbaugh listener? Deceased". Bitter old men, dying off. The demographics of the recent election just affirm it.

The thing about people is that they get smarter as they get older. That's why the young vote for hosebags like Obama.

this.

You dont listen to talk radio.....How can I tell you ask? Cause your statement is complete bullshit.

Why else are they so afraid of the old Fairness Doctrine rule that required some form(not equal time of course) of rebuttal on controversial issues?

Forum List

Back