Next step?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by ErikViking, Sep 20, 2006.

1. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Many posters here has a very specific oppinion on Islam and muslims. Namley that is the root of the problems evolving around terrorism today. In my eyes that isn't very productive by itself.

The riddance of terror isn't achieved with the mere oppinion that Islam is evil, so what is the next step in this war?

I am not going in to a religious debate around this, but I would like to know what you (who recognize yourself here) think would be the best thing that can be done or happen to benefit the war. Any practical ideas?

My own suggestion:
    Muslims around the world defines a central authoroty on Islam. Like the pope was for christianity a few hundered years ago.

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    My Op....
    Is that the moderate and all the people of those oppressed by the radicals who have overtaken their religion to suppress them....

NEED TO STAND UP, NOW......AND SAY NO MORE, YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME...

Will we see that happening.??
    I hope so....

I'm of the opinion, is that there are hopefully more peaceful people of the religion Islam, than the radicals...And they need to start stepping up to the plate.......

I can't imagine living in a place where you are as oppressed as some of the ME countries...But I would think I would fight for my freedom, even if it meant death......Because to me, living the way that a lot of these people are living, is just a living death.
    And I hate to see a person submit to that....
    Because there is No Reason why they should..
    All we can do here, is give them a hand up, but the rest is up to them.....

I hope and pray, they will someday take the initiative and beat down these oppressors of their live's....

Freedom doesn't come free....
    Most free countries found that out, and still do to this day.......

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    IMHO all branches of our government should call out "moderate Muslims" and allowed them air time to reject the ways of Jihadists. They could explain to us why we should not profile them and what thier religion of peace has in store for American infidels. If they can't produce, then it's pretty obvious who the enemy of America is and time actively confront Muslims everywhere.
    It's not a Christian crusade--it's a fight to maintain our freedoms.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I agree with you, dillo..
    They can't stand by in silence any longer...IMO..

That's why I said above, they need to step up now, or forever be lumped in with the radicals......
    It's their choice.....

It's not up to us to fight this battle for them...Even though now we have no choice, because the radical Islam brought it to us....
    But if the so called moderates don't want to speak out, then as far as I'm concerned, their standing with the radicals......

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Yuppers--the old "line in the sand". What kind of wussy is this pope who comes out and speaks the truth and then apologizes for it?

6. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I haven't made up my mind yet, rather the Pope apologized to the extent of backing down.???

But, to me the line in the sand, has been drawn.....

7. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    All institutions need structure, and a "chain of command". With religion, and the Catholics in particular, the Pope, is where the "buck stops", as President Truman was quoted as saying.

I'm surprised other religious leaders haven't stepped forward, and supported the Pope.

If we are going to have and kick some Muslim butt, we might as well get er done NOW. Putting it off is to THEIR advantage.

All this "in fighting" between the parties, and Western nations is seen as weakness by these radicals. Really, its NOT, but we embolden them when we show little to no solidarity.

Our NEXT step, close ranks, and finish what the Muslims started 500 plus years ago.:2guns:

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    The problem is that certain sects of Islam either dont recognize or refuse to recognize the problem. Take for example the population of Black Muslims in America. They refuse to acknowledge the REAL teachings of islam and continue parroting the "religion of peace" mantra to the end. The reason for converting to Islam for blacks was to oppose the white man's religion. Yet Arabs can't stand black muslims. Look at the African nations where black muslims as well as christians are systematically executed.

I dont think that the "moderate" muslims will ever recognize the evil nature of Islam. I dont blame them. The don't see the true nature of islam. They are following the islam that they have been taught.

9. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Dilloduck and Stephanie posted for Muslims given airtime and national uprising against opressing fundamentalists respectively. Maybe the first can lead to the second?

A global Islam authoroty might come after that?

Islam is a bit like christianity used to be, a method of subjegation. But Muslims doesn't have the 5-600 years it took for christians to wise up. Not in a time where a handful radicals can shake a superpower or a nuclear weapon can obliterate a nation.

Maybe this is weighed up by the much more fast media?

10. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Islam is a political party disguised as a religion...world domination is the goal...1400years of observation of this political party shows the goals and objectives...it should be 'outlawed': world wide...until and unless they drop all the negatives such as women being kept and freedom of expression et al fall into the worlds norms...end of story!