Next semester's schedule...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I registered for new classes earlier today, here's the classes I'm taking:

Spanish - My last three spanish classes (including high school) were boring, but I gotta take it, and I'm actually learning some stuff. It's getting to the point where it's probably gonna be useful in this country, anyway.

Fiction writing workshop - I'm really looking forward to this class. This was like the only writing class they offered this semester! :confused: They better offer more in the fall, I need like four more for my major.

Shakespeare - That's right, I'm taking an entire class of Shakespeare. Jealous? I thought so. Seriously, I actually like Shakespeare's stuff, though it's kinda irritating that you need to think about every single line.

Sociology - I'm not exactly sure the difference between Sociology or Anthropology. Or what you do in either one, for that matter.

Great Books of the Western World - This fits into my major and Collins is taking it too, so it works out for me.

That's it. I've got 2 friday classes next semester, which sucks:( , especially considering I turn 21 next semester. And I have a class at 10:50, which means I'm going to have to get up earlier than usual:( .

I would LOVE to sleep in that long.
It's 1:00 in the morning. I'm still working on my paper.
I have to be up at 7:15. *Wither*

Okay, okay. I'm not working very hard. I'm posting too :p

I was just goofing around, I know 10:50's not early, but I am kinda used to my schedule this semester (go to bed around 2 or 3, get up at 10, 10:30).

Liberal, I'm honestly not sure what kind of writing I want to do. I don't really want to get into journalism, unless it would be being a music journalist, which of course is what every writer wants to do, so I don't know. Some kinda fiction writing, preferrably.

Dan, now you all know we know you like to SLEEP in!!! kidding or no kidding, I have been there when trying to get you up and rolling! hahahaha! noon and Dan is still snoring!!! poor baby 10:30 - wait till you have kids, gets better, they get up at 6 or 7 a.m. - guess what? so do you!

Yeah, I do like to sleep, but I like to stay up late so it evens out. You guys go to bed around 11, get up around 7, that's 8 hours, I go to bed at 2, get up at 10, that's 8 hours. The weekend's a different story though. Last weekend, I went to bed at 4:30 and got up at 3!:D

Shakespeare?...Now that's cool!!!...I've never read any Shakespeare..but would like too!...

I've read alot of good books...and when a writer can get a tear out of the reader...that's magic!!....

Dan..I envy you budy...the classes you are taking..are gona make you stick out from the rest of the crowd...have fun,and I know if you enjoy the classes..you'll kick some arse!!...Way to go buddy!!

Hey, thanks a lot, man!

Shakespeare's really good, I think. If you wana get into it, I'd recommend these books Cliff's Notes put out, it's the entire play, then in the margin, they explain what each line means, what's going on, etc. I'd say start with Hamlet or MacBeth, those are my two personal favorites, I wish all my old books weren't in storage, I'd send you the Cliff's Notes versions myself. Romeo and Juliet's alright, too, but it's sorta the typical Shakespeare thing, y'know? Be different and read MacBeth, I say.

I was thinking maybe we should make a forum for Books on here? I generally read 4 or so books a month (including school stuff) so I'd have a lot to talk about in there, sounds like you would too. Just an idea.

And...
the classes you are taking..are gona make you stick out from the rest of the crowd

Yeah, I never really thought about it until I became an English major, but pretty much all my friends are Business majors and I just found out recently that they sort of envy me because I'm actually doing what I want to do, that I'm trying to carry out my dreams, which was nice to hear.

That's a good idea!!...Lets ask Jim,and also some webpages for your writtings....They'd get in the search engines too...!!

I feel formyself that when one has a gift inside to write,more doorways open up..It's a communication that alot of people overlook..and plain forget about.....It's communication skills,and a customer service from the heart..that NO business class could teach....

I'm actualy at a loss of words buddy....Life..is life..and I envy you too!!..I think it's great...not only are you happy,but could possibly spread alot of joy to others....You're in the business doing what you love...that's life...:)

Forum List

Back