Next Obama Czar Position: "Pond Scum Czar"

I had to hand raise a calf. I can attest to the primal factor that my husband smells worse than Scarlet's (thats what I named her)farts.

Whoa geeze. When your own dogs look at their own ass to try to figure out where the smell is coming from, you know your husband stinks.

ETA: still love him despite the jake in air freshner bills in winter.

Last edited:
I had to hand raise a calf. I can attest to the primal factor that my husband smells worse than Scarlet's (thats what I named her)farts.

Whoa geeze. When your own dogs look at their own ass to try to figure out where the smell is coming from, you know your husband stinks.

Life can be a real bi-itch, can't it?

But YOU and your hubby live in realville...with the rest of us. ;)

Life can be a real bi-itch, can't it?

But YOU and your hubby live in realville...with the rest of us. ;)
You live in DittoTardville with the mindless morons! Here's your retarded MessiahRushie contradicting himself in a matter of 4 sentences! :rofl::lmao:

February 24, 2012
RUSH: They listen to me, but they think I make things up.
They think I lie. And I'll tell you something, Snerdley, if Media Matters doesn't tell 'em what I say, they don't know what I say. I'm talking about anybody, MSNBC, ABC News, CBS News, NBC, they don't listen to me.

You are acting as if algae derived fuel is a dumb idea when in fact it is the most promising method we have for producing plant based motor fuel that does not cut into the food supply.

It's dumb idea if it costs too much, does not deliver the efficiency of gasoline or the engine performance of gasoline and is not as readily available as gasoline.
Here's the rub. Now read carefully and understand the words as they are written and not what you want them to state so you can deliver your typical pat response.
ANY fuel which can be used instead of or in concert with current fossil fuels that is readily available, costs no more or hopefully LESS than gasoline, delivers the same or better fuel efficiency and delivers the same or better engine performance is a GOOD idea.
To date and for the distant foreseeable future no such fuel exists or will exist.
The problem is there are people who want to ration our current energy sources by making them less available and increasing the cost so as to convince us there is no alternative but to conform and obey those on the enviro wacko front.
Of course when one peels back the layers of the onion, this all boils down to one thing. Money. People on the inside of the alternative or green fuel industries stand to become very wealthy and of course with any government regulations come new taxes.
Right now the EPA is being hauled into court because in the legal opinion of several prominent business people and many elected officials has overstepped it's authority onlevel that has reached absurdity.
Arguments begin on Tuesday 2/28 at the US Court of Appeals in Washington, DC.
My advice to all you lefties who think the EPA is helping anyone with these proposed new draconian regulations is, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

You are acting as if algae derived fuel is a dumb idea when in fact it is the most promising method we have for producing plant based motor fuel that does not cut into the food supply.

Hint: Live in the NOW...it is not proven tech...or economically viable...yet...his short answer to rising gas prices was as presented in Florida yestersday...

FOCUS

Just a quick google reveals it is already producing fuel at competitive prices and is being made by oil companies.

You did not bother to post the link where you found this...WHY?

President Obama doesn't have any czars. I'll say that again, he doesn't have any czars. There are people in Washington who are called czars, by people like the media and Glenn Beck and Fox News and others who want Obama to have as many "czars" as possible so they can say hey look how many czars Obama has. But the fact is these so called "czars" actually have for the most part very boring titles, they have nowhere near the power of Ivan the Terrible, and they don't live in the Winter Palace

Just a quick google reveals it is already producing fuel at competitive prices and is being made by oil companies.

So you make a claim...but yet don't post? What gives?

I just assumed you knew how to do your own research rather than having it spoonfed to you.
Once again.....When one makes a claim, it is up to THEM do the work and support their claim with facts.
You don't get to come on here post drive by nonsense and then demand someone else do the research. Get this straight. That is NOT how things are done here.
Now, get your ass to work, find the FACTUAL links and post them here.
Otherwise, your post is just more liberal enviro nazi bullshit.

The T & Zander contARD fossil fuel circle-jerk
emotjerkbag.gif

Your insignificant presence is acknowledged and now dismissed.

So you make a claim...but yet don't post? What gives?

I just assumed you knew how to do your own research rather than having it spoonfed to you.
Once again.....When one makes a claim, it is up to THEM do the work and support their claim with facts.
You don't get to come on here post drive by nonsense and then demand someone else do the research. Get this straight. That is NOT how things are done here.
Now, get your ass to work, find the FACTUAL links and post them here.
Otherwise, your post is just more liberal enviro nazi bullshit.

"Occupied is one of those that thinks USMB and it's members are his private Research arm...HE is sadly mistaken...

It's dumb idea if it costs too much, does not deliver the efficiency of gasoline or the engine performance of gasoline and is not as readily available as gasoline.
Here's the rub. Now read carefully and understand the words as they are written and not what you want them to state so you can deliver your typical pat response.
ANY fuel which can be used instead of or in concert with current fossil fuels that is readily available, costs no more or hopefully LESS than gasoline, delivers the same or better fuel efficiency and delivers the same or better engine performance is a GOOD idea.
To date and for the distant foreseeable future no such fuel exists or will exist.

The problem is there are people who want to ration our current energy sources by making them less available and increasing the cost so as to convince us there is no alternative but to conform and obey those on the enviro wacko front.
Of course when one peels back the layers of the onion, this all boils down to one thing. Money. People on the inside of the alternative or green fuel industries stand to become very wealthy and of course with any government regulations come new taxes.
Right now the EPA is being hauled into court because in the legal opinion of several prominent business people and many elected officials has overstepped it's authority onlevel that has reached absurdity.
My advice to all you lefties who think the EPA is helping anyone with these proposed new draconian regulations is, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
Cultivating Algae for Liquid Fuel Production

GreenFuel bioreactor in field test
GreenFuel Technologies in Cambridge, MA is field testing a closed system that uses the CO2 in power plant flue gases (13% of flue gases in the test) to feed algae. (3,4) In so doing, it significantly reduced the CO2 concentration in the exhaust by 82.3% (+/-12.5%) on sunny days and by 50.1% (+/- 6.5%) on cloudy days during the beta-test at the Cogeneration Plant at MIT. (5) The process also removed 85.9% (+/- 2.1%) of nitrogen oxides. And, not only will the GreenFuel Bioreactors reduce carbon and NOx emissions, but the company estimates the cost of a full-scale system installation to be 20% to 40% less than that of a comparable SCR system (pollutant scrubbers).
Using technology licensed from a NASA project, GreenFuel constructs triangular-shaped bioreactors from polycarbonate tubing two to three meters long and 10-20 cm in diameter. The hypotenuse of the triangles face the sun. Flue gases are introduced at the bottom of the hypotenuse and flow up while the media containing the algae flow in the opposite direction. From 15% to 30% of the algal media are harvested each day. The use of tubes in which to grow the algae overcomes the usual surface area limitation of ponds. In this case the turbulent mixing of the algal media with CO2 in the tubes and the speed at which the fluid moves determine how fast the algae grow.
"Until now, it was proving that the technology works. Now, basically, it's proving that the economics behind the technology work," said Isaac Berzin, chief technology officer. "The idea behind all this is that it's not a charity. If it makes sense econo*mically, it will happen." "I read descriptions of all this (previous) research, and it was clear to me that the limiting factor was the engineering side of the system," he said. "Algae can take (carbon dioxide), eat it, and produce algae, that's a known fact. But if your system fails, it's a problem with the system, not the algae."
MIT-CogenPlant.jpg
A GreenFuel Technologies bioreactor in operation. Photos courtesy GreenFuel Technologies.
GreenFuel estimates that 70% of the power plants in the United States have enough space and 'food' to install a full complement of Bioreactor arrays. In the United States about 60% of the oil we use is for ground transportation—cars, vans, and trucks—while only about 25% is used as electricity. Potentially this means that GreenFuel reactors might be able to provide 20*-25% of the fuel needed to meet our transportation needs.
The GreenFuel Bioreactors could be used to fuel the power plant from which the algae are being fed. So you could build a power plant—including the reactors—and only have to provide it with enough fuel to get the bioreactors going! These reactors could also be used in breweries, fed from the excess CO2 that most breweries just waste.

Hint: Live in the NOW...it is not proven tech...or economically viable...yet...his short answer to rising gas prices was as presented in Florida yestersday...

FOCUS

When they build facilities large enough to produce billions of barrels of oil from algae, you can be the Eco-fascists will be waging a campaign to have them outlawed because of their impact on the environment.

Do me a favor: calculate a "rough" estimate of how much space would be required to grow enough algae to fill up a 55 gallon barrel (say one acrefoot, a water covered measurement, per 100 barrels). Now, consider you will need tens of these barrels to convert enough to fill ONE barrel with actual fuel. What do you think the cost would be to keep "environmental conditions" favorable for massive algae growth (how much energy will it take?)? Will it contaminate our waterways and harm the "wildlife"? Will it "affect" our drinking water? Who will monitor it? How many agencies will have to be created (filled by friends of Obama) to "regulate" it?

This is another money laudering scheme (PONZI if you insist) that the O is planning on using in his next term. Billions will be invested in companies that will declare bankrupcy after WASTING valuable energy for a "show" for his green zombies. And your response at that time will be: if only we had "spent" more....

GreenFuel Technologies in Cambridge, MA is field testing a closed system that uses the CO2 in power plant flue gases (13% of flue gases in the test) to feed algae. (3,4) In so doing, it significantly reduced the CO2 concentration in the exhaust by 82.3% (+/-12.5%) on sunny days and by 50.1% (+/- 6.5%) on cloudy days during the beta-test at the Cogeneration Plant at MIT. (5) The process also removed 85.9% (+/- 2.1%) of nitrogen oxides. And, not only will the GreenFuel Bioreactors reduce carbon and NOx emissions, but the company estimates the cost of a full-scale system installation to be 20% to 40% less than that of a comparable SCR system (pollutant scrubbers).
Using technology licensed from a NASA project, GreenFuel constructs triangular-shaped bioreactors from polycarbonate tubing two to three meters long and 10-20 cm in diameter. The hypotenuse of the triangles face the sun. Flue gases are introduced at the bottom of the hypotenuse and flow up while the media containing the algae flow in the opposite direction. From 15% to 30% of the algal media are harvested each day. The use of tubes in which to grow the algae overcomes the usual surface area limitation of ponds. In this case the turbulent mixing of the algal media with CO2 in the tubes and the speed at which the fluid moves determine how fast the algae grow.
"Until now, it was proving that the technology works. Now, basically, it's proving that the economics behind the technology work," said Isaac Berzin, chief technology officer. "The idea behind all this is that it's not a charity. If it makes sense econo*mically, it will happen." "I read descriptions of all this (previous) research, and it was clear to me that the limiting factor was the engineering side of the system," he said. "Algae can take (carbon dioxide), eat it, and produce algae, that's a known fact. But if your system fails, it's a problem with the system, not the algae."
MIT-CogenPlant.jpg
A GreenFuel Technologies bioreactor in operation. Photos courtesy GreenFuel Technologies.
GreenFuel estimates that 70% of the power plants in the United States have enough space and 'food' to install a full complement of Bioreactor arrays. In the United States about 60% of the oil we use is for ground transportation—cars, vans, and trucks—while only about 25% is used as electricity. Potentially this means that GreenFuel reactors might be able to provide 20*-25% of the fuel needed to meet our transportation needs.
The GreenFuel Bioreactors could be used to fuel the power plant from which the algae are being fed. So you could build a power plant—including the reactors—and only have to provide it with enough fuel to get the bioreactors going! These reactors could also be used in breweries, fed from the excess CO2 that most breweries just waste.

By all means, experiment. Just do not committ resources to an experimental energy policy that has every potential to be another scam (invest billions, go bankrupt, Obama's friends profit) on the taxpayer.

Do me a favor: calculate a "rough" estimate of how much space would be required to grow enough algae to fill up a 55 gallon barrel (say one acrefoot, a water covered measurement, per 100 barrels). Now, consider you will need tens of these barrels to convert enough to fill ONE barrel with actual fuel. What do you think the cost would be to keep "environmental conditions" favorable for massive algae growth (how much energy will it take?)? Will it contaminate our waterways and harm the "wildlife"? Will it "affect" our drinking water? Who will monitor it? How many agencies will have to be created (filled by friends of Obama) to "regulate" it?

This is another money laudering scheme (PONZI if you insist) that the O is planning on using in his next term. Billions will be invested in companies that will declare bankrupcy after WASTING valuable energy for a "show" for his green zombies. And your response at that time will be: if only we had "spent" more....
From the link I already posted:

Briggs used the numbers from NREL's Aquatic Species Program—that one quad (7.5 billion gallons) of biodiesel could be produced on 200,000 ha (roughly 500,000 acres) or about 780 square miles—to compute that 140.8 billion gallons of biodiesel would requre 19 quads (140.8 ÷ 7.5).This would require about 15,000 square miles (19 x 780), or about 9.5 million acres—which he notes is only about 12.5% of the area of the Sonoran desert of the Southwest. So using algae as a source of oil for biodiesel with the NREL productivity assumption, the acreage required is less than 3% of the 450 million acres now used to grow crops.
Based on a UNH research project, (8) Briggs then estimates the total cost of producing 140.8 billion gallons of oil (unrefined) for biodiesel at $46.2 billion—substantially less than the $100-*150 billion that the US currently spends to purchase foreign crude oil.

MIT-CogenPlant.jpg

Wonderful.....Now we wait for marketing and distribution.....Oh wait. No one knows yet how this stuff will work in an automobile engine.
And with the billions in research and development, the cost of pond scum fuel will be unaffordable.

Forum List

Back