Next Big Crisis...

I got my ballot yesterday for two new tax measures. one would add a new tax bracket to incomes over 150,000, the other would reduce the taxes on unemployment.

Oregon income tax is already 9%. Oregon unemployment is already 12% The state budget is hurting. But this is not the way to go.

If all taxes went to the federal government then the game of shifting financial responsibilities to the states or from the states to the counties, or states to the fed, could not be played.

States can't afford Obama's increased Medicare costs. Plus our local hospital is going broke because Medicare patients are money losers, just ask the Mayo Clinics, they won't even take Medicare patients. maybe Obama has a new batch of immigrant witch-doctors he wants to bring in to handle Medicare patients??

Oregon income tax is already 9%.

Ahh, but you have NO sales tax whatsoever. Why not impose a little sales tax and maybe then OR could lower the state income tax?

Oregon unemployment is already 12%

Not quite.....The latest numbers for most (but not all) OR counties is 11.1%.

I find it to be a little off topic.

I don't blame Obama on the amazing rate medical technology and medical expenses are outpacing income growth.

The fear is capitalism is going to leave us all unable to afford the best coverage. Going to be weird when our kids have to watch us die because we can't afford XXX treatment for our illnesses at 97 while Magic Johnson can.

The trick is going to be spending money on research to make new treatments more affordable instead of finding new cures. An assembly line of medical treatment if you will.

Government has grown too big. Now it needs to shrink if we are to survive as a nation. If liberals have their way we will end up like Venezuela.....a failed state.

States can't afford Obama's increased Medicare costs. Plus our local hospital is going broke because Medicare patients are money losers, just ask the Mayo Clinics, they won't even take Medicare patients. maybe Obama has a new batch of immigrant witch-doctors he wants to bring in to handle Medicare patients??

You must be joking.

We pay TWICE as much per capita for healthcare as the rest of the industrialized world becasue we don't have the cost savings that accompany national health insurance.

Do a little reading, please.

Government has grown too big. Now it needs to shrink if we are to survive as a nation. If liberals have their way we will end up like Venezuela.....a failed state.

And I thought it was the drop in the price of oil that caused Venezuela's problems.

You must be joking.

We pay TWICE as much per capita for healthcare as the rest of the industrialized world becasue we don't have the cost savings that accompany national health insurance.

Do a little reading, please.

Do a little understanding of reality, please.

True. Tax increases to cover deficits invariably lead to higher spending. Just ask them in Michigan.
But some states have not fallen for this trap, like TX and SC.
I see defaults among the states as the next big crisis.

Last edited:

Yup.

While the FEDS are trying to restore liquidity to the economy, the STATES must balance their budgets and they're doing so by cutting back on employees and cutting back on help to the people.

Trickle down economic does NOT work.

More help must go to the PEOPLE.

The government must invest in businesses in AMERICA or force the banks (who we've been giving money to) to stop investing and gambling it in foreign investments and to LOAN it to American businesses...which they are NOT doing right now.

I don't blame Obama on the amazing rate medical technology and medical expenses are outpacing income growth.

The fear is capitalism is going to leave us all unable to afford the best coverage. Going to be weird when our kids have to watch us die because we can't afford XXX treatment for our illnesses at 97 while Magic Johnson can.

The trick is going to be spending money on research to make new treatments more affordable instead of finding new cures. An assembly line of medical treatment if you will.

Several things are driving up costs.

Medicare only pays part of the cost so the rest is passed on to the consumer or insurance companies or just eaten by the Doc.

Illegal Immigration is causing hospitals to be overtaxed in some states and the costs are added into the costs all of us pay.

Obama just squashed a amendment that would have allowed cross state pricing for pharmaceuticals which would have lowered the costs greatly. He talks about competition then he sides with Big Pharm against us by removing the competition.

Government regulations usually increase the expenses everyone have to pay including the Doctors, hospitals, patients, everyone.

guess

6a00d834519ed469e201156f93068f970c-400wi

Several things are driving up costs.

Medicare only pays part of the cost so the rest is passed on to the consumer or insurance companies or just eaten by the Doc.

Illegal Immigration is causing hospitals to be overtaxed in some states and the costs are added into the costs all of us pay.

Obama just squashed a amendment that would have allowed cross state pricing for pharmaceuticals which would have lowered the costs greatly. He talks about competition then he sides with Big Pharm against us by removing the competition.

Government regulations usually increase the expenses everyone have to pay including the Doctors, hospitals, patients, everyone.

Yup, and them things are a big logical circle.

Medicare is supposed to determine this or that best cost for an item based on real costs. Anthem/Blue Cross does it too. I have a stack of "Not a Bill"s here saying what the hospital wanted to charge them and what Anthem paid.

Illegal immigration....interesting. What do them folks cost every year in healthcare? (I really don't know) The balance would be what did Tyson Chicken save by not hiring legal residents. They need to be forced to become citizens and pay social security taxes.

Government regulations.....enough sneaks by even with 1010101 FDA tests on pills.

Personally I don't think states should have the right to set silly laws and only allow this or that insurance company to operate in them either. Then other folks yell at me about the Constitutionality of States rights. We agree on this I think!

New Topics

Forum List

Back