NewYorkers celebrating at Ground Zero

Me too.

I also like that our celebrations are pissing off Muslims around the world. :lol: Apparently, Americans are celebrating their own destruction. Oops. We bad.

I think perhaps Muslims do not realize that America is much like Al Queda. It is not just a country. It is an idea, a concept of how to live, and we believe in that idea with more passion and more commitment than any non American can even begin to understand.

just another blimp on the scene...another bump in the road....will this save the life of one american? we will never know....10 years in the making....and i still dont get it...why so long...why was he found right under out allies noses.....

something aint right about this clusterfuck....i am not distracting or disrespecting anyone involved with the military that accomplished this.....perhaps the military was right...that bush never wanted to catch bin laden.....now its serves the purpose of obama to do it.....

clinton, bush 2 were given chances to bring down bin laden and didnt do it....as in any situation...sometimes your competition makes one look good

just another blimp on the scene...another bump in the road....will this save the life of one american? we will never know....10 years in the making....and i still dont get it...why so long...why was he found right under out allies noses.....

something aint right about this clusterfuck....i am not distracting or disrespecting anyone involved with the military that accomplished this.....perhaps the military was right...that bush never wanted to catch bin laden.....now its serves the purpose of obama to do it.....

clinton, bush 2 were given chances to bring down bin laden and didnt do it....as in any situation...sometimes your competition makes one look good

Firstly, Clinton had no legitimate reason to go after Bin Laden.

Bush did. And he went after him. Sometimes I wonder if people have any concept of how difficult it is to track someone who has a solid network of support, massive resources, and the ability to travel quickly and without a paper trail. It's very easy to sit and judge from the cheap seats.... it is an entirely different situation when your neck is on the line.

I think it wise not to judge anyone too quickly or too harshly with regard to Osama. Fact is, in the end, he was tracked down and brought to justice.

Great to see

I loved the scenes with FDNY and NYPD finally getting justice. It is a great day in the fight against terrorism. It saddens me how quickly this has been turned into a political event rather than celebrating a major blow against the perpetrators of 9-11

I am glad Osama is dead however I don't understand why Muslims overseas are angry that people here are celebrating? alot of the people that are celebrating lost loves ones in the 9/11 attacks so of course they will be happy.

I am glad Osama is dead however I don't understand why Muslims overseas are angry that people here are celebrating? alot of the people that are celebrating lost loves ones in the 9/11 attacks so of course they will be happy.

To most of the Muslim world, bin Laden was not a hero. They look at him as a mass murderer who brought shame on their religion

epa_ground_zero_people_reax_ll_110502_wg.jpg

:clap2:

Thousands of jubilant New Yorkers flocked to the site of the 9/11 terror attack during the night to celebrate the killing of Osama bin Laden by U.S. troops
, but for families who lost someone on 9/11 bin Laden's death was greeted with a mix of elation and sadness.

Revelers waved American flags, chanted "USA" and sang patriotic songs during the night. Others popped champagne corks, climbed trees, swung from lampposts and street signs in a spontaneous party that started shortly after President Obama announced bin Laden's death before midnight Sunday.

"Tonight is a great night," said Rocco Chierichella, the retired firefighter who famously handed President George W. Bush a bullhorn when he visited the smoldering wreckage of the twin towers nearly 10 years ago.

"People are releasing some of that jubilation," he told ABC News steps from where he told President Bush that he couldn't be heard.

"I can hear them all," Chierichella said of the revelers. "Let's hear it for the U.S. Army. Tonight is for them."

Osama Bin Laden Death Is Bittersweet for 9/11 Families - ABC News

To most of the Muslim world, bin Laden was not a hero. They look at him as a mass murderer who brought shame on their religion

Got a link or is this personal op?

Arab Americans, Muslims rejoice at death of bin Laden - USATODAY.com

Reminds me of the Muslims dancing on 9/11.

I didn't think that was appropriate either.

To me, there is a difference in celebrating the death of a mass murderer and celebrating the deaths of 3000 innocent people

Arab Americans, Muslims rejoice at death of bin Laden - USATODAY.com

In the NY Times article I linked to above it also mentions Muslims were among those celebrating at ground zero last night...

"Muslim women in head scarves and Muslim men in turbans and long beards carrying American flags, mixed with retired firefighters, service members in uniform and college students. "

Reminds me of the Muslims dancing on 9/11.

I didn't think that was appropriate either.

To me, there is a difference in celebrating the death of a mass murderer and celebrating the deaths of 3000 innocent people

How many innocent people were killed in our attempt to kill one man? Over 7000 soldiers and about 100 times that many civilians.

Think about that while you're dancing in the streets.

Last edited:
We need to keep our eye on the ball. We have won a major battle in the War on Terrorism. We have cut off the head of the snake, but the body is still alive.

Forum List

Back