Newt's Done...

You actually think Newt has a shot? Seriously? He has too much baggage, plus you can't run a part time campaign like his wife wanted him to do. He has miscalculated this all the way around.
It's 7 months before the first caucus, there's plenty of time to campaign, Obama has more baggage than anybody as his is a failed presidency thats destroying our country. Yes, Newt is still in the race. In fact, of the announced candidates he's in a virtual three wat tie for second place as him, Cain, and Paul fight to be the "not Romney". Paul won't be it, Cain may be but so far I consider him the flavor of the month. I like the guy but his ideas are light, his policy positions are non-existant, and he's pretty much just running an anti Obama campaign with not much substance. It comes down (currently) to Cain or Newt to be the "not Romney" and I don't believe Cain has either the staying power or the depth to win.

Sorry, but Newt's "campaign" is purely egocentrical. He's an idea man, and does poorly at implementation. Screwinng up in the first week on Meet the Press followed up by a two week vacation abroad is not how you campaign......even if the first caucus is 7 months away. Aloof candidates do not attract voters. Look, I think Newt is a very intelligent man, but he needs to stick to writing and selling books. He will never be elected to any office again.
Odd, I seem to remember that as speaker he was EXTREMELY effective at implimentation. So effective in fact, that the left had to demonize him to make him so "unpopular" that his voice on the public stage was virtually silenced.

BTW, he also appeared on numerous other shows including a very effective appearance on FTN the following sunday and spent the week in IA campaigning. Odd facts you seem to want to just skip over.

Last edited:
It's 7 months before the first caucus, there's plenty of time to campaign, Obama has more baggage than anybody as his is a failed presidency thats destroying our country. Yes, Newt is still in the race. In fact, of the announced candidates he's in a virtual three wat tie for second place as him, Cain, and Paul fight to be the "not Romney". Paul won't be it, Cain may be but so far I consider him the flavor of the month. I like the guy but his ideas are light, his policy positions are non-existant, and he's pretty much just running an anti Obama campaign with not much substance. It comes down (currently) to Cain or Newt to be the "not Romney" and I don't believe Cain has either the staying power or the depth to win.

Sorry, but Newt's "campaign" is purely egocentrical. He's an idea man, and does poorly at implementation. Screwinng up in the first week on Meet the Press followed up by a two week vacation abroad is not how you campaign......even if the first caucus is 7 months away. Aloof candidates do not attract voters. Look, I think Newt is a very intelligent man, but he needs to stick to writing and selling books. He will never be elected to any office again.
Odd, I seem to remember that as speaker he was EXTREMELY effective at implimentation. So effective in fact, that the left had to demonize him to make him so "unpopular" that his voice on the public stage was virtually silenced.

BTW, he also appeared on numerous other shows including a very effective appearance on FTN the following sunday and spent the week in IA campaigning. Odd facts you seem to want to just skip over.

Ever heard the saying, "yes, but what have you done for me TODAY"? Yes, Newt was at his zenith back in the mid 90's. This is 2011. Like Michael Jackson, King of Pop, Newt's star burned bright for a while and then fizzled out. He still talks politics, but it ain't what it used to be.

Look, when your whole senior staff.....some of which have been with you for years packs their bags and walks away because you want to campaign on your wife's terms, you are floundering.

I get that you like him. Me, I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell. Time will tell.

Hmmmm...........me thinks we'll find out there is more to this story sometime soon.......

Heard on NPR that Newt recently used the term "right wing social engineering" in reference to some (didn't hear who) fellow republican or perhaps some R group.

Now OF COURSE, various R groups are about the business of social engineering.

That is a given because every government policy is some kind of social engineering.

However, since that is one of the charges so often made by R's in regard to any D or left wing policy proposal, the Rs would like to insure that the average American doesn't THINK that the R's are about the business of social engineering.

SOCIAL ENGINEERS charges are much like the charges made about people fighting a CLASS WAR.

Every policy is going to effect the CLASSES differently, ergo every proposal to change any policy could be (if one were an idiot, who didn't understand the forking OBVIOUS) called CLASS WAR.

Such charges as CLASS WAR or SOCIAL ENGINEERING can be 100% TRUE without actually conveying any TRUTH if the audience is clueless.

And since the public mostly doesn't have a fucking clue about social science or what terms in that dicipline actually mean?

Propagandists have turned value neutral words and phases into partisan EPITHETS.

Newt's SIN was being ACCURATE in his terminology.

But he wasn't using the REPUBLICAN APPROVED script.

Here ya go, it was on "Meet the Press"......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsHw92j9P0Q"]YouTube - ‪Gingrich: GOP Budget Plan Is "Right-Wing Social Engineering"‬‏[/ame]

And........if you need more evidence, remember Boehner and Cantor squawking about jobs and the economy? Why is it then, that the first thing they did was try to get rid of DADT, go after abortion, the Defense of Marriage Act and all that other crap instead of jobs and the economy?

Then.......there's the FL governor who is now doing drug testing for welfare.........

Thanks.

Yup! Newt clearly went off the Republican reservation when he spilled the beans about right wing social engineering.

Of course it's okay to for the supply siding partisans to do social engineering as long as you don't CALL IT what it is.

Heard on NPR that Newt recently used the term "right wing social engineering" in reference to some (didn't hear who) fellow republican or perhaps some R group.

Now OF COURSE, various R groups are about the business of social engineering.

That is a given because every government policy is some kind of social engineering.

However, since that is one of the charges so often made by R's in regard to any D or left wing policy proposal, the Rs would like to insure that the average American doesn't THINK that the R's are about the business of social engineering.

SOCIAL ENGINEERS charges are much like the charges made about people fighting a CLASS WAR.

Every policy is going to effect the CLASSES differently, ergo every proposal to change any policy could be (if one were an idiot, who didn't understand the forking OBVIOUS) called CLASS WAR.

Such charges as CLASS WAR or SOCIAL ENGINEERING can be 100% TRUE without actually conveying any TRUTH if the audience is clueless.

And since the public mostly doesn't have a fucking clue about social science or what terms in that dicipline actually mean?

Propagandists have turned value neutral words and phases into partisan EPITHETS.

Newt's SIN was being ACCURATE in his terminology.

But he wasn't using the REPUBLICAN APPROVED script.

Here ya go, it was on "Meet the Press"......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsHw92j9P0Q"]YouTube - ‪Gingrich: GOP Budget Plan Is "Right-Wing Social Engineering"‬‏[/ame]

And........if you need more evidence, remember Boehner and Cantor squawking about jobs and the economy? Why is it then, that the first thing they did was try to get rid of DADT, go after abortion, the Defense of Marriage Act and all that other crap instead of jobs and the economy?

Then.......there's the FL governor who is now doing drug testing for welfare.........

Thanks.

Yup! Newt clearly went off the Republican reservation when he spilled the beans about right wing social engineering.

Of course it's okay to for the supply siding partisans to do social engineering as long as you don't CALL IT what it is.
When you guys learn the difference between process and policy let me know.

Forum List

Back