mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Seacoastonline.com

Gingrich's campaign manager, other aides resign

By DAVID ESPO
AP Special Correspondent

WASHINGTON (AP) - Newt Gingrich's campaign manager and numerous other key aides have resigned together, a strong blow to his hopes for the Republican presidential nomination.

Ginrgrich press spokesman Rick Tyler told The Associated Press that he's resigned along with campaign manager Rob Johnson, senior strategists and aides in key early primary states.

---

Interesting...

:)

peace...

Hmmmm...........me thinks we'll find out there is more to this story sometime soon.......

I don't think Romney will get a boost out of this. Gringrich mostly appealed to tea party types, and he would have sliced deeply into the Herman Cain vote. I think this is bad news for Romney, as the tea party side can now coalesce around someone better.

I think he told them to quit. I think after the bungles in Iowa and the hair splitting over his Hilary care proposals killed him. And his serial marriage history was not help either.

This should benefit Cain and/or Paul since he was one of the few with economically conservative chops.

Romney might pick up a little bit, but that would be people picking a known front runner vs an unkown and another that has lost a few in a row.

I don't think Romney will get a boost out of this. Gringrich mostly appealed to tea party types, and he would have sliced deeply into the Herman Cain vote. I think this is bad news for Romney, as the tea party side can now coalesce around someone better.

I think he told them to quit. I think after the bungles in Iowa and the hair splitting over his Hilary care proposals killed him. And his serial marriage history was not help either.

make I cannot, reppage to you....:doubt:

I liked him a lot back in the day. He was a great man, but never a presidential contender. Especially after that really crass divorce.

Newt's flash in the pan was not even as titillating as Trumps! His campaign died with a whimper.

Who's next? The charismatic Pawlenty or the righteous Santorum or the intellectual Palin?

Palins not in.
Santorum is a non-starter. I doubt many will notice he's no longer running.
Pawlenty? hmm He's got the chops, but lacks fame. He's behind the popular Rand and won't be able to out charisma Cain. He'd make a good Veep though

I liked him a lot back in the day. He was a great man, but never a presidential contender. Especially after that really crass divorce.

Nah....he was the front man for the Republican party in the mid-90's. And like any front man, telling the truth was not his strong suit.
He was a back room deal maker who would slice your Mothers throat if you went against him.
And he very often would pass/deny bills based on politics rather than substance.
He was no angel in more ways than one.

Seacoastonline.com

By DAVID ESPO
AP Special Correspondent

WASHINGTON (AP) - Newt Gingrich's campaign manager and numerous other key aides have resigned together, a strong blow to his hopes for the Republican presidential nomination.

Ginrgrich press spokesman Rick Tyler told The Associated Press that he's resigned along with campaign manager Rob Johnson, senior strategists and aides in key early primary states.

---

Interesting...

peace...

Hmmmm.........wonder if they went to work for Bachmann? She's started hiring people like Ed Rollins, who has already taken swipes at Palin.

And.........I've got a hunch there is gonna be a fight between Palin and Bachmann soon.

Seacoastonline.com

By DAVID ESPO
AP Special Correspondent

---

Interesting...

peace...

Hmmmm.........wonder if they went to work for Bachmann? She's started hiring people like Ed Rollins, who has already taken swipes at Palin.

And.........I've got a hunch there is gonna be a fight between Palin and Bachmann soon.
sounds kinky. :lol:

Id like more info why.

I wouldnt count anyone out till they are out. If you remember McCain's campaign suffered a setback similiar to this before the 2008 primary. Everyone said he was out. Unfortunately, he didnt get the memo.

Id like more info why.

I wouldnt count anyone out till they are out. If you remember McCain's campaign suffered a setback similiar to this before the 2008 primary. Everyone said he was out. Unfortunately, he didnt get the memo.
Word is many are Perry's guys and he's about to jump. If so this was a sleazy move on the part of his campaign guys.

How did Gingrich appeal to us? :confused: Him sitting on a couch with Nancy Pelosi destroyed any chance he may have had at being a serious Conservative candidate.

Forum List

Back