Newtown= game changer?

Will/should ANYTHING be done?

Nothing will be done to the extent of a new AWB.

There also won’t be a ‘universal’ background check for private sales as that would require some form of National registration system in order to enforce the statute.

There is no political will for either.

We are not Israel. I do not want an armed guard at my child's grade school. Sorry

There is a Deputy or Officer at each of our schools.

We love it.

I'm sure you do! It is your right to have peace of mind while your children are at school. This is America. Not Russia. Speaking of which there is a Russian blogger on this message board who wrote a stunning testimony of what happened to the people of Russia once they took away all of their guns. If anyone hasn't read that they should. He is a great source of information seeing as he has lived through the reality of a weapons ban in his own nation and saw millions of innocent civilians slaughtered as a result of their naivete'.

- Jeremiah

The facts are against you.

Reasonable people no longer associate LEGAL gun ownership with crime.

There are more legally owned firearms in the United States than ever before.

Forty eight states allow citizens to legally carry concealed firearms.

And yet violent crime is at a 50 year low.

Firearm murder is at a 20 year low.

This is why gun control attempts fail.

Facts, logic and reason trump emotion.

Whyguncontrolfails_zps1edb77e6.png

Newtown didn't NEED one either until 26 people were killed.
I don't normally need my gun either but I always carry it - just incase that this is the time I DO need it.
I don't need a seat belt either - most of the time but I wear it anyway - I have even before it was a law. Why? Because it is too late to buckle up when the accident is happening.

I am glad for you. My son's school doesn't and they don't need one.

They don't need one until they need one. Most people's houses don't burn down or get washed away in floods but they still have homeowner's insurance. Most people don't die at the age of 40 but still have life insurance. Most people don't get seriously injured or sick all too often but still have health insurance. Most schools don't get shot up by crazy teenagers but... hopefully you get the picture.

If you don't think your community needs an armed guard at the school though, more power to you. But, if insuring a house, car or health is important enough to invest in then i would think your child's safety is worthy cause of at least considering insuring.

how so? please go on.

Obama is not serious because "Gun control" is a loser politically. He cares so little about it that he put Joe Biden in charge.
see my last comment below.
Look at the composition of the Senate. Over half get an A rating from the NRA and that includes a great deal of Democrats. Any legislation that did manage to pass the Senate would be DOA in the House.

Where the Senate stands on Gun Control in one chart
How did NRA backed candidates do in the last election? NRA also lost big on Election Day - Salon.com
We are not Israel. I do not want an armed guard at my child's grade school. Sorry

Personally, I find the whole idea to be very Orwellian, but it should be a decision for the local community, not the feds. Let the school districts and the people in those communities decide for themselves what they want.
Columbine had security
Why not do what Israel does? Fully armed guards at schools? Obama has 11 fully armed guards watching over his daughters at Sidwell. He must think it is a good idea for his own children? Why not do this at all schools as Israel has zero events due to their policy at schools. Same goes for Israeli air travel. Zero incidents on hijackings, etc. Why are we not using what has been proven to work for Israel? Read this to understand what Path America is going down right now, people.

Israel also has compulsory military service and universal health care.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything at all, but thanks for sharing.
ummm..... I was addressing an individual who held up Israel as a model. If you don't have anything constructive to add...
how so? please go on.

Obama is not serious because "Gun control" is a loser politically. He cares so little about it that he put Joe Biden in charge.

This is the most rational thing I've seen posted about the subject. Nobody who cared about an issue would make Joe Biden the point man.

ok. people.... I have to reiterate that this is the CDZ. Please leave your partisan blinders at the door. The VP put together a "task force" ok? He didn't sit at his desk and do it all himself. Mkay? Good.
Joe Biden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
His ability to negotiate with Congressional Republicans played a key role in bringing about the bipartisan deals that resulted in the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 that resolved a taxation deadlock, the Budget Control Act of 2011 that resolved that year's debt ceiling crisis, and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 that addressed the impending "fiscal cliff".

Last edited:
The facts are against you.

Reasonable people no longer associate LEGAL gun ownership with crime.

There are more legally owned firearms in the United States than ever before.

Forty eight states allow citizens to legally carry concealed firearms.

And yet violent crime is at a 50 year low.

Firearm murder is at a 20 year low.

This is why gun control attempts fail.

Facts, logic and reason trump emotion.

Whyguncontrolfails_zps1edb77e6.png

gun control is a pretty broad term. It covers safety measures such as trigger locks which have nothing to do w/ gun grabbing. BTW- who produced that chart?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back