Newt won hands down

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
He shut down Ron Paul's incoherent foreign policy with an analogy of the US being attacked with missiles like Israel and we wouldn't wait to sit down and try to negotiate with the terrorists.

He shut down Ron Paul's incoherent foreign policy with an analogy of the US being attacked with missiles like Israel and we wouldn't wait to sit down and try to negotiate with the terrorists.

Except it was Santorum that shut down Ron Paul...

Santorum is a good man but he doesn't have that powerful charisma needed for the big job. I would love to see Newt debate Obama. Hannity asked Newt what would happen if Barry refused to debate? Newt answered "I would follow him around the Country and analyze every one of his speeches until he agreed to debate". That kind of aggressiveness in a republican is refreshing. I remember when timid McCain gave ordered his people not to mention Barry's middle name.

Wow, talk about apples and oranges. I doubt Canada or Mexico will start launching missiles at us for no reason. Honestly, that was an idiotic analogy.

But hey, if your belief is that we should start a war with every country on the planet that could conceivably one day become some kind of a threat to us, then Newt is your man.

Last edited:
Santorum is a good man but he doesn't have that powerful charisma needed for the big job. I would love to see Newt debate Obama. Hannity asked Newt what would happen if Barry refused to debate? Newt answered "I would follow him around the Country and analyze every one of his speeches until he agreed to debate". That kind of aggressiveness in a republican is refreshing. I remember when timid McCain gave ordered his people not to mention Barry's middle name.

The problem we've been dealing with is we've been electing people who are all style and charisma and poor substance. Maybe we need a President who doesn't have the charisma.

Silent Cal wasnt a big ball of Charisma, but he was one of the greatest Presidents we ever had.

Good, let's make sure he gets the nomination. I know I'm going to vote for him in my state's primary. I hope all Democrats do.

I didn'twatch it - but from what I have heard - Newt had a good debate.

Panic starting to set in on theObama camp?????????????????

I dunno, there was an awful lot of silence when he was trying to defend his work in relation to Freddie and Fanny and trying to explain how great government spending programs are.

Ron Paul's utterly insane foreign policy delusions are the softest softball imaginable.

No one "wins" debates anymore.

Each candidate's responses are designed so their supporters can claim that they "won" the debate. (That's why no actual debating goes on, just the reading of talking points).

The problem we've been dealing with is we've been electing people who are all style and charisma and poor substance. Maybe we need a President who doesn't have the charisma.

Silent Cal wasnt a big ball of Charisma, but he was one of the greatest Presidents we ever had.

Calvin Coolidge was one of the worst presidents in our history... Are you kidding? Probably responsible for the Great Depression more than Hoover or anyone else.

HIstorians usually rate him near the bottom for good reason.

And I think this is an important thing. The media is going to try to intimidate ANYONE who runs against Obama by subtly implying that they are racist for daring to oppose Obama.

YOu see, this is why I think nominating Romney would be a horrible idea. The media is just holding back on him right now, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the minute he gets the nomination, they are going to roll out their "Racism in the Mormon Church" stories.

Newt won't be intimidated. Romney will...

I dunno, there was an awful lot of silence when he was trying to defend his work in relation to Freddie and Fanny and trying to explain how great government spending programs are.

Most party debates - Democrat or Republican - are lame and hard to watch. I watched about 45 seconds of last night's, and that is what I saw. Newt's answer was weak but he's in a box.

In other news, Newt has slipped into second place behind Romney in Iowa in the latest Rasmussen poll.

Most party debates - Democrat or Republican - are lame and hard to watch. I watched about 45 seconds of last night's, and that is what I saw. Newt's answer was weak but he's in a box.

In other news, Newt has slipped into second place behind Romney in Iowa in the latest Rasmussen poll.

And Mittens has slipped into FOURTH place in the INsider Advantage Poll.

But keep hoping you get your Weird Mormon Robot, because he'll give us four more years of Obama.

Except it was Santorum that shut down Ron Paul...

Santorum couldn't shut Paris Hilton down.

t1larg.santorum.nov10.gi.jpg

But keep hoping you get your Weird Mormon Robot, because he'll give us four more years of Obama.

Über-RINO

We've had three polls this week. In two of those, your latest flavour of the month as you desperately rotate from candidate to candidate to manifest your obvious bigotry has fallen from the low 30s to the low 20s. The only poll which does not is the one you cite, perhaps like that single poll you cited several weeks back which had Newt surging in NH which was eventually dismissed it as a rogue poll. Speaking of which, I can see why you cling to the Insider poll, given that it also has the gap narrowing in NH, even though every other poll has Romney with a substantial lead.

Haters gonna hate!

Über-RINO

We've had three polls this week. In two of those, your latest flavour of the month as you desperately rotate from candidate to candidate to manifest your obvious bigotry has fallen from the low 30s to the low 20s. The only poll which does not is the one you cite, perhaps like that single poll you cited several weeks back which had Newt surging in NH which was eventually dismissed it as a rogue poll. Speaking of which, I can see why you cling to the Insider poll, given that it also has the gap narrowing in NH, even though every other poll has Romney with a substantial lead.

Haters gonna hate!

For a guy who is getting what he 'wants', you seem awfully unhappy.

Hey, the Republican Party was never going to let their rank and file choose the candidate. They were going to run Romney, no matter what the voters of the party want. So you can get all orgasmic that he's getting a whopping 23% of the Iowa vote in (actually, within the margin of error of what he's always been getting).

(Incidently, the "rogue" poll in NH was from Rassumussen as well. Funny that you like Rassumussen when he says what you want to hear>)

But to the point- Romney will lose because Republicans are about as enthusiastic about him as they would be about a Root canal. You can scream about "haters" all day, but when you base your political coalition on people with certain views and then slap them in the face by picking a guy who insults them, you should expect what you get.

I personally don't think Obama deserves re-election. But you nominate Romney, I'll vote for him and I'll send him money. And when he loses because evangelicals don't show up and Hispanics rush back to Obama in droves, please don't come crying to me, because -

I TOLD YOU SO.

Forum List

Back