Newt Winsd SC

One chance, CG. Do you believe that I accused Mitt Romney of actual tax evasion in this thread? Or do you grasp that I was using the term in a satirical manner to point out that he lost SC because he would not come clean regarding his tax returns?

Try honesty.

Stop playing victim. You were trying to slander the man.

If Romney does lose SC it is not because of his tax returns, it will be because of the way Newt handled himself in the last debate.

One big question is Rick Santorum - if he does poorly, how will he keep going? If he does drop out, much of his support could go to Gingrich as the anti-Romney, and then you have a real horse race. How odd that Gingrich seems to be getting a lot of support from the social cons despite his marital baggage. Tells me that jobs and the economy trumps a lot of things, at least in the minds of some.

I don't think he can. However, there are some in his campaign so I hear that believe that if he stays in the race and lays low for Florida, accepting maybe 10% of the vote or so, the hope is that Gingrich wins South Carolina and Florida with such a large margin that it knocks out Romney.

That's surely a long shot, and I wouldn't bet on it, BUT I believe that's the strategy. Santorum isn't going to spend much on Florida or Nevada. He's just going to wait it out. If Romney loses Florida, he'll hop back in the race after Nevada to take on the Grinch.

I don't think it'll work, but to each his own. He's counting on Romney continuing to shot himself in the foot.

One chance, CG. Do you believe that I accused Mitt Romney of actual tax evasion in this thread? Or do you grasp that I was using the term in a satirical manner to point out that he lost SC because he would not come clean regarding his tax returns?

Try honesty.

If Romney does lose SC it is not because of his tax returns, it will be because of the way Newt handled himself in the last debate.

You know that is not the case.

Try honesty.

...And because he's more of a social liberal then John Kerry.:lol::lol:

Talk about failing to get the point across. I really misjudged on this one.

Let me clarify and retract:

My comment regarding "tax evasion" was a play on words--meant to refer to Mitt's failure to adequately answer charges about his tax returns. This was, IMHO, the reason he has gotten his ass kicked in SC. I was not accusing the man of evading taxes in the legal sense.

Fuck..................

I still think Mittens will win Florida, it looks like a blood bath right into March, just in time for Wrestlemania,,,maybe it will be settled then? Id actually rather see Mitt VS Newt over Cena VS The Rock.

Ill wait for the final results.

That might be wise. These are exit vote polls. There was one race years ago that the exit polls were all wrong and the reporters declared that the voters must have lied to them, lol. The vote with less than 1%, Romney leads.

My comment regarding "tax evasion" was a play on words--meant to refer to Mitt's failure to adequately answer charges about his tax returns. This was, IMHO, the reason he has gotten his ass kicked in SC. I was not accusing the man of evading taxes in the legal sense.

Fuck..................

Maybe......because he fumbled around with the question on releasing his records the other night.....but not really. Newt may have won SC because he dumped on King.

Ill wait for the final results.

That might be wise. These are exit vote polls. There was one race years ago that the exit polls were all wrong and the reporters declared that the voters must have lied to them, lol. The vote with less than 1%, Romney leads.

I always wondered who are these people that fill out those long questionnaires that exit polls tend to be... I never do.

Mondays Debate is gonna get the most ratings, millions of American will be anticipating hearing Newt Say "Brian Williams,,,,YOU IGNORANT SLUT !!!" at the start !! He's next on Newt's Bitch Slap List !

Fuck..................

Maybe......because he fumbled around with the question on releasing his records the other night.....but not really. Newt may have won SC because he dumped on King.

Clearly Romney had to know that his tax records were going to be a question just as Gingrich knew his ex was going to be a question. Gingrich was prepared and Romney wasn't. There was no excuse for that.

And everyone in this nation is "tax efficient" when it comes to the taxes they owe, regardless of the bracket they are in. No one gladly pays more than they have to.

Gingrich was found guilty of one of 84 accusations of ethics violations. That had to do with the use of his office when teaching a class. That is my understanding. Sounds like the fishing expedition was hardly successful as it was intended. It's all about ABO.

Filing an ethics accusation was much easier when Gingrich was speaker. The committee was evenly divided, and all you need was half the members to vote "yeah." The Democrats simply filed accusation after accusation because they could and they wanted to take down Gingrich.

Fuck..................

Clearly Romney had to know that his tax records were going to be a question just as Gingrich knew his ex was going to be a question. Gingrich was prepared and Romney wasn't. There was no excuse for that.

Good point. Romney fumbled with his question while Newt knocked it out.

Forum List

Back