Newt wants to censor TV stations

Gives us a good idea of how His Eminence would rule after his coronation.

Gingrich demands TV stations stop airing negative ad – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The letter claims spots created and paid for by the super PAC Restore Our Future erroneously suggest Gingrich was fined for ethics violations during his tenure as House speaker, saying, "These statements are NOT TRUE."

That's rich...Coming from the father of redefining all democrats as evil. Yes you newbie GOP asshats..there was at least some civility in congress before Newt invented the lexicon of hate now so thoroughly used and accepted by the cons.

Gingrich was a big part of what ruined the republican party. Piss on him.

Democrats support the "fairness doctrine"

What's your point.

So, its okay with you that presidential candidate is demanding control over what you see on TV?

Oh and BTW, the "fairness doctrine" is long gone. Under Ronnie Ray-Gun, it was thrown out in favor of Big Money from the GObP.

What's your point.

So, its okay with you that presidential candidate is demanding control over what you see on TV?

Oh and BTW, the "fairness doctrine" is long gone. Under Ronnie Ray-Gun, it was thrown out in favor of Big Money from the GObP.

If in fact the content of the ad is false I too would demand it be removed. Simply asking that material about you be true or not aired is a far cry from censorship.

And for the record the FD may be gone but the support for it hasn't vanished. And that my friend is censorship based on favoritism. Libs have as many opportunities on the public airways. The people simply don't want to hear your dribble. Hence Air America going bankrupt and BSNBC's ratings being in the tank.

What's your point.

If in fact the content of the ad is false I too would demand it be removed. Simply asking that material about you be true or not aired is a far cry from censorship.

And for the record the FD may be gone but the support for it hasn't vanished. And that my friend is censorship based on favoritism. Libs have as many opportunities on the public airways. The people simply don't want to hear your dribble. Hence Air America going bankrupt and BSNBC's ratings being in the tank.

Thanks to Murdoch and Ales among other network representatives lawsuit decided by the ultra neo con Supreme court it was ruled that there is no obligation by the media to present truth. I find it amusing that with all of the Newtster's education he hasn't run across the saying; "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

Really?

Who decides what you should see? Who decides what is "true"? You really think Newt or any other politician, right or left, should have that power?

Slippery slope doesn't begin to cover it and if you really are "older", then you know that US media used to be trustworthy and immune to money. Whether you know it or understand it, the GObP money now controls almost all media. But, right or left, no businesses or special interest should be able to control US media.

Gives us a good idea of how His Eminence would rule after his coronation.

Gingrich demands TV stations stop airing negative ad – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The letter claims spots created and paid for by the super PAC Restore Our Future erroneously suggest Gingrich was fined for ethics violations during his tenure as House speaker, saying, "These statements are NOT TRUE."
Maybe you should inform on him to [email protected] or ATTACK WATCH!!

Thanks to Murdoch and Ales among other network representatives lawsuit decided by the ultra neo con Supreme court it was ruled that there is no obligation by the media to present truth. I find it amusing that with all of the Newtster's education he hasn't run across the saying; "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

And who was president of the FCC when that happened?

Michael Powell, son of Colin Powell.

Colin Powell is intelligent and a true old fashioned conservative. He was so honest and above board, he quit the bush administration.

His son is a whore who is for sale to the highest bidder. Just watch the footage of him making sure than no one else can speak as he rips the guts out of the FCC. You can see it in the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave.

Really?

Who decides what you should see? Who decides what is "true"? You really think Newt or any other politician, right or left, should have that power?

Slippery slope doesn't begin to cover it and if you really are "older", then you know that US media used to be trustworthy and immune to money. Whether you know it or understand it, the GObP money now controls almost all media. But, right or left, no businesses or special interest should be able to control US media.

Every American has that power. It's called Liable and slander. Politicians are no different. I've not seen the ad so I can't comment on its factual content. If it is truthful leave it on. If its flat out lies it should be taken down.

Newt Gingrich is an authoritarian so this shouldn't surprise anyone.

He's running for the office of president of our country. Look up the First Amendment.

WHAT is wrong with RW's that they are so eager to throw away their rights?

Its okay with me if you do that. I just don't want to be dragged over the cliff with you idiots.

This thread proves my sig quote -

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative". John Stuart Mill

This thread proves my sig quote -

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative". John Stuart Mill

You prove mine:

"Being a liberal" isn't a life accomplishment worthy of respect. It isn't an achievement that puts you above the rest of us. It doesn't give your opinions greater weight. And it isn't a substitute for experience, training, and independent rational thought.
-- daveman

New Topics

Forum List

Back