Newt wanted people to dig...

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
Newt Asked for it, so it shall be done...

The Many Egregious Flip-flops of Newt Gingrich | Story | POWERWALL

Health-Insurance Mandate:

Flip: “Personal responsibility extends to the purchase of health insurance. Citizens should not be able to cheat their neighbors by not buying insurance, particularly when they can afford it, and expect others to pay for their care when they need it.” — June 2007

Flop: “I am against any effort to impose a federal mandate on anyone because it is fundamentally wrong and I believe unconstitutional.” — May 16, 2011

Cap-and-Trade:

Flip: “I think if you have mandatory carbon caps combined with a trading system, much like we did with sulfur, and if you have a tax-incentive program for investing in the solutions, that there’s a package there that’s very, very good. And frankly, it’s something I would strongly support.” — February 2, 2007

Flop: “A carbon cap and trade system … would lead to corruption, political favoritism, and would have a huge impact on the economy.” — April 21, 2008

Climate Change:

Flip: “I think is that the evidence is sufficient that we should move towards the most effective possible steps to reduce carbon-loading of the atmosphere.” — April 10, 2007

Flop: “I actually don’t know whether global warming is occurring.” — November 8, 2011

Paul Ryan’s Budget Plan:

Flip: “I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering… [Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal] is too big a jump.” — May 15, 2011

Flop: “I made a mistake…” — May 17, 2011

Libya:

Flip: “Exercise a no-fly zone this evening … Provide help to the rebels to replace [Qaddafi] … All we have to do is suppress his air force, which we could do in minutes.” — March 7, 2011

Flop: “I would not have intervened. I think there were a lot of other ways to affect Qaddafi … I would not have used American and European forces.” — March 23, 2011

Criminal Court Trials for Suspected Terrorists:

Flip: “Well, I think if [members of the Bush administration] believe they have enough evidence to convict [Jose Padilla], going through the process of convicting him and holding him, I suspect, may be for the rest of his life without parole would not be — would hardly be seen as a loss. I think this administration is still wrestling with what are the real ground rules for dealing with people who are clearly outside of normal warfare? They’re not wearing a uniform. They’re not part of an army. They are openly threatening to kill thousands or even millions of people.” — November 22, 2005

Flop: “Why would you take a Nigerian national who just tried to blow up a plane over Detroit … Why would you take that person, put them in the American criminal justice system, give them an attorney, read them their Miranda rights?” — January 4, 2010

Flip: “Personal responsibility extends to the purchase of health insurance. Citizens should not be able to cheat their neighbors by not buying insurance, particularly when they can afford it, and expect others to pay for their care when they need it.” — June 2007

Flop: “I am against any effort to impose a federal mandate on anyone because it is fundamentally wrong and I believe unconstitutional.” — May 16, 2011

Cap-and-Trade:

Flip: “I think if you have mandatory carbon caps combined with a trading system, much like we did with sulfur, and if you have a tax-incentive program for investing in the solutions, that there’s a package there that’s very, very good. And frankly, it’s something I would strongly support.” — February 2, 2007

Flop: “A carbon cap and trade system … would lead to corruption, political favoritism, and would have a huge impact on the economy.” — April 21, 2008

Climate Change:

Flip: “I think is that the evidence is sufficient that we should move towards the most effective possible steps to reduce carbon-loading of the atmosphere.” — April 10, 2007

Flop: “I actually don’t know whether global warming is occurring.” — November 8, 2011

Paul Ryan’s Budget Plan:

Flip: “I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering… [Paul Ryan's Medicare proposal] is too big a jump.” — May 15, 2011

Libya:

Flip: “Exercise a no-fly zone this evening … Provide help to the rebels to replace [Qaddafi] … All we have to do is suppress his air force, which we could do in minutes.” — March 7, 2011

Flop: “I would not have intervened. I think there were a lot of other ways to affect Qaddafi … I would not have used American and European forces.” — March 23, 2011

Flip: “Well, I think if [members of the Bush administration] believe they have enough evidence to convict [Jose Padilla], going through the process of convicting him and holding him, I suspect, may be for the rest of his life without parole would not be — would hardly be seen as a loss. I think this administration is still wrestling with what are the real ground rules for dealing with people who are clearly outside of normal warfare? They’re not wearing a uniform. They’re not part of an army. They are openly threatening to kill thousands or even millions of people.” — November 22, 2005

Flop: “Why would you take a Nigerian national who just tried to blow up a plane over Detroit … Why would you take that person, put them in the American criminal justice system, give them an attorney, read them their Miranda rights?” — January 4, 2010

*Well, climate change is very real and from 1980-2000, we seen nearly .4c of warming. Real warming. The cause is what's debatable.

*Caping co2 is stupid and a growth of government into our lifes. He was surely wrong to say such a thing, but a president has very little power tax such a thing.

*A federal mandate is again more centeralize federal power. Stupid. If the states want to do it, then sure. Any health care system should be at the state level and the right mixture that keeps the doctors working and caring enough to help all that need it.

*Ryan plan...Not big enough, but far better then anything a idiot like Cain brought forward. Me personally, like the Ron Paul way of doing things.

* He agreed with Obama. :eek: Well, we will see what happens, but I'm scared some very bad people just got into power. Not a good things.:(

*Screw bringing terrorist into our justice system. Shot them. dumb thing to say on Gingriches part.

Ron Paul sounds very good. A man that doesn't come off as a idiot like Cain and isn't a big government commie like newt!

Matthew,

I'm saying this as a person of compassion.

Do yourself a favor and make the switch. It is obvious that you have been disappointed so often by the people that the GOP has offered up that you are suffering.

If you now move to supporting Paul, I fear it may cause you to go off the deep end when you realize that he's half liberal, half insane.

Just make the decision to support Obama now.........end the suffering.

Matthew,

Do yourself a favor and make the switch. It is obvious that you have been disappointed so often by the people that the GOP has offered up that you are suffering.

If you now move to supporting Paul, I fear it may cause you to go off the deep end when you realize that he's half liberal, half insane.

I love it... make it about paul, not newt. That right there tells you something.

Clear as mud.

In either case Gingrich is wrong: the Executive has no Constitutional authority to determine who will or will not be afforded due process, regardless of nationality or status – that’s the purview only of the courts.

And in Boumediene v. Bush (2008) the Court ruled that foreign nationals held as ‘enemy combatants’ are entitled to due process rights; whatever the flip-flops, Gingrich is clearly ignorant of Constitutional case law – or exhibits contempt for it.

Matthew,

I love it... make it about paul, not newt. That right there tells you something.

Say what? Who made it about Paul? Was it me? You ought to slow down.....

Cap-and-Trade:

Climate Change:

Paul Ryan’s Budget Plan:

Libya:

Newt is the biggest flip flopper on the stage, it's time people found out about that.

Cap-and-Trade:

Climate Change:

Paul Ryan’s Budget Plan:

Libya:

Newt is the biggest flip flopper on the stage, it's time people found out about that.

Should Newt win, you all might as well get used to seeing this, as it will be broadcast 24/7 everywhere by the Democratic National Committee. Just made me sick when I first saw this and it's enough to turn any conservative's stomach.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154]Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich Commercial on Climate Change - YouTube[/ame]

Cap-and-Trade:

Climate Change:

Paul Ryan’s Budget Plan:

Libya:

Should Newt win, you all might as well get used to seeing this, as it will be broadcast 24/7 everywhere by the Democratic National Committee. Just made me sick when I first saw this and it's enough to turn any conservative's stomach.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154]Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich Commercial on Climate Change - YouTube[/ame]

Gramps and 44 will shine it on. What else can they do, they are out of candidates to flip flop to.

Gramps and 44 will shine it on. What else can they do, they are out of candidates to flip flop to.

And another flip-flop
Gingrich Goes All Romney and Obama - YouTube

Otherwise, Gingrich is the ‘great intellectual of the right’? Really?

You gotta admit he is the smartest guy on the stage but you never know what he is going to do or say. That's what has me worried about him.

PolitiFact | Did Newt Gingrich flip-flop on supporting Paul Ryan's budget?

How can someone who lies, flip flops and talks out his ass be the “smartest guy on stage?” Newt gets raped by Paul when it comes to actual laws… I understand that Newt comes off as intelligent, until he is challenged, Mitt and Paul are the first to even point out Newts flaws because until the last debate Newt only played “friends” by talking about others policy.

What I mean to say is it’s easy to sit back, talk up others positions and claim “while ____’s idea or policy is not perfect at least it gets us talking about the issue…” That’s all Newt did, I saw that, you saw that, everyone saw that. Newt’s rise is due to Cain’s fall and Mitt’s lack of real support. The first night Newt ever talked about his policies and he is now damaged. Just like Cain or anyone else Newt will rise then fall…

The worst thing Newt has going for him now is Time. Oddly the best thing Paul has going for him is time. For Paul the more you know the better, for Newt the less you know the better, just as it was for Cain, Mitt, Michelle, Perry... Sad really.

Matthew,

If they run Cain, I will cross over and vote for Obama. Cains 9,9,9 is unfair for the lower and middle class in which I belong to. I will forget about the social issues if the republicans run that idiot! Outside of the social issues Bush and Obama aren't to different!

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back