Newt says he is guided by God. Looks to God before making decisions.

It is a Christian belief and clearly stated in the Bible by Jesus.

But these American Christians we see today are NOT the same as the kind of Christians we have come to expect.

When audience members applauded executions and shouted "Let him die", no candidates said a thing about it. When you have a Republican leader, such as Andre Bauer, saying "Feed the poor and they'll breed", clearly, that goes against Christian teaching.

Ephesians 6:5 NLT Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

Clearly Jesus approves of slavery, otherwise he wouldn't be saying "be a better slave". This is why many confederates have no problem with slavery. Jesus says nothing against the gays, but the right wing makes gays central to their "hate", for lack of a better way to put it.

Someone once told me that helping the poor was central to the Bible. I believe that.

But how to help is the question.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Personally I think there are Natures battling inside each of us, RD. That's why it is important to feed Conscience, and work with it. We Each need to be seeing through our own eyes, right? We are alive in a World that rebelled, and is paying it's dues. When you think about it, there is allot wrong here. To borrow from Scripture, Our Force is Not Right.

That said, God First In All Things. That does not mean We always get it right,it does mean that we learn from our mistakes and develop. We don't Surrender In Spirit. It's weird saying this but instead of judging, set an example. Separate the Sin or act from the Sinner. We All stumble.My Philosophy in part, is that we each are of more value than the tangents we create. A constant theme throughout the Old and New Testaments, is Redemption, Reconciliation. For Each, there is a choice.

The Politics of the times of the Prophets, the Cultures were different, the People adapted or lived short lives. The Leaders had arbitrary power over life and death. Christ's mission was Salvation, not Political Science. He was here to redeem Souls, not Run for Office or Abolish Slavery, directly, anyway. I view the Bible as Inspired, it is a Book with hidden meaning by design, Matters to be revealed in their own time. There are pitfalls, there is even misdirection by design. There were Powers that were meant to be thrown off course, off guard, so, that does involve multi levels of understanding. It's a Tool. Let's distinguish between God, The Church, The Things many have claimed to do in His Name, both Rightly and Wrongly. I'm not big on Slavery. I know you aren't. How many slaves did Jesus have? Timothy?

I think Everyday we effect change, both good and bad. We help each other in allot of ways, more so when we try consciously. We do it by example, by what we say and do. We do it when we teach skill, respect for what is just. We effect attitude and motivation, tone, outcome. Purpose driven life? Not Someone Else's, but Each Our Own.

How many slaves does Christ have? For someone such as myself who has no mystical beliefs it's a matter of perspective. One could say billions and be perfectly correct.

But to say the focus was "spiritual salvation" may not be entirely true. The fact he told the rich over and over again to help the poor proves that he also wanted to reduce the physical suffering that comes from starvation and related ills. If it was all about "spirit", then the sooner they died, the sooner they could get to "Heaven".

I think he would say that his primary function was Salvation. Curing and Healing, easing suffering, are a part of the package. ;) To claim that Christ Enslaved, a bit off of the top. Again, you are placing responsibility on him, for what others may have done in his name, rightly or wrongly. Learn how to distinguish.

How weird. I guess he should have said he consults 99 czars and an ex terrorist before he made any decision and that would be normal .

Actually, based on simple observation, I think that He would want us to colonize Mars instead of the Moon because the Moon has a greater chance of meteor impacts.

Guess Newt didn't take that into consideration.

Besides...........Mars has atmosphere, the Moon doesn't.
But fat ass Snooty Newtie would weigh less on the Moon.

Because Mars has no magnetic field, it's atmosphere has been blasted away by solar winds until it's like 1% ours, or less.

You are Right. Newt is just so damned short sighted. :lol:

When Totalitarianism comes, you will not be able to buy, sell or trade, without the Mark.

P.S. Separation of Church and State is a Christian Teaching. Maybe the problem lies in your definition.

What?
For almost a thousand years the Christian Church was in bed with every monarchy in Europe. They drew their power from the church, trampling on the common man declaring their divine right from God.
The main support against the revolution was from the Anglican church which was the dominant church in the colonies. 100,000 of them left to Canada and back to England after the revolution.

The Magna Carta was a result of Christian Faith. It opened the door to the Natural Rights of the Common Man. You are also confusing issues. That includes confusing Human Nature with Divine Nature. We are all held hostage by human nature at some time in our lives. Liberty, and working for what is Just and Right is a work in progress. I stopped blaming God for what we do to each other a long time ago. You should try that on for size. Still, the Establishment of Life, Liberty, Property, Pursuit of Happiness, are Christian Principles, Values, and We are Rooted in them. As much as Individual Liberty is an offense to Statist Progressives, You can't undue them, without a Fight.

Great Reference Material here.
The Catholic Encyclopedia
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Home

Yes, the Magna Carta was instrumental for the founders in their writing of the Constitution.
The Magna Carta perfectly illustrates taking power away from religion and giving it to the people so I do see your point.

images
All four candidates were asked about the role of religion if they are president.

A mishmash of "This is a Christian Country" and they are guided by God. Our founders wanted this to be a Christian country.

Worst, our laws should be based on our religion.

Newt also said, "We are at "war". Christians against the "academic elite"." and he will be "guided by God".

Christians against the "academic elite?

Is that like "Christians against education"?

Newt Gingrich admits he isn't God and prays to God for guidance.

Obama believes he IS God and has no need to pray for guidance.

Maybe God wants a colony on the moon.

Did you ever think of that?

Actually, based on simple observation, I think that He would want us to colonize Mars instead of the Moon because the Moon has a greater chance of meteor impacts.

Do you have anything besides your own ignorance to back that up? Keep in mind that Mars is actually closer to the asteroid belt and is covered with impact craters.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...making-decisions-post4734710.html#post4734710

But fat ass Snooty Newtie would weigh less on the Moon.

Because Mars has no magnetic field, it's atmosphere has been blasted away by solar winds until it's like 1% ours, or less.

I love it when rdean pretends he understands science. Tell me something, why is the solar wind hypothesis your preferred explanation? Why don't you think the fact that Mars is not venting gasses from volcanoes is the predominate factor in the thin atmosphere?

By the way, Mars does have a magnetic field.

Maybe God wants a colony on the moon.

Did you ever think of that?

Do you have anything besides your own ignorance to back that up? Keep in mind that Mars is actually closer to the asteroid belt and is covered with impact craters.

Actually, the moon has many more than Mars. Besides, Mars also has 2 moons to help stop meteor impacts.

Incidentally.............exactly HOW many meteor impacts were recorded by Spirit and Opportunity?

Actually, the moon has many more than Mars. Besides, Mars also has 2 moons to help stop meteor impacts.

Incidentally.............exactly HOW many meteor impacts were recorded by Spirit and Opportunity?

Actually, it doesn't, you just see the ones on the Moon easier than the ones on Mars because the Moon is closer.

Craters on Mars

Incidentally, the rovers do not have seismographs, which means they cannot record any impacts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back