Newt received $1.6 million from Freddie Mac

Obama blew $546,000,000 on Solyndra...and so so so much more. just sayin

Bush started the Solyndra program.

Just sayin...

This is true Chris...but he didn't blow 546 million on it.... just sayin..

Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae should be fully investigated by.. ah.. I don't even know who can be trusted anymore, the politicians on both sides should pay a price..odds of that...

He "blew" far more on the Joint Strike Fighter and Missile Defense. 2 programs. Hundreds of Billions spent. Nothing to show for it.

Where's Issa?

Bush started the Solyndra program.

Just sayin...

This is true Chris...but he didn't blow 546 million on it.... just sayin..

Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae should be fully investigated by.. ah.. I don't even know who can be trusted anymore, the politicians on both sides should pay a price..odds of that...

He "blew" far more on the Joint Strike Fighter and Missile Defense. 2 programs. Hundreds of Billions spent. Nothing to show for it.

Where's Issa?

What...the subject changed..:eusa_eh:

You're so certain no Democrat voted for those programs...:D

You know what... Fannie & Freddie have long been a darling and slush fund generator for the Democrat Party at the taxpayers expense.. If the left wing loons want to investigate their own piggy bank, I say let them open up that can of worms but it seems rather stupid...

BTW.. That fact that Freddie and Fannie are a dismal failure proves Democrats are in control..

You betcha. That would be one giant can of worms and I'll bet no one wants that on center stage showcasing what an utter failure it has been. Especially the Dems. After all Fannie and Freddi is their PET PROJECT.

You can also bet no one wants the spotlight on who has been keeping this lunacy operating at taxpayer expense for so long either.

FF should have had the plug pulled long ago. Its a giant waste of billions of taxpayer dollars.

GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich’s $30,000-a-month consulting gig with Freddie Mac only ended after the housing meltdown forced the federal government to take over the failing mortgage giant.

Gingrich, who has come under fire this week for work he did during the subprime mortgage crisis, served as a consultant to Freddie Mac until September 2008 when the U.S. Treasury took control of the government-sponsored entity, his spokesman R.C. Hammond confirmed to POLITICO Thursday.

Newt Gingrich consulted Freddie until takeover - Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

Newt Gingrich made between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting fees from two contracts with mortgage company Freddie Mac, according to two people familiar with the arrangement.

The total amount is significantly larger than the $300,000 payment from Freddie Mac that Gingrich was asked about during a Republican presidential debate on Nov. 9 sponsored by CNBC, and more than was disclosed in the middle of congressional investigations into the housing industry collapse.

Gingrich’s business relationship with Freddie Mac spanned a period of eight years. When asked at the debate what he did to earn a $300,000 payment in 2006, the former speaker said he “offered them advice on precisely what they didn’t do,” and warned the company that its lending practices were “insane.” Former Freddie Mac executives who worked with Gingrich dispute that account.

Gingrich’s first contract with the mortgage company was in 1999, five months after he resigned from Congress and as House speaker, according to a Freddie Mac press release.

His primary contact inside the organization was Mitchell Delk, Freddie Mac’s chief lobbyist, and he was paid a self- renewing, monthly retainer of $25,000 to $30,000 between May 1999 until 2002, according to three people familiar with aspects of the business agreement.

Gingrich Said to Be Paid About $1.6 Million by Freddie Mac - Bloomberg

I want to know what he was Advising them to do. If it was anything but, STOP WHAT YOUR DOING YOU ARE GOING TO CAUSE AN ECONOMIC COLLAPSE, Then Newt's Not getting my vote.

Last edited:
Newt Gingrich made between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting fees from two contracts with mortgage company Freddie Mac, according to two people familiar with the arrangement.

The total amount is significantly larger than the $300,000 payment from Freddie Mac that Gingrich was asked about during a Republican presidential debate on Nov. 9 sponsored by CNBC, and more than was disclosed in the middle of congressional investigations into the housing industry collapse.

Gingrich’s business relationship with Freddie Mac spanned a period of eight years. When asked at the debate what he did to earn a $300,000 payment in 2006, the former speaker said he “offered them advice on precisely what they didn’t do,” and warned the company that its lending practices were “insane.” Former Freddie Mac executives who worked with Gingrich dispute that account.

Gingrich’s first contract with the mortgage company was in 1999, five months after he resigned from Congress and as House speaker, according to a Freddie Mac press release.

His primary contact inside the organization was Mitchell Delk, Freddie Mac’s chief lobbyist, and he was paid a self- renewing, monthly retainer of $25,000 to $30,000 between May 1999 until 2002, according to three people familiar with aspects of the business agreement.

Gingrich Said to Be Paid About $1.6 Million by Freddie Mac - Bloomberg

I want to know what he was Advising them to do. If it was anything but, STOP WHAT YOUR DOING YOU ARE GOING TO CAUSE AN ECONOMIC COLLAPSE, Then Newt's Not getting my vote.

"I offered them advice on precisely what they didn't do," Gingrich said last week.

ARTICLE

"My advice as a historian, when they walked in and said to me, 'We are now making loans to people who have no credit history and have no record of paying back anything, but that's what the government wants us to do' — I said to them at the time, 'This is a bubble, this is insane, this is impossible,' " Gingrich said at last week's debate

For its part, Freddie Mac won't confirm or deny that it ever hired him.
Guy Cecala, the publisher of the industry newsletter Inside Mortgage Finance, says Freddie wouldn't have hired Gingrich for his historical and financial perspectives.
"They had rocket scientists and their own brain trust for doing it," he says. "What they were looking more for was political protection and cover, and they wanted it on both sides of the aisle."

Last edited:
I know many on the left are learning impaired but the search function isn't that damn difficult to use.

Or did you just feel your perspective was important enough to warrant another thread on the same topic?

All this frothing at the mouth, wild eyed, crazed Newt bashing going on here by the leftists is making it pretty sure to me that Newt is the guy that should be president. Anybody that scares them this much has to be a good man.

Thanks libtards... the more you bash him, the more I like him... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
This thread is fairly typical of the way threads develop when partisans clash.

The charge is made that Newt got down dirty with Freddie and Fannie Mac

No GOP partisan offers ANY defence or refutation of that charge

Instead their response is advance the charge that Obama got down dirty with other industries.

This is the way partisans think:

Sure, our side are dirty thieving tools who sell out the American people, but so is the other side, so it's OKAY.

THAT is a fairly good example of why America is going down, folks.

I would agree in most cases that is a true statement.
But not this case.
Gingrich earned the money through consulting fees, it wasn't stolen.

The amount he earned is no where close to the bonuses the current FM/FM execs got TODAY, using TAXPAYER dollars for a thrice BAILED out, FAILED business.
Perhaps it's about hypocrisy.

Just to be clear, I am not taking sides.
The Fed Govt should not be in the mortgage industry business.

Instead their response is advance the charge that Obama got down dirty with other industries.

Sure, our side are dirty thieving tools who sell out the American people, but so is the other side, so it's OKAY.

Precisely right! The good news is that you see it from the same one-track mind persons one after the other.

All this frothing at the mouth, wild eyed, crazed Newt bashing going on here by the leftists is making it pretty sure to me that Newt is the guy that should be president. Anybody that scares them this much has to be a good man.

Thanks libtards... the more you bash him, the more I like him... :eusa_whistle:

I guess you'll be appearing on a clock around the top of the hour....

From a liberal:

Please elect Newt Gingrich as your party's nominee.

Absolutely nothing about Gingrich scares me. Nothing.

One of the ways that GOP candidates try to appeal to right wing voters during the run up to the convention?

By trying to convince their party loyalists that the LIBERALS are terrified that THEIR CANDIDATE might become the contender for the office.

I'm with you on this one, CC.

If the GOP wants to run, Newt or Mitt or Sarah or WHOMEVER?

Be my guest, Republicans.

It is, after all, YOUR party.

I would agree in most cases that is a true statement.
But not this case.
Gingrich earned the money through consulting fees, it wasn't stolen.

The amount he earned is no where close to the bonuses the current FM/FM execs got TODAY, using TAXPAYER dollars for a thrice BAILED out, FAILED business.
Perhaps it's about hypocrisy.

Just to be clear, I am not taking sides.
The Fed Govt should not be in the mortgage industry business.

Gingrich's COMPANY earned the money by providing consulting services.

If democrats want to make some kind of argument that no republican should do any kind of work for democrats, THAT I might agree with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back