Newt outlines his new Contract with America

Good deal; it's about time we had something to chew on besides Cain's 9-9-9 plan which is a start but can be shot full of holes, and Romneys 59 point plan, which will have its challenge with capturing the public's imagination. I do believe Newt's a policy/idea genius.

I think most of us agree that Newt Gingrich is brilliant--he has written several books--mostly on the history of this country. I caught his wife on FOX news the other night--and she is out there advocating that more American history be taught in our schools--and she is writing children's books also.

I still don't understand how the RNC can forgive Romney--Perry and every other candidate over past flaws and flip-flops--but can't seem to make that connection with Newt Gingrich? I know he has had some marital problems--getting divorced--remarried etc.--and he did make a couple of very stupid ads with Pelosi and Hillary Clinton. But--what the hay--he would tear Obama a new one in any debate--because he is so knowledgeable.

I don't think we do forgive Newt; that shows in the fact that most of us love him but do not want him for president. But that doesn't take away from the respect we feel towards him as an original thinker, his abillity to identify problems and solutions, and that he is great debater. But he is a gadfly and almost no one takes him seriously as a presidential candidate. A Cabinet secretary - Yes!

Exactly. Secretary Of State? Why not?

Newt and his contracts with America, we all know what happened last time he did this, it failed

The Rs did exactly what they promised to do, in case you are not aware or get your inormation only from the Lamestream Media. Every item on the Contract was put to an up or down vote in the house. That is exactly what they promised,and that's exactly what they did.
Yes they did. They put Clinton in a position to where he had no choice BUT to comply.

Something Obama refuses to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back