newt on reagan

Is anybody truly like anybody?

Reagan was an actor. Gingrich was a history professor.

I think Reagan played a professor in Bedtime for Bonzo.

You asked a question, would Reagan support a mandate. I said if that had been an issue during his presidency, he might have.

Conservatives only were against a mandate when it became the centerpiece of Obama's plan. They were all for it before that. And why not. It makes big corporations richer at the expense of the rest of us, what's not for a Plutocrat to love?

A mandate might have even made sense in 1994 when it was the alternative to a Hillary government power-grab.

Holy fucking shit. I would expect truth matters to beat around this discussion but fuck dude you got her beat.

I thought my arguments are pretty clear, it's not my fault if they go over your head because they didn't teach Reasoning at your "Home-Skule".

No I did not ask this question

You asked a question, would Reagan support a mandate. I said if that had been an issue during his presidency, he might have.

I never asked you
would Reagan support a mandate

I asked you would a supporter of healthcare mandate be like Reagan? So no that does not answer the question truthdon't matter.

And to answer it for you No a supporter of mandated healthcare would not be like reagan. So newt is lying when he says he's like Ronald Reagan.

i'm sure you work in manufacturing in the same sense that you are a conservative, joey.

The sign of a losing argument- attack the other poster.

You lose.

sure thing, joey

newt won't make it out of florida

Very possibly not. I'm actually surprised he made it this far, given his campaign was declared dead last May. He'll probably continue on until at least Super Tuesday, though.

But a thought. Captain AmPad outspent Newt 4 to 1, he won't break 50% in Florida, and he's had the entire GOP Establishment pounding on Newt for him.

I've seriously not seen a frontrunner this weak and inept in 32 years of watching GOP politics. I think the closest was Dole in 1996. And we all remember how well that turned out, right?

1996-electoral-map.gif

Well, remember for what it is worth that Newt is a "visionary" and a "definer of civilization." He said, so . . . .

did you sleep through '08?

NO, I didn't. In terms of electoral numbers, Dole was crushed a lot harder than McCain was.

The only states Dole took that McCain didn't was Indiana and Colorado. On the other hand, Dole lost Arizona, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennesee, Arkansas, Louisiana, and WV, where McCain still won.

But still, McCain and Dole really did have the same problem. The base didn't realy think they were conservatives, didn't really like them, weren't enthused about them at all.

Romney has exactly the same problem, except that he's got the added factors of his crazy religion that the base hates, and his history of screwing blue collar voters tomake himself richer. Oh, yeah, and those guys were decorated War heroes.

So it's like Mittens is everything that was bad about those guys, nothing that is all that good, and a few extra things thrown in for good measure.

Oh. Yeah. AMPAD.

Just for you.

did you sleep through '08?

NO, I didn't. In terms of electoral numbers, Dole was crushed a lot harder than McCain was.

The only states Dole took that McCain didn't was Indiana and Colorado. On the other hand, Dole lost Arizona, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennesee, Arkansas, Louisiana, and WV, where McCain still won.

But still, McCain and Dole really did have the same problem. The base didn't realy think they were conservatives, didn't really like them, weren't enthused about them at all.

Romney has exactly the same problem, except that he's got the added factors of his crazy religion that the base hates, and his history of screwing blue collar voters tomake himself richer. Oh, yeah, and those guys were decorated War heroes.

So it's like Mittens is everything that was bad about those guys, nothing that is all that good, and a few extra things thrown in for good measure.

Oh. Yeah. AMPAD.

Just for you.

And why do you think newt will win again?

plus gingrich isn't one of those mean old mormons that pulled joey's pigtails.

Well, they did something more serious than that. Essentially, when I was still in mourning for my dead mother, these scumwads stuck a big huge knife in my back. All while maintaining that stupid smile they always have.

Incidently, Mom was from that region of Missouri where they drove the Mormons out. Never understood why she didn't like them, until I encountered some.

But you know what that was 30 years ago. So truly, I could have found some examples of Mormons who were decent human beings.

Sorry. I haven't. In fact, Toro might whine about "confirmation bias", but the fact is, every last one I've ever encountered has had the same sneaky attitudes, the same creepy ass blank looks on their faces.

Of course, Romney could renounce Mormonism tomorrow. But he'd still be a RINO, pandering, flip flopper with unethical business practices and not a clue as to what working folks in this country face today.

Well, they did something more serious than that. Essentially, when I was still in mourning for my dead mother, these scumwads stuck a big huge knife in my back. All while maintaining that stupid smile they always have.

Incidently, Mom was from that region of Missouri where they drove the Mormons out. Never understood why she didn't like them, until I encountered some.

But you know what that was 30 years ago. So truly, I could have found some examples of Mormons who were decent human beings.

Sorry. I haven't. In fact, Toro might whine about "confirmation bias", but the fact is, every last one I've ever encountered has had the same sneaky attitudes, the same creepy ass blank looks on their faces.

Of course, Romney could renounce Mormonism tomorrow. But he'd still be a RINO, pandering, flip flopper with unethical business practices and not a clue as to what working folks in this country face today.

save it for your shrink, joey.

if you don't have one, get one

thanks

I think he'd have a hard road to toe.

But the reasons why I think he'd do better.

1) The base will be enthusiastic.
2) He's already immune to the character assassination the media will hit him with.
3) He can get up on a stage with Obama and really take the fight to him.

Can he win? Probably not. Fact is, we don't turn out incumbants unless their party has already been in charge a long time. the only exception was Jimmy Carter, and frankly, that poor schulb had everything go wrong on him.

thanks

You claimed it was something petty. I pointed out that it is something I consider pretty serious. Frankly, it was about the lowest thing human beings could do. And they called themselves good Christians.

Always wary of anyone who has to TELL you how holy they are. SHOW me how holy you are by doing good things. That impresses me.

I think he'd have a hard road to toe.

But the reasons why I think he'd do better.

1) The base will be enthusiastic.
2) He's already immune to the character assassination the media will hit him with.
3) He can get up on a stage with Obama and really take the fight to him.

Can he win? Probably not. Fact is, we don't turn out incumbants unless their party has already been in charge a long time. the only exception was Jimmy Carter, and frankly, that poor schulb had everything go wrong on him.

The base will be enthusiastic.

The base will never be enthusiastic about a RINO like Newt.

Can he win? Probably not.

I thought you supported newt because he could win. So why are you telling people who support Ron Paul they are throwing their vote away because Paul is unelectable, when you just said you doubt newt will win? Why are you throwing your vote away?

thanks

You claimed it was something petty. I pointed out that it is something I consider pretty serious. Frankly, it was about the lowest thing human beings could do. And they called themselves good Christians.

Always wary of anyone who has to TELL you how holy they are. SHOW me how holy you are by doing good things. That impresses me.

i'm not your shrink, joey

:eusa_shhh:

I thought you supported newt because he could win. So why are you telling people who support Ron Paul they are throwing their vote away because Paul is unelectable, when you just said you doubt newt will win? Why are you throwing your vote away?

I tell people not to vote for Ron Paul because he's crazier than a outhouse rat.

But so are most of his followers.

Like I said, I suspect the re-election of Obama is probably a foregone conclusion. But what I see in Newt is that the grass roots of the GOP are finally starting to make their voices be heard and not just eating whatever crap is served.

I tell people not to vote for Ron Paul because he's crazier than a outhouse rat.

But so are most of his followers.

Like I said, I suspect the re-election of Obama is probably a foregone conclusion. But what I see in Newt is that the grass roots of the GOP are finally starting to make their voices be heard and not just eating whatever crap is served.

I have posted this before but I feel it applies to you Joe

I must ask what is more dangerous the perceived dangers from the world around us or the dangers from within America? I am not naive to think there isn't danger out in the world around us but I am smart enough to realize we need to fix our internal problems before we can defend against those outward dangers. And the NDAA is proof enough we have a problem that's at least in my opinion.

I have posted this before but I feel it applies to you Joe

I must ask what is more dangerous the perceived dangers from the world around us or the dangers from within America? I am not naive to think there isn't danger out in the world around us but I am smart enough to realize we need to fix our internal problems before we can defend against those outward dangers. And the NDAA is proof enough we have a problem that's at least in my opinion.

NO, NDAA is a threat to people who think that black helicopters are flying around their house.

I think we do have big problems, but they aren't the things that Ron Paul is worried about. I find some of the things he says to make sense. He's the only one who doesn't toe the Zionist party line that we have a vital interest in who controls Jerusalem. But mostly, the guy is kind of a crank. But his craziness on abolishing the Federal Reserve is just crazy talk.

Fact is, FDR was able to lock up 110,000 Americans without charge without an NDAA or anything like it. If we are scared enough, we'll go along with anything. I'd be more worried about where the herd is running than whatever the latest cattle prod is.

Forum List

Back