Newt On Fire! Hammers ObamaCare and Media -video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThwVp0cwOMA]Gingrich Supports 'Variation' on Obamacare-Type Health Insurance Mandate - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the issue with Newt.

He's awesome! I love his fire and his passion.. He's the right man for the right time.

Go Newt Go!

I love Newt. I didn't think he was electable, but that might be changing.

He is without a doubt the smartest guy who's interested in being president. I would love to see him debate the Big 0. He could catalogue the disaster that has been the Obama Administration from the pervasive corruption in the various executive agencies to the crony capitalism to the the theft of tax dollars throughout the stimulus wastes and so on.

He refuses to play the game the media wants him to play and, like a chess master playing a chess novice is several moves ahead before the media drones can finish their half baked attack questions.

The media will try to assassinate him and the Republican elite will try to undermine him.

He is this generation's Teddy Roosevelt.

I am looking forward to enjoying the rest of the primary.....assured by Newt that he is not interested in duking it out with his competitors.

The health care issue is a loser for you nutters. The misinformation campaign has not succeeded. People know that we need to have a system that leads to better outcomes for more people. Getting ripped off by insurance companies is not the desired outcome.

Newt is addressing something that is simply true. Everyone enjoys the healthcare system at different levels of access. That is why we don't see people dying in the street. Everyone has access.

Newt is agreeing with a part of what Obama has said, but he is saying it in a way that Obama did not. I know poor people who are looking forward to getting "free" healthcare bemoaning the idea that they cannot afford to pay for it and so should be simply granted it.

They don't realize that they will be forced to pay for it under the Big 0's ideas. While it is a part of the plan, it's not a part that is stated broadly enough for the disinterested to understand.

This is the idea that must be hammered home. This is not a gift. It's an additional tax on those who currently pay nothing.

Newt is addressing something that is simply true. Everyone enjoys the healthcare system at different levels of access. That is why we don't see people dying in the street. Everyone has access.

Newt is agreeing with a part of what Obama has said, but he is saying it in a way that Obama did not. I know poor people who are looking forward to getting "free" healthcare bemoaning the idea that they cannot afford to pay for it and so should be simply granted it.

They don't realize that they will be forced to pay for it under the Big 0's ideas. While it is a part of the plan, it's not a part that is stated broadly enough for the disinterested to understand.

This is the idea that must be hammered home. This is not a gift. It's an additional tax on those who currently pay nothing.

Ok, so Newt is for Obamacare... Run off it. Hammer it into people, at least it's the truth for Newt. I don't agree with you or Newt, actually I find it fucking stupid and unconstitutional.

I am looking forward to enjoying the rest of the primary.....assured by Newt that he is not interested in duking it out with his competitors.

The health care issue is a loser for you nutters. The misinformation campaign has not succeeded. People know that we need to have a system that leads to better outcomes for more people. Getting ripped off by insurance companies is not the desired outcome.

So a mandate to buy insurance from said company's is a desired outcome?? so who really is carting that bucket of misinformation??

I have a feeling we will start seeing Newt slide here soon... You have the Neocons and liberals in the party VS conservatives.

So a mandate to buy insurance from said company's is a desired outcome?? so who really is carting that bucket of misinformation??

You assume too much. I am in favor of eliminating health insurance companies altogether. As are a good portion of the people who poll against the Affordable Health Care Act. The legislation that passed does a few things to strip insurance companies of the power to fuck people over......but doesn't go near where I'd like it to go.

But......what we got is better than what we had. And it is a step toward single payer. That is why liberals don't consider it a deal breaker when it comes to voting for Obama.

Try harder, please.

Newt was for a universal healthcare mandate before he was against it...

However, in a YouTube video flagged by Health Care for America Now, as recently as 2005, well beyond the 1990s, Newt was vociferously championing the mandate - just a few years before Democrats took it up, and in the process reversing pretty much all past support for it among some Republicans.

At a forum in 2005, alongside then-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and former Sen. John Breaux (D-LA), Gingrich explained the tradeoffs that both the right and the left would have to make in health care: For the right, some transfer of wealth is involved in providing health care for the working poor, the disabled, and other groups. And for the left, individuals should still have control over their health care, rather than total government management.

"I mean, I am very opposed to a single-payer system - but I'm actually in favor of a 300 million-payer system. Because one of my conclusions in the last six years, and founding the Center for Health Transformation, and looking at the whole system is, unless you have a hundred percent coverage, you can't have the right preventive care, and you can't have a rational system, because the cost-shifts are so irrational, and create second-order problems."

Newt Sure Loved the Health-Care Mandate in 2005

2034599sw.gif

So your point is that people who are currently free-riding will have to contribute to their own healthcare costs...

and you're stating this is a NEGATIVE aspect of the program?

his knowledge of policy detail is remarkable, which is a big contrast to Romney and Obama who both love vapid, market researched campaign slogans

Newt's the only reason the debates are even worth watching

Forum List

Back