Newt "not rich"

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Newt: "I'm Not Rich" | Mother Jones

Newt doesn't have a vacation home in new Hampshire because he's "not rich".

he has a net worth of at least $6.7 million and that his income was at least $2.6 million in 2010. That's about 65 times the income of the average family of four in the United States.

And yet, he speaks for the rest of us ... Including the working poor whose jobs he wants to take a way and give to kids instead of investing in our country by educating kids.

And, we thought Romney is but a realistic robot.

He still says he's gonna be The Candidate.

He didn't say, Candidate For WHAT though.

he has a net worth of at least $6.7 million and that his income was at least $2.6 million in 2010. That's about 65 times the income of the average family of four in the United States.

And yet, he speaks for the rest of us ... Including the working poor whose jobs he wants to take a way and give to kids instead of investing in our country by educating kids.

After leaving Congress in 1999, The former House speaker started a number of for-profit companies. Between 2001 and 2010, the companies he and his wife owned in full or part had revenues of almost $100 million.

Gingrich’s assets were valued between $7.3 million and $30.7 million in 2010, the majority of which came from a multimillion-dollar “promissory note” from the Gingrich Group, LLC to Gingrich Productions, Inc., entities that are part of Gingrich’s network of nonprofit and for-profit organizations.

What's the Net Worth of the Republican Presidential Candidates? (1 of 8) | bankloansandrates.com

Assets is not total value.

Newt has been a professional politician for over 30 years.
Seems like he is one of those lifer politicians that many say we should vote out?

Don't forget that Mitt is just one of the common folk as well. He's overseeing tearing down that shabby little $12 MILLION DOLLAR shack so he can rebuild a bigger one.

Santorum is also really full of Santorum when he talks about how poor he is. He's done very well as an under-the-table lobbyist.

That's okay except they're such liars.

But, I do have to give them credit for telling the truth about one thing - Everyone of them have said they will protect the 1% even if it means the rest of us are standing on bread lines.

Newt has been a professional politician for over 30 years.
Seems like he is one of those lifer politicians that many say we should vote out?

Actually, they all are.

And they all hate the president a lot more than they love their country.

Remember this when republicans start a "tax the rich" discussion with..."what is rich?"

Answer: To them, nothing

Personally I am surprised that Newt Gingrich doesn't make a lot more money than that--he has written over 25 books--primarily on American history.

Barack Obama is "richer" than Newt Gingrich is. Who would have guessed?

I spent an hour the other evening listening to Newt.

He provided much misinformation and no substantial details about his plans if in fact he has a plan.

A candidate for the treadmill perhaps?

I spent an hour the other evening listening to Newt.

He provided much misinformation and no substantial details about his plans if in fact he has a plan.

A candidate for the treadmill perhaps?

I will disagree on one point you made...good post by the way.

It's not misinformation (i.e. misinformed) if you're Newt Gingrich. If he's providing anything it is disinformation.

Rick Perry and Herman Cain on the other hand are different matters. One is the part-time governor of Texas, has a comparatively limited education, is essentially a dumbass and from the sound of his campaign is working hard to get the description changed to "professional dumbass." Herman Cain was an appointed bureaucrat who became CEO of a pizza chain, never offered much in the way of learned opinion on anything. These two men are quite capable of misinformation

Gingrich is supposedly a historian who made over $1M doing as such, a political insider, and once had some high octane persons working for him in his campaign.

Forum List

Back