Newt Might Have the Nomination Locked by April 4th

Lovely to hear that keeping Romney out of office is so important to you that you will keep Obama in for four more years.

I would rather have four more years of Obama than four years of Romney, no doubt. All Romney is is Obama in conservative drag.

At least Obama isnt that dishonest. Romney is a lying snake oil slaesman.

And there isn't anything else Newt has to offer which would beat what Obama brings to the plate.

Sure there is, a record of governance that helped turn the economy around with Clinton in the 90s.

Romney has economic know-how.

Romney was a corporate raider who would canabalize companies he bought out.

We dont need THAT kind of economic expertise: it would be the end of America as an industrialized nation as Romney and his cronies auctioned off everything not nailed down to the Chinese and anyone else with a buck.

Newt has ???

Some good ideas. Experience in governance. A conservative foundation to his world view while Romney is a closet liberal.

That is more than enough for me.

Because the republican nominee will need a significant number of democratic votes, mostly from '‘Reagan democrats’ and others who voted for Obama in 2008.

All democrats hate Gingrich, even the ‘Reagan democrats.’ Gingrich is too polarizing and divisive.

Obviously, I disagree.

I thinnk the hate for Gingrich is mostly among the Dem leadership and is very shallow among the people on the street.

Gingrich has a message pitched to the ear of working class Reaganites and it would seem to be working. I think it will pull a significant number of Reagan Dems.

But I also disagree that the GOP candidate has to draw the center. All the GOP winners since 1972 have run hard to the conservative populist base and staye dthere and won.

This is because 45% of the elctorate is self-described conservative, and the moderates are about 35% and liberals about 20%. In years the GOP has lost they had about as many conservative turn out as liberals, which means that most conservatives simply stayed home.

For the GOP to win it needs to energize its base and take only a third of the moderates (which really isnt that hard) and they win.

Gingrich run could bring up bad memories for former colleagues - The Washington Post

Yeah, a guy who has been Speaker of the House has pissed some people off.

Are you really surprised?

Looking at the calendar and adding things up, if Gingrich wins Florida which would seem very probable now, he will have momentum to carry most delegates in the South.

By April 3rd when Texas, Wisconsin and Maryland hold winner take all primaries, it seems that Newt will have a substantial lead on Romney and Paul.

I think Texas will go for Newt easily since it is a heavily Reaganite state and Newt polls high among self-described Reaganites, and that is 155 delegates.

Wisconsin I think will go for Newt because of Romneys association with corporate raiding which has a very bad name in Union states.

Maryland has many Newt friends located there and my bet is that Gingrich will win there as well.

That will be 237 delegates in one day and put Gingrich within a couple of hundred delegates of taking the nomination. At that point the opportunists and sycophants will jump on the Gingrich bandwagon and the whole shaboo is over at that point.

I am not saying Gingrich has it for sure, but I would give him a 2:1 likelihood of winning it all right now due to his strength in the South, labor states and Western states as he appeals to the Reagan traditonalists and the Reagan Democrats both.

I feel much better about my countries future now that it seems Romney is less likely to win the nomination.

Lovely to hear that keeping Romney out of office is so important to you that you will keep Obama in for four more years.

I don't see any way that a majority of America will pull the switch for this:

over this:

Pretty sad when the Democrats become the party of Family Values.

And there isn't anything else Newt has to offer which would beat what Obama brings to the plate.

Romney has economic know-how.

Newt has ???

Romney has his fathers coattails.

If my dad was a Republican big-wig, party insider, CEO businessman, former governor, Nixon cabinet Secretary, presidential candidate...I might have the inside track for the Republican nomination, too.

"Let's get George's son elected president"

"Good idea, he'll listen to us."

Last edited:
If Newt does win the GOP will have to abandon many its claims. The party of family values, gone. The party of small government, gone. Party that defends the constitution, gone. But hey, I guess beating Obama is more important than all of that. Republicans are willing to turn their backs on the country and everything they stand for, just to beat Obama.

You could be right about that. However, given the very casual relationship that Newt has with honesty, morality, character, etc...a Gingrich Presidency could hold anything in store. I'm sure it would be a trip back to the Dark Ages.

Like the Party of Clinton and Alinsky have much to go on?

Puhleeeze!

Obviously, I disagree.

I thinnk the hate for Gingrich is mostly among the Dem leadership and is very shallow among the people on the street.

Gingrich has a message pitched to the ear of working class Reaganites and it would seem to be working. I think it will pull a significant number of Reagan Dems.

But I also disagree that the GOP candidate has to draw the center. All the GOP winners since 1972 have run hard to the conservative populist base and staye dthere and won.

This is because 45% of the elctorate is self-described conservative, and the moderates are about 35% and liberals about 20%. In years the GOP has lost they had about as many conservative turn out as liberals, which means that most conservatives simply stayed home.

For the GOP to win it needs to energize its base and take only a third of the moderates (which really isnt that hard) and they win.

Gingrich run could bring up bad memories for former colleagues - The Washington Post

Yeah, a guy who has been Speaker of the House has pissed some people off.

Are you really surprised?

You caught that before my edit.

I think that is the tip of the iceberg. I think that a lot more average ordinary Americans than you can apparently imagine are disgusted by Newt. Republican as well as Democrat.

And it's not all about Newt's moral failings but those are the disgusting slimy icing which could seal the deal for Obama.

I'm going to have to stop thinking about Newt for a bit. I'm getting close to being physically ill over it.

Ok, JoeB and Jim are saying they will vote Obama before Romney.

And why do we care what they think when they cannot even articulate a sensible reason why we should take one who will lose (the Newt) over one who can win ( Bains Biggie)?

Forum List

Back