Newt, meet Gingrich

3DG4life

I'm New.
Mar 23, 2011
The guy who has been raising money off the possibility of running for President for quite awhile now can't quite make up his mind on his stance on the situation in Libya, or anything, really. Let's summarize Newt's changing opinions in just a month. Newt, meet Gingrich:

• February 22: Gingrich blasts Obama for being “quiet” on Libya, says administration “ought to be firmly on the side of the Libyan people in replacing this administration.”

• February 24: Gingrich again attacks Obama for being “strangely quiet” about Libya, claiming that if Obama is more vocal on Libya, its military will bring about regime change on its own.

• March 7: Gingrich criticizes Obama for not using military force in Libya, says that the United States should unilaterally “exercise a no-fly zone this evening.” Gingrich says ground forces are unnecessary.

• March 23: Shortly after Obama exercises a no-fly zone in Libya, Gingrich criticizes the President for doing so. Gingrich says, “I would not have intervened.”

• March 23: On Facebook, Gingrich criticizes Obama for being vocal about his desire to replace Gadhafi on March 3. Says he now supports the no-fly zone because of Obama’s March 3 statement.

• Today: Gingrich supports the use of air power in Libya, “ideally” in conjunction with Arab ground forces

Read more about the ever conflicting and changing opinions of Newt Gingrich:
Election -- Newt's Changing Colors

It's already looking like it's gonna be a fun GOP primary. Can't wait.

:dance:

Last edited:
I'll make up his mind for him...He should vehemently oppose it. It's a Bullshit unjust War. This is a Libyan Civil War. We have no right interfering & bombing. If Newt's smart he'll see the light on this one. If there ever was a 'War for Oil,this Libyan War is it.

I'll make up his mind for him...He should vehemently oppose it. It's a Bullshit unjust War. This is a Libyan Civil War. We have no right interfering & bombing. If Newt's smart he'll see the light on this one. If there ever was a 'War for Oil,this Libyan War is it.

I agree. Just like we had no right going into Iraq. Except this isn't an open ended involment. And we've already turned the lead control of the mission to NATO. We shouldn't have interfered, but at least we didn't put in ground troops. And I don't think we'll be there 9 years from now.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back