Newt in 08

manu1959 said:
gulliani for vp

you will take all the red states again and ny

game set match

Agreed---2 people with great leadership skills and public speaking abilities. Common sense Americans.

I don't think even having Giuliani on the ticket would guarantee NY would go red.

It would be a nice pickup though.

manu1959 said:
gulliani for vp

you will take all the red states again and ny

game set match

I'd like to see Newt as prez. Talk about in your face. The libs would go redeye crazy. But it would really shake out the conservative base and I think he is smart enough to bring on board more of the mods than Hillary. I think Guiliani would work as VP only if war was a hot topic at the time.

ScreamingEagle said:
I'd like to see Newt as prez. Talk about in your face. The libs would go redeye crazy. But it would really shake out the conservative base and I think he is smart enough to bring on board more of the mods than Hillary. I think Guiliani would work as VP only if war was a hot topic at the time.

Guiliani is a bit left leaning to work real well with Newt but he sure could drag in a few votes. Hillarys' past is so full of bones that the ones' that Newt has would pale in comparison.

A Gingrich-Guiliani ticket will happen when hell freezes over. Gingrich has no credibility with the religious right - he's traded in two wives for younger models and slept with an employee while married and then left his wife for her. He's damaged goods, whether or not you think his personal life should matter. Giuliani is a liberal and I doubt if he would accept a VP nod.

If this was the GOP ticket, I guarantee you a far-right splinter candidate would emerge, which would fatally divide the GOP and throw the election in landslide fashion to the Democrats.

acludem

acludem said:
A Gingrich-Guiliani ticket will happen when hell freezes over. Gingrich has no credibility with the religious right - he's traded in two wives for younger models and slept with an employee while married and then left his wife for her. He's damaged goods, whether or not you think his personal life should matter. Giuliani is a liberal and I doubt if he would accept a VP nod.

If this was the GOP ticket, I guarantee you a far-right splinter candidate would emerge, which would fatally divide the GOP and throw the election in landslide fashion to the Democrats.

acludem

bet you a dollar you are wrong

I doubt that Newt could be nominated for president, because despite his faults, the man loves science. He has a sincere interest in this taboo field. The Republican Party (and America in general) is so anti-science and anti-intellectual that when this tidbit comes out, he's sunk. Because he couldn't convincingly play dumb about stuff like global warming, stem cell research and the other vote getters. :whip: :2guns: :arabia:

Nuc said:
I doubt that Newt could be nominated for president, because despite his faults, the man loves science. He has a sincere interest in this taboo field. The Republican Party (and America in general) is so anti-science and anti-intellectual that when this tidbit comes out, he's sunk. Because he couldn't convincingly play dumb about stuff like global warming, stem cell research and the other vote getters. :whip: :2guns: :arabia:

Said far better than I could have said it. :clap:

acludem

Nuc said:

does it matter......we are just going to rig the election again and you all won't be able to catch us...again :laugh:

manu1959 said:
does it matter......we are just going to rig the election again and you all won't be able to catch us...again :laugh:

Absolutely. Resistance is futile. Embrace the loving, merciful theocracy or die like a dog.

Nuc said:

Being elected President has nothing to do with what who you really are and everythig to do with how you sell yourself. Trust me--listen to Newt--he can sell himself. He is extremely intelligent, knows politics inside and out, and is an excellant speaker.

dilloduck said:
Being elected President has nothing to do with what who you really are and everythig to do with how you sell yourself. Trust me--listen to Newt--he can sell himself. He is extremely intelligent, knows politics inside and out, and is an excellant speaker.

Good luck. I still think Americans, and Republicans in particular are more comfortable with someone who is totally befuddled by science. That's not Newt. I guess we'll have to wait a few years to find out.

manu1959 said:

I'm not talking about the election. I'm talking about the nomination. His own party will not accept someone with post-Newtonian views on science.

The idea of a couple of horny multiple divorcees like Giuliani and Gingrich cavorting in the oval office is appealing however.
:beer: :69: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :whip:

Nuc said:
Good luck. I still think Americans, and Republicans in particular are more comfortable with someone who is totally befuddled by science. That's not Newt. I guess we'll have to wait a few years to find out.

How do you maintain such a smug elitism while getting logically beaten at every turn. You maintain your beliefs about everything regardless of all good arguments made to you. You still maintian Rush uses illogical slogans, despite your evident inablity to find one. Your faith is dangerous.

rtwngAvngr said:
How do you maintain such a smug elitism while getting logically beaten at every turn. You maintain your beliefs about everything regardless of all good arguments made to you. You still maintian Rush uses illogical slogans, despite your evident inablity to find one. Your faith is dangerous.

What are you talking about? I know for a fact that Newt is interested in science because he came to the museum I used to volunteer at and we talked about it. At the same time it's obvious that the current resident of the oval office has no clue about science and is probably proud of that. My statement that America wants it is based on the fact that it's a democracy and that's who they elected.

rtwngAvngr said:
Another attempted Rush threadjacking. This makes 3.

Forum List

Back