Newt hammers CNN about acting like a tabloid outlet

Unfortunately, this is the kinda shit the so-called press feasts on.... when you're an (R). (D)? You get questions like "How's your day?" and "Who's your favorite musical act?".

Good for Newt but he'd better get used to it and deal with it effectively. I think in this case he called them on it well.

True. The tough part was that it was the opening salvo. It sort of caught him off guard. It was a cheap shot, the way it was done.

Yeah, but it shouldn't have come unexpected... Hell, he was on the Today Show Thursday morning and Ann Curry kept badgering the hell out of him over it until he basically asked her if she had anything of substance she wanted to cover and she moved on. But, that shit's expected on tabloid TV like The Today Show, The View, etc. You do expect better in a debate.

Agreed. But not from a CNN or MSNBC Debate. There generally is allot of manipulation in the Debates Generally, on all sides.

I just realized this was already posted and I even commented on it in the other thread.

Guess I'm having an old moment.

Please merge this.

True. The tough part was that it was the opening salvo. It sort of caught him off guard. It was a cheap shot, the way it was done.

Yeah, but it shouldn't have come unexpected... Hell, he was on the Today Show Thursday morning and Ann Curry kept badgering the hell out of him over it until he basically asked her if she had anything of substance she wanted to cover and she moved on. But, that shit's expected on tabloid TV like The Today Show, The View, etc. You do expect better in a debate.

Agreed. But not from a CNN or MSNBC Debate. There generally is allot of manipulation in the Debates Generally, on all sides.

True... not sure why they keep accepting these debates from CNN, etc.

Did he get a blowjob while he was speaker of the house? Then lie under oath about it. Then get impeached and disbarred?

If so, he's sure to be a Liberal's hero!

He was the guy to spout off about how we need to return to family values and uphold traditional marriage, wasn't he?

Other than the hypocracy Newt obviously shows in this, I don't just care who he has sex with. I hope he wins the Repubican nod.

He was the guy to spout off about how we need to return to family values and uphold traditional marriage, wasn't he?

Other than the hypocracy Newt obviously shows in this, I don't just care who he has sex with. I hope he wins the Repubican nod.

Hey asswipe- don't believe everything you see on CNN - OK?

Newt said it's bullshit.

Case closed.

Move along asswipe.

Why doesn't Newt just say this - and the Liberals will be satisfied....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSDAXGXGiEw]Bill Clinton: I Did Not, Have, Sexual, Relations, with THAT Woman, Monica Lewinsky - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCc7x4z52o0]John Edwards ABC "NightLine" Interview On Adultery Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4tHLqJtpA&feature=related]John Edwards Originally Denies Fathering a Child with Rielle Hunter - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0z5k0mc5yk]Rep. Anthony Weiner on Twitter Photo Scandal: 'I Was Pranked' - YouTube[/ame]

The best defense is a good offense. Newt did a good job.

IF his infidelities is such a matter of great concern, put them both under oath, cross examine each of them and let them present witnesses. As it stands, Gingrich can give an interview saying that his ex-wife cut the ears off bunnies in the kitchen and no one could challenge that.

I'm still waiting on justice for Mary Jo Kopechne. Democrats have conveniently forgotten about her huh? But ole Gingrich be soo bad. Whatever. Democrats are disingenuous assholes.

Last edited:

Hey asswipe- don't believe everything you see on CNN - OK?

Newt said it's bullshit.

Case closed.

Move along asswipe.

Newt was recorded talking about the family values. He asked his former wife to let him have his affairs. If that's not asking for an open marriage, then your not an asshole. But since you are an asshole, he was. Now FUF.

In Fairness, It's current News, thanks to his Ex. He needs to work through it, not evade it. Life has consequences for us all.

Just because she's currently talking about it - and apparently hasn't shut up about it for the last fifteen years or so - doesn't make it current news.

As for "work through it", how much more "working through" would you like? He admitted to being a bad guy, he admitted to treating her and his first wife badly, he asked for forgiveness from God, and he's allegedly tried to clean up his act. What more is he supposed to do? And what more is any of your business or anyone else's? It's fairly unreasonable to expect him to make an obviously bitter, obsessed shrew of an ex-wife happy about it.

If people want to keep hashing it over like a bunch of soap opera junkies searching for a fix, I don't think that obligates him to continue hashing it over with them.

I'll tell you something else. Marianne Gingrich is actually making Newt look BETTER, not worse. As much as I've been a Gingrich supporter in this election, I never thought well of his as a person in regards to his first two marriages. I simply never considered it relevant to me or to the question of whether or not he could do the job. But yeah, I thought he was a scuzball of a husband.

Now, though, watching this psycho harridan running around, kvetching about, "Poor me, he did me wrong" over a decade after the marriage was over - not just that, but giving TV interviews about it - I'm actually starting to feel a bit sympathetic toward Newt on the subject. Ol' Marianne's starting to make me think he might have had some good and valid reasons to want someone else and want an divorce. If she's this nuts that she's making a career out of being the wronged woman almost fifteen years later, can you imagine what it was like being married to her?

And meanwhile, the guy admitted he was a bad person, he took all the blame on himself ages ago, and in the face of her continued bile and revenge attempts, he refuses to say anything bad about her in return. She's gotta know she's screwing up when she's making Newt look like the class act in regards to their divorce.

Hey, Marianne: the nation is not your group therapy session. If you need to vent your spleen over 12-year-dead marriage, I suggest you do it to a professional who can help you move on with your life.

Last edited:
kbesme.jpg

I am APPALLED you would bring up family values in a Republican debate!

I'm appalled that you assholes think anyone is going to believe YOU give a shit about "family values", or would even know one if it crawled up your pants leg. The day you shitstains start demanding some values from your candidates, MAYBE we'll let you come along and sanctimoniously dictate to us what we're supposed to think of OUR candidates. But probably not, because even if you're not immoral idiots, you'll still be idiots.

Fuck off, hypocrite. You're not anyone people care about impressing.

Forum List

Back