Newt Gingrich: The Only Individual Worthy of the GOP and America

Yeah, it's that baggage that I think would hinder him.

It's a shame really, he has some damn good ideas and he's damn smart.

he should have considered that when he went after Clinton.

too bad.... so sad.

bring him on!

Since Hillary probably doesnt want to talk about interns, it might be a pretty good debate between the two.

In that context, I have no doubt that Hillary would be perfectly willing to talk about interns... she was the wronged party who was willing to hang in there with her first and only spouse....Newt dumped wife number one while she was in the hospital bed with cancer for his slut mistress...and then when he married her, he fucked his intern.

Hillary wins that "debate" hands down.

family values. :lol:

I am serious...Newt Gingrich is my DREAM republican candidate!

In that context, I have no doubt that Hillary would be perfectly willing to talk about interns... she was the wronged party who was willing to hang in there with her first and only spouse....Newt dumped wife number one while she was in the hospital bed with cancer for his slut mistress...and then when he married her, he fucked his intern.

Hillary wins that "debate" hands down.

family values. :lol:

I am serious...Newt Gingrich is my DREAM republican candidate!

Cool--mine too !!

Oh...I love him. Having Newt as the republican nominee is my absolute dream.

Let's make this election all about family values.

Let's make this election all about morality.

let's make this election all about hypocrisy.

PUHLEEESE nominate the intern fucker!

OK... we're good. I agree. In fact, make it about whatever you want. Just as long as Newt is the next President.

then we should BOTH keep our fingers crossed that he raises the $30M!

Me too. That's why I've donated to him.

Thing is mm, he CAN beat hitlery. ANY ONE of the repubs can beat hitlery.

I just love it when the mud starts flying, and if fucking around is all they have on Newt, the libs lose. What about White Water Gate? What about File Gate? What about Firing Gate? What about Vince Foster Gate? Cheeezze... and I haven't even scratched the surface with the clintons. How about the trail of DEAD people? The clinton BODY COUNT. The tons of mud to throw at the clintons is MASSIVE. I can't wait. PLEASE, BRING ON HITLERY!

Me too. That's why I've donated to him.

Thing is mm, he CAN beat hitlery. ANY ONE of the repubs can beat hitlery.

I just love it when the mud starts flying, and if fucking around is all they have on Newt, the libs lose. What about White Water Gate? What about File Gate? What about Firing Gate? What about Vince Foster Gate? Cheeezze... and I haven't even scratched the surface with the clintons. How about the trail of DEAD people? The clinton BODY COUNT. The tons of mud to throw at the clintons is MASSIVE. I can't wait. PLEASE, BRING ON HITLERY!

we will.... and she will, IMHO, mop the floor with the serial adultering, intern fucking hypocrite.

Gingrich Says No to White House Bid

Sep 29 01:21 PM US/Eastern
By LIBBY QUAID
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will not run for president in 2008 after determining he could not legally explore a bid and remain as head of his tax-exempt political organization, a spokesman said Saturday.
"Newt is not running," spokesman Rick Tyler said. "It is legally impermissible for him to continue on as chairman of American Solutions (for Winning the Future) and to explore a campaign for president."

Gingrich decided "to continue on raising the challenges America faces and finding solutions to those challenges" as the group's chairman, Tyler said, "rather than pursuing the presidency."

Over the past few months, Gingrich had stoked speculation he might enter the crowded GOP field. He noted that Republicans, especially conservatives, were unhappy with the candidates already in the race.

Yet he also has spoken positively of all the leading contenders, including former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson and Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Just last week, Gingrich said he had given himself a deadline of Oct. 21 to raise $30 million in pledges for a possible White House bid, acknowledging the task was difficult but not impossible.

He abruptly dropped the idea Saturday, apparently unwilling to give up the chairmanship of American Solutions, the political arm of a Gingrich's lucrative empire as an author, pundit and consultant...

Newt Gingrich: The Only Individual Worthy of the GOP and America

By Will Haun

When I look out at the field of prospective GOP candidates, I’m left somewhat speechless. In terms of sheer personal accomplishment, we Republicans probably have the most distinguished field of candidates than ever before in history. Simply looking at the front runners, we see a military hero who has defined valor and is a long time public servant, a businessman who has proven to be a competent executive with movie-star looks, an actual movie start/former senator, and a charismatic mayor who single-handedly overhauled New York City. Certainly, again looking at accomplishment alone, these guys are head and shoulders above what we put forth in 2000, 1996, and 1988.

The problem for all of them however, is that consultant-approved sound bytes relying on those accomplished backgrounds, million-dollar (or should I say, multi-million dollar) smiles, and giving talking point-style solution’s to America’s most complex issues does not constitute a substantive presidential campaign. Just as ten people, standing all along side each other, getting asked the most
nonsensical questions by self-important media types and offering fundamentally the same answer is not a “debate” so much as it is a free, and completely unimportant campaign ad for the candidates in them.

Looking out towards the 2008 election, its clear that our Party, and the Conservative Movement, are facing perhaps the largest uphill climb in our history. Our Party has done next to nothing as of yet to counter the image of being untrustworthy, and unaccountable towards the average American, and unable to make good on the promises and policies we have proposed. For all of the positive news about Iraq and General Patreus (and make no mistake, it is great news) recently, we cannot forget that the approval rating of both the President and Congress are at embarrassing lows. As responsible stewards of America’s trust we should have the integrity to answer why this is so. Our candidate in 2008 must be prepared to shoulder those concerns, respond to them in a way that’s truly inspiring to our national spirit, and do so through a process of fundamental change to our political dialogue, and our day to day “gotcha” politics. He has to stand out from the typical political dithering, and force those in the presidential political fray to answer the problems we as a party and nation face with a similar passion and substance. The only individual interested, and qualified enough, to make that sort of change is former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich.

While his presidential aspirations are still unclear, if Newt Gingrich runs, his platform will be the most ambitious, comprehensive, and inspiring since Reagan in 1980 and FDR in 1932. The man has spent his post-Speakership years constructing a blueprint for the ideal conservative America we've been struggling to achieve for years. If you read "Winning the Future" you'll find the single most comprehensive platform of a conservative agenda seen since Reagan's 1980 campaign. If you “YouTube” his name and listen to his speeches on limited government, privatization, and national security it becomes blatantly obvious that he is the only contender who can justify his candidacy with an agenda that advances our philosophy further than perhaps anything ever proposed in American history. No single candidate in the race currently is the bastion of ideas Newt Gingrich has become over the past few years. And no other candidate has yet to propose such comprehensive solutions to problems in ways that are not only as workable as his are, but are also so understandable to the average American voter. As others have said, while the current group of GOP candidates are running for president, Newt is running to change the country.

The speeches and articles Newt has produced over the past year demonstrate that he already knows exactly what he’ll do as president. Unlike the other candidates who seem like they just want to assume the office and govern as best they can according to the hand their dealt, Newt’s deep involvement in policymaking over the past few years, along with his vast understanding of those policies, gives every indication he will define what the Federalists called “Energy in the Executive.”

Those who shun away from the idea of a Gingrich candidacy usually state how its “too late” for another candidate to get in the running. Perhaps for lesser known individuals, but for Gingrich, what’s the rush? While other candidates are in a constant state of defending their claims of conservatism, Newt does not have to justify his claim to be the real deal. His reputation as a competent leader who can accomplish large, Conservative-based change needs no introduction. Its also clear that, given the national polls, no single candidate has yet to achieve a plurality of Republican voters. This stands in contrast to the Democratic primary, where the surge to rally around Senator Clinton is already well underway. In our primary, disenchantment still runs rampant at the grassroots, and Newt’s massive appeal towards the Conservative base provides all the opening he would need to be an immediate front runner. My appeal for him, however, is found not just in his ideas, but in what he represents.

In Newt Gingrich lies a real Conservative disenchanted by the fact that for six years of presidential and congressional control, opportunity after opportunity was squandered for the sake of shortsighted politics. Aside from being right on the issues of tax cuts, the War on Terror, and judicial appointments (all issues on which Newt has praised President Bush), the Congress from 2001-2007 roughly departed from the Gingrich era of disciplined, Conservative thought. This is a man with first hand experience in steering a Republican Congress in favor of our most prevalent beliefs, and the vacancy of such principled leadership has inspired his criticism. He's the only Conservative in the field (aside from the punditry) reminding our base of what it means to have a limited and efficient government, a balanced budget, an ownership society, a protected border and a 21st century healthcare market.

Now more than ever we need substantive and candid discussions regarding public policy and Newt is, frankly, the only person doing it without stooping to the indignity of tabloid politics. I admire the work he is doing with his organization "American Solutions," something that, unlike most of the presidential candidates in either party, is actually aimed at making a difference in this country at all levels of government, rather than just be a campaign meant to crusade around for the candidates pet issue or cause.

At the end of the day, a Gingrich candidacy means there is someone in the race who will actually change the dialogue of the debate, and force the candidates to answer questions at his level of intellect and insight. That only benefits our party and gives credibility to our candidates in the end. I think that's something all who want Conservatism and our Party to remain relevant in this century can root for.

http://www.draftnewt.org/2007/09/newt_gingrich_the_only_individ.php
I knew you had a bad opinion of America, ---- but REALLY!

By LIBBY QUAID
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will not run for president in 2008 after determining he could not legally explore a bid and remain as head of his tax-exempt political organization, a spokesman said Saturday.
"Newt is not running," spokesman Rick Tyler said. "It is legally impermissible for him to continue on as chairman of American Solutions (for Winning the Future) and to explore a campaign for president."

Gingrich decided "to continue on raising the challenges America faces and finding solutions to those challenges" as the group's chairman, Tyler said, "rather than pursuing the presidency."

Over the past few months, Gingrich had stoked speculation he might enter the crowded GOP field. He noted that Republicans, especially conservatives, were unhappy with the candidates already in the race.

Yet he also has spoken positively of all the leading contenders, including former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson and Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Just last week, Gingrich said he had given himself a deadline of Oct. 21 to raise $30 million in pledges for a possible White House bid, acknowledging the task was difficult but not impossible.

He abruptly dropped the idea Saturday, apparently unwilling to give up the chairmanship of American Solutions, the political arm of a Gingrich's lucrative empire as an author, pundit and consultant...

Well there we go... I guess that's it. Damn it. :mad:

we will.... and she will, IMHO, mop the floor with the serial adultering, intern fucking hypocrite.

I guess now we'll never know. Of course I'll hold to the notion Newt would of kicked hitlery's wide load ass up and down election town.

By LIBBY QUAID
Associated Press Writer

GOOD, Damned GOOD.There are two positions which disqualiy a person for president.

Being a VEEP which makes him or her a "YES" man or woman. and

Being speaker of the house which makes him or her a dictator.

if Hillary wins, I will move to Canada or England.

She'll be allowing illegals to get whatever they want and throwing legal citizens in jail because they dont like her ideas.

if Hillary wins, I will move to Canada or England.

She'll be allowing illegals to get whatever they want and throwing legal citizens in jail because they dont like her ideas.

Don't do that. We'll need as many good Americans willing to stand here and fight to hold our country together while hitlery and company do their best to throw it away as we can get.

Time to go back to supporting Tancredo.

Don't do that. We'll need as many good Americans willing to stand here and fight to hold our country together while hitlery and company do their best to throw it away as we can get.

Time to go back to supporting Tancredo.

it's kind of funny....do you guys even REALIZE how pathetic and desperate you sound? YOu KNOW that it is going to happen and that there is not a damned thing you can do about it!

it's kind of funny....do you guys even REALIZE how pathetic and desperate you sound? YOu KNOW that it is going to happen and that there is not a damned thing you can do about it!

I wouldn't post anything like that, but I'll bet you didn't in 2000 or 2004. On the other hand, many did and they still haven't left. :rolleyes:

Odds of Dems taking control, I'd put at 85%. Only they can lower that, even a strike against the US won't do it. But I have faith in the Dems, shooting themselves in the foot. ;)

Forum List

Back