Newt Gingrich Takes The Center Seat

Newt has been upsetting me as of late... He seems fake. Taking sides with Cain just to steal away his supporters and so on... Calling himself and Cain "the most bold people on the stage" when all Newt has done is try and make friends so he seems likeable.

I like Newt still, I just hope he has more to offer than making friend only to toss them under the bus them later.

Yeah, I don’t like that Newt feels very fake but he is very close on many issues to Ron Paul... Not all, but many and I like that. Newt is a polar opposite than Cain, it's still very funny that Cain supporters thought Newt ever planned on being Cain's VP... When Cain flops as well all knew he would, who you gonna support? That's right, Newt lol. It was a very simple plan.

wanting to watch the entire segment, I completely forgot my son had Scouts so I only caught about 20 minutes. Oh well.
I was never a Cain supporter nor did I ever think Newt would or could be Cain's VP. The next few weeks will be telling for both candidates.

I hate posting from my phone. Just sayin'.

wanting to watch the entire segment, I completely forgot my son had Scouts so I only caught about 20 minutes. Oh well.
I was never a Cain supporter nor did I ever think Newt would or could be Cain's VP. The next few weeks will be telling for both candidates.

I hate posting from my phone. Just sayin'.

I watched him, and as always, I felt comfortable with him and his answers and his experience. Anyone that wants to know where he stands on anything can go to Newt.org and find out. As of this post, I would like to see him as POTUS and Cain as VP.

Newt's daughter speaks to To Set The Record Straight...

Setting the Record Straight
Jackie Gingrich Cushman

For years, I have thought about trying to correct the untrue accounts of this hospital visit. After all, I was at the hospital with them, and saw and heard what happened. But I have always hesitated, as it was a private family matter and my mother is a very private person. In addition, for the four people involved, it was one of a million interactions and was not considered a defining event by any of us.

My mother and I have both recently run into quite a few people who hold an inaccurate understanding of this hospital visit. Many think my mother is dead..

So, to correct the record, here is what happened: My mother, Jackie Battley Gingrich, is very much alive, and often spends time with my family. I am lucky to have such a "Miracle Mom," as I titled her in a column this week.

As for my parents' divorce, I can remember when they told me.
It was the spring of 1980. I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.

Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.
It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won't repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here's what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.

She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.
The tumor was benign.
Setting the Record Straight - Page 1 - Jackie Gingrich Cushman - Townhall Conservative

Personally, I do think this is their family's business and Newt is not a monster and did nothing that doesn't happen in families all over America.

Take note, the wife wanted the divorce, she did not have cancer but that doesn't mean I don't feel badly for her ordeal.

I think Gingrich would be the best candidate in the Republican race.

Newt's daughter speaks to To Set The Record Straight...

Setting the Record Straight
Jackie Gingrich Cushman

For years, I have thought about trying to correct the untrue accounts of this hospital visit. After all, I was at the hospital with them, and saw and heard what happened. But I have always hesitated, as it was a private family matter and my mother is a very private person. In addition, for the four people involved, it was one of a million interactions and was not considered a defining event by any of us.

My mother and I have both recently run into quite a few people who hold an inaccurate understanding of this hospital visit. Many think my mother is dead..

So, to correct the record, here is what happened: My mother, Jackie Battley Gingrich, is very much alive, and often spends time with my family. I am lucky to have such a "Miracle Mom," as I titled her in a column this week.

As for my parents' divorce, I can remember when they told me.
It was the spring of 1980. I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.

Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.
It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won't repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here's what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.

She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.
The tumor was benign.
Setting the Record Straight - Page 1 - Jackie Gingrich Cushman - Townhall Conservative

Personally, I do think this is their family's business and Newt is not a monster and did nothing that doesn't happen in families all over America.

Take note, the wife wanted the divorce, she did not have cancer but that doesn't mean I don't feel badly for her ordeal.

I think Gingrich would be the best candidate in the Republican race.

:clap2: :clap2: There are always two or more sides to a story....thanks for this post. :)

Newt is the sleeper of this race. I would not at all be surprised if he is the last man standing.

He is doing the same campaign Warren G Harding did. He's letting the front runners bloody each other up. Making friends. etc.

He may not be the first choice among people but he may be a second or third choice, and that may be good enough to get him the nomination.

Newt is the sleeper of this race. I would not at all be surprised if he is the last man standing.

He is doing the same campaign Warren G Harding did. He's letting the front runners bloody each other up. Making friends. etc.

He may not be the first choice among people but he may be a second or third choice, and that may be good enough to get him the nomination.

For awhile there it seemed as if he wasn't even campaigning ... just showing up for the debates. Now it looks like he's back out there in the public eye, gaining more support. He's always been a favorite of mine and I hope he continues to climb in the polls.

Try to contain your enthusiasm.

Plenty of time for enthusiasm next october/november.

I dont need enthusiasm every second of my day. I have other things to worry about in the mean time.

I think that Newt is good with words, and nothing more. The Newt presented today is not the Newt that started this campain. He has been molding himself off different candidates trying to get the rhetoric just right.

In short I think he has good idea's and says nice things, but I dont believe a word of it. I think its a hat he has put on to get elected, and I think once elected he will be another war mongering big government conservatives with alot of problems with peoples individual liberties. I think he will have a problem with funding the people, but no problem funding corporate power.

Ya, corporate lap dog for sure. He choose his wording very well with who to blame for the wall street fiasco, and ofcourse the CEO's of the greedy corporations have no blame. Government has no blame either. The lobbyists have no blame. No, its all the federal reserve who up to 45 days ago Newt never had a problem with.

My prediction if Newt wins is zero change in policy. Everything will stay exactly as it is, and government will sieze more power to ensure it.

I think that Newt is good with words, and nothing more. The Newt presented today is not the Newt that started this campain. He has been molding himself off different candidates trying to get the rhetoric just right.

In short I think he has good idea's and says nice things, but I dont believe a word of it. I think its a hat he has put on to get elected, and I think once elected he will be another war mongering big government conservatives with alot of problems with peoples individual liberties. I think he will have a problem with funding the people, but no problem funding corporate power.

Ya, corporate lap dog for sure. He choose his wording very well with who to blame for the wall street fiasco, and ofcourse the CEO's of the greedy corporations have no blame. Government has no blame either. The lobbyists have no blame. No, its all the federal reserve who up to 45 days ago Newt never had a problem with.

My prediction if Newt wins is zero change in policy. Everything will stay exactly as it is, and government will sieze more power to ensure it.

I think that candidate would be more like Romney, rather than Newt.

I have said it many times, Newt is my next pick after Paul... After that no one else is even worth mention.

I don't know if a Newt/Paul or Paul/Newt ticket would be very strong but at this point I could be happy with it, I do doubt that would be the ticket. If Newt picked anyone else in the line up it would hurt the shit out of him as it would hurt his credibility and that's something he will need... Of course you don't have to pick a VP out of the people that ran for President, but it sure can help.

I have said it many times, Newt is my next pick after Paul... After that no one else is even worth mention.

I don't know if a Newt/Paul or Paul/Newt ticket would be very strong but at this point I could be happy with it, I do doubt that would be the ticket. If Newt picked anyone else in the line up it would hurt the shit out of him as it would hurt his credibility and that's something he will need... Of course you don't have to pick a VP out of the people that ran for President, but it sure can help.

No offense, but I dont think Paul will ever be a VP. He could win the nomination. I dont think its likely but I could see that happening. But anyone who selected him for VP would be suicidal. Too many of his supporters have built this cult of personality around him and want him Pres no matter what.

Besides, i dont see how useful he could be as VP since VP does nothing but vote when the Senate is tied.

Put him in charge of the treasury. Or make him an advisor to shrinking government.

No offense, but I dont think Paul will ever be a VP. He could win the nomination. I dont think its likely but I could see that happening. But anyone who selected him for VP would be suicidal. Too many of his supporters have built this cult of personality around him and want him Pres no matter what.

Besides, i dont see how useful he could be as VP since VP does nothing but vote when the Senate is tied.

Put him in charge of the treasury. Or make him an advisor to shrinking government.

I agree, I was just saying what would work for me out of the people on stage.

I don't know who Paul would look at for a VP to be honest. Garry Johnson could be good, he is younger, well spoken and has a very trusting way about him.

The main issue for me is trust, I trust Paul but Newt seems like he has figured out many of the right things to say to help get support but that he does not believe in what he is saying., Paul could win the nomination, no one is doing well currently and Paul has very strong and steady support, not to mention Cain has a lot of Tea Party/Mitt haters and they will keep shifting away from Mitt as people drop out.

In the end we'll see how it all turns out, Paul has a lot going for him but when I see so many supporting a man with a single policy platform that can’t even get that right, (Cain) there is a sense of feeling like the Republicans are doomed to collapse again after they lose to Obama like they did in 2008.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back