Newt Gingrich rising in poles !!

You cannot separate the two parts of the personality. They come in the same man. I don't like what he did either. He should have been tarred and feather and I don't care to hear of his excuse.

But, I do know his political history and of his intelligence. I've heard him in the debates comparing him to other candidates. I've listened as the other candidates used him as a role model. I've read parts of his Contract with America. The country needs a man like him at a time like this.

It's a shame his wife is a damn fool and he's a clod in personal relationships but we need this man as a leader and that's where he excels.

Before you start heating up the tar and plucking the chickens, let me ask you the same question I asked the girlie: what's your "unimpeachable" source for this story for which you "don't care" to hear any other sides?

I have no source nor the sordid details. It's of no interest to me. What is imporatant to me is this country. And for MY background, I am female., divorced a husband who cheated on me with every woman this side of the Mississippi. That background has nothing to do with my choice of a candidate either.

I didn't ask about your background.

For the record, the most "sordid" detail about Gingrich's first divorce is that so many people want to accept this story as the truth with no evidence, or even any idea where it came from.

Clinton didn't have sex, technically... AND Hilary is quite the fighter. She may have not been as against Bill as the media loved to portray her, either. I could not imagine how difficult it is for men in the white house, especially when their wives are as accomplished and competitive as she was and is still. Comparing the two, Clinton and Gingrich is like comparing apples and oranges.

Clinton technically did have sex. Whitewashing one mans sins in order to attack another mans, is, sophomoric and desperate.

Adding to that, perhaps we should be judging their leaderhip skills instead of bedroom fidelity.

Before you start heating up the tar and plucking the chickens, let me ask you the same question I asked the girlie: what's your "unimpeachable" source for this story for which you "don't care" to hear any other sides?

I have no source nor the sordid details. It's of no interest to me. What is imporatant to me is this country. And for MY background, I am female., divorced a husband who cheated on me with every woman this side of the Mississippi. That background has nothing to do with my choice of a candidate either.

I didn't ask about your background.

For the record, the most "sordid" detail about Gingrich's first divorce is that so many people want to accept this story as the truth with no evidence, or even any idea where it came from.

Thank you.

Let's just set this straight once and for all, so that perhaps we can finally move toward considering things that actually matter in this election, shall we?

1) One does not usually describe someone as "dying of cancer" unless said person did, in fact, die, or currently has cancer with a negative prognosis. Since Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie Battley-Gingrich, happens to be alive and well at this very moment, I'd say that negates any use of the word "dying", except in the sense that all people who are alive are dying.

2) Cancer, by definition, involves a malignant tumor. Mrs. Gingrich had a benign tumor removed, so she can't be said to have even "had cancer", let alone to have been dying of it.

3) Far from being "surprised" by a divorce request from Newt Gingrich, Mrs. Gingrich was actually the one who requested it, and she did so BEFORE she visited the hospital to have her non-cancerous growth removed.

All of this is according to their daughters, who remember clearly being told by their parents that they were divorcing prior to their mother's hospital stay, and who also remember being taken by their father to visit their mother while she was in the hospital.

So are there any other silly personal rumors we need to deal with before we can turn our attention to the actual issues of the election?

Clinton didn't have sex, technically... AND Hilary is quite the fighter. She may have not been as against Bill as the media loved to portray her, either. I could not imagine how difficult it is for men in the white house, especially when their wives are as accomplished and competitive as she was and is still. Comparing the two, Clinton and Gingrich is like comparing apples and oranges.

Clinton technically did have sex. Whitewashing one mans sins in order to attack another mans, is, sophomoric and desperate.

Adding to that, perhaps we should be judging their leaderhip skills instead of bedroom fidelity.

I thought Clinton was white trash for being such a horndog, but I also figured his wife wasn't retarded and knew what was going on, so it was her problem, not mine.

My problem with Clinton's sex scandals were that they involved breaking, or at least radically bending, the law, which I consider to be a very negative reflection on the leadership ability of the man charged with upholding our laws.

Let's just set this straight once and for all, so that perhaps we can finally move toward considering things that actually matter in this election, shall we?

1) One does not usually describe someone as "dying of cancer" unless said person did, in fact, die, or currently has cancer with a negative prognosis. Since Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie Battley-Gingrich, happens to be alive and well at this very moment, I'd say that negates any use of the word "dying", except in the sense that all people who are alive are dying.

2) Cancer, by definition, involves a malignant tumor. Mrs. Gingrich had a benign tumor removed, so she can't be said to have even "had cancer", let alone to have been dying of it.

3) Far from being "surprised" by a divorce request from Newt Gingrich, Mrs. Gingrich was actually the one who requested it, and she did so BEFORE she visited the hospital to have her non-cancerous growth removed.

All of this is according to their daughters, who remember clearly being told by their parents that they were divorcing prior to their mother's hospital stay, and who also remember being taken by their father to visit their mother while she was in the hospital.

So are there any other silly personal rumors we need to deal with before we can turn our attention to the actual issues of the election?

You educated me dear- GREAT POST!

You cannot separate the two parts of the personality. They come in the same man. I don't like what he did either. He should have been tarred and feather and I don't care to hear of his excuse.

But, I do know his political history and of his intelligence. I've heard him in the debates comparing him to other candidates. I've listened as the other candidates used him as a role model. I've read parts of his Contract with America. The country needs a man like him at a time like this.

It's a shame his wife is a damn fool and he's a clod in personal relationships but we need this man as a leader and that's where he excels.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back