Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Runs In 2016, GOP "Incapable Of Competing"

By Jennifer Bendery

WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regularly brushes off the idea of a 2016 presidential bid. But if she were to run, at least one prominent Republican thinks his party would be completely outmatched.

"The Republican party is incapable of competing at that level," Gingrich said during an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"First of all, she's very formidable as a person," he said. "She's a very competent person. She's married to the most popular Democrat in the country; they both think [it] would be good for her to be president. It makes it virtually impossible to stop her for the nomination."

In addition to having Bill Clinton's support, Hillary Clinton would also have the backing of President Barack Obama, who will still be a "relatively popular president," Gingrich added. "Trying to win that will be truly the Super Bowl."

If the GOP has a charimatic(yes personality matters for presidental elections), likeable canidate, who is willing to get his hands dirty we can beat any canidate(including Hillary) they put up. If we nominate another moderate - we will loose no matter what.

Didn't she have the nomination locked up in 2008? Personally, I don't think she's going to run.

I agree. 2008 was her year and she had it sewn up till they all decided to go for the half black dude.

Like you, I doubt she will run in 16.

"her year"

I guess the democratic process didnt agree

Yes it was her year and I was more than surprised to find that the DNC went for a practically unknown half black Senator from Ill when Hil was running and doing a real good job at campaigning. She had loads of support out there.

He got the nom because he was half black and we all know how the Dems love to show how un racist they are. Gotta love that first half black man in the WH. Dem 101

If Barry had been all white then Hill would have gotten the nom. Being the first woman in the WH wasn't half as exciting as having that first half black in the WH.

They just love that "Historic Moment."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back