Newt Gingrich: I crossed the line

[Yeah! Newt's regretful now that the damage has been done. :eusa_whistle: He is toast!

I'm so happy that when I post an impression or opinion relative to a candidate for office, I put in quotes, "as of this post." I am mindful that depending upon how much they talk and how much more I read of them, I could change my mind. Newt's goose is cooked, in my mind now, and I am understanding why my fave intellectual, Charles Krauthammer, and others,have not been behind him. That mean and vindictive temper has not served him well. Unimaginable that he would take it as far as he has. A scary man, not to be trusted when things go awry....

I am not sure that this resonates on the GOP electorate, but in the General, this will be devastating.

The GOP has always been this alliance between teh wealthy and the not wealthy voting against their own economic interests because they care about other issues (Security, Social, Smaller GOvernment, Libertarian).

ROmney is a bluntly "I'm for the rich, screw you peasants" Republicans. I'm not sure why the Establishment is being this naked about it.

All righty. I'm not getting where people are pissed off at Newt for going after Romney's track record when 45% of the advertisements in Iowa were anti Gingrich.

Hello? Someone is now not allowed to fight back against the R establishments pick for President?

Only Romney can be allowed to run negative ads against others with no reprisals?

Go fuck yourself, Newt.

You've always been a left-wing sellout ever since you left Congress.....

Speaking of left wing sellout. Isnt Mitt Romney a left wing sell out??

Although I have been arguing that every Republican candidate has the right to go after Romney on his track record, I am very mindful of one very basic fact.

He was the Governor of a very liberal state. Therefore he had to be the Governor of all the people, not just conservatives or Republicans.

So on many issues as he has become more conservative, some call it flip flopping, I call it evolution of the person. But certainly when he was Governor of Mass. he had to respond to Democrats as well as Republicans.

If there is one major major fault with the Obama administration, they rule as if there was only one segment of the population that counts. Liberals.

Everyone else be damned. And Obama's going to pay for that come November.

Democrats and Republicans sound the same these days because they are.

Either the GOP gets behind conservatism and repents its ways, or its time for conservatives from both sides of the isle to move on. Let the liberals decide if they want to be called democrats or republicans.

The fact that Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian and based in the Confederate South

as opposed to

Democrats who are white black Hispanic gay straight men women rich poor conservative liberal educated uneducated and everyone else makes all the difference in the world.

Do you ever NOT make a complete jackass out of yourself?

All righty. I'm not getting where people are pissed off at Newt for going after Romney's track record when 45% of the advertisements in Iowa were anti Gingrich.

Hello? Someone is now not allowed to fight back against the R establishments pick for President?

Only Romney can be allowed to run negative ads against others with no reprisals?

Newt is using liberal weapons against others. Fight back with conservative principles or just stop pretending to be conservative. Maybe he should switch parties. He sounds just like a typical OWS bum. He is whining. Enough is enough.

Newt is using liberal weapons against others. Fight back with conservative principles or just stop pretending to be conservative. Maybe he should switch parties. He sounds just like a typical OWS bum. He is whining. Enough is enough.

In a report from South Carolina today, Newt made it very clear that he is anti Romney and and that Romney's term with Bain was fair game.

Doesn't make him anti capitalist whatsoever. I don't have a problem with Newt, Perry or Santorum throwing the kitchen sink at Romney.

As I said in another thread, if Romney wins this nomination not one person will be able to say that he got it on a silver platter or that it was a coronation.

He'll have won it fair and square and it will have been a battle that he took on to become the Republican candidate and not a beltway "chosen one".

And amen to that. He will earn a lot of respect from these primaries from hand to hand combat on every issue across the board.

But certainly when he was Governor of Mass. he had to respond to Democrats as well as Republicans..

Not "as well as," try 'instead of.' You may not fully appreciate just how
monolithically democrat MA is.

the not wealthy voting against their own economic interests .

You liberals love to trot out that false claim at every opportunity, but it is and will remain bullshit.

It's not a liberal or conservative thing, it's the truth.

If you are a working class Evangelical - you vote republican because you think Abortion is wrong, Gay marriage is wrong, you want school vouchers, you want prayer in schools, and you don't want your kid being taught sex education or evolution.

But they keep voting Republican, and none of that shit ever changes.

But the wealthy do get their deregulation that causes a disasterious housing crash that takes out all your savings, they do get that free trade treaty with China that lets a big corporation move your job offshore, and they do get that tax cut that is inevitably made up by taxes on the working class somewhere else down the road.

In short, you vote for a set of things you never get, and you end up with a bunch of shit that you really don't want unless you are some kind of complete retard.

(Which, actually, does describe most bible thumpers, come to think of it.)

And now the GOP is totally going to slap them in the face by nominating a Mormon.

Who doesn't even pretend to care about their issues at this point.

Interesting that he actually says something like this now. A little late for that, why would he admit he thinks he was wrong there?
His super pac was all over it, he was all over it, what is he winning with this statement now? I don't get that.

Newt Gingrich: I crossed the line
Newt Gingrich: I crossed the line - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com ^ | 1/11/12 3:13 PM EST | By JONATHAN ALLEN and JAKE SHERMAN |

SPARTANBURG, S.C. — Newt Gingrich signaled Wednesday that he believes his criticism of Mitt Romney’s record at Bain Capital is a mistake — and that he’s created an impression that he was echoing Democratic rhetoric.

Gingrich conceded the problem when pressed by a Rick Santorum supporter at a book-signing here Wednesday.

Read more: Newt Gingrich: I crossed the line - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

He's getting blasted by Republicans for taking this line.

This is a guy who makes his living off government and the Republican Party. If he upsets the people who pay him, he could find himself as a lecturer at a community college this time next year.

He's getting blasted by Republicans for taking this line.

This is a guy who makes his living off government and the Republican Party. If he upsets the people who pay him, he could find himself as a lecturer at a community college this time next year.

Actually, after Romney loses, they will go back to him because he will still provide the same services he provided before.

He should use conservative weapons against conservatives, what's wrong with the buffoon. He should be like Bush and start a whisper campaign claiming Mitten has a few black babies somewhere....or even several black wives!!!

Forum List

Back