Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry fail to get on Virginia ballot

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Talk about stupid and these two want to be President?? I think not, if you can't organize enough to get the required signatures in order to get your name on a state ballot, you certainly don't have the organization to be President of the U.S.:cuckoo:

Gingrich, Perry fail to make Va. ballot - CBS News

(AP) WASHINGTON — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has failed to qualify for Virginia's March 6 Republican primary, a development that complicates his bid to win the GOP presidential nomination.

"After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10K signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary," the Republican Party of Virginia announced early Saturday on its Twitter website.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry also fell short of the 10,000 signatures of registered voters required for a candidate's name to be on the primary ballot, but former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Rep. Ron Paul will be on the ballot.

Last edited:
Yup, the GOP Establishment put in the fix, that's for sure.

That's how much confidence they have in the Weird Mormon Robot. Disqualify as many challengers as they can.

Because they don't trust their own voters...

(Psssst--- other people started threads on this.)

That's how much confidence they have in the Weird Mormon Robot. Disqualify as many challengers as they can.

Oh stop it, had they had the organization they would have gotten the signatures, they didn't, it had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with any conspiracy theory you may have cooked up because of your bigotry and absolute hatred of Mormons.

Oh stop it, had they had the organization they would have gotten the signatures, they didn't, it had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with any conspiracy theory you may have cooked up because of your bigotry and absolute hatred of Mormons.

It appears the only two who made it on the ballot for sure are Ron Paul and Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachman also did not collect the required signatures.:cuckoo:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/second-disqualification-newt-gingrich-fails-to-make-the-va-ballot/

Anyone still think Newt is a genius? :D

People move in and out of Virginia all the time for the nearby gov't jobs. If they didn't get a new drivers license or update their address, well too bad for them.

This is what i.d. verification for voting will do; root out the unqualified or illegal voters.

It appears the only two who made it on the ballot for sure are Ron Paul and Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachman also did not collect the required signatures.:cuckoo:

Second Disqualification: Newt Gingrich Fails to Make the Va. Ballot | TheBlaze.com

Virginia must have a very stringent policy for adding candidates to their primary. Frankly I am surprised with the support that Perry had that his name will not be on the ballot?

Let's be honest, there is not republican that has any business running this country. Obama may be doing a less than steller job, however, I woldnt want one of these other screw-ups calling the shots.

Let's be honest, there is not republican that has any business running this country. Obama may be doing a less than steller job, however, I woldnt want one of these other screw-ups calling the shots.

You just posted a thread on opinions of the GOP candidates--you are an OBAMABOT.

IOW--your opinion on any of the GOP candidates are about as significant as a mosquito on an elephants ass.--:lol:

your comment was more useless than however insignificant my opinion is to you. I'm no bot, just a human being with a brain in my skull. pull your head out of all the republican candidates tight a**es. Let's let a psycho woman married to a tyrant run the country. WAIT NO, how about someone that wants to draw all aspects from religion??!! OHHHHH, or maybe one that can't make up his mind on anything except he wants to say whatever will get him the vote that day. great plan! Jackass.

your comment was more useless than however insignificant my opinion is to you. I'm no bot, just a human being with a brain in my skull. pull your head out of all the republican candidates tight a**es. Let's let a psycho woman married to a tyrant run the country. WAIT NO, how about someone that wants to draw all aspects from religion??!! OHHHHH, or maybe one that can't make up his mind on anything except he wants to say whatever will get him the vote that day. great plan! Jackass.
You claim to have a brain yet you only participate in ad hominem attacks.

Fail.

Gingrich and Perry had enough signatures... the Virginia GOP disallowed them.

This is the kind of dirty trick that doesn't sit well with voters, you know. It's the kind of thing that makes people start third parties...

People move in and out of Virginia all the time for the nearby gov't jobs. If they didn't get a new drivers license or update their address, well too bad for them.

This is what i.d. verification for voting will do; root out the unqualified or illegal voters.

Oh, come on, guy, this is dirty tricks by the GOP establishment. Let's put up Romney and Congressman Crazy T. Batshit... and disqualify everyone else. Yeah. That'll make it look like Romney has a mandate. Unlike everywhere else where he hasn't topped 25%.

What is the reason they were disallowed?

I just checked out the primary results in 2008, Romney had 3.59%, Ron Paul had 4.49% of the vote.
It looks like Virginia wasn't too fond of either of them four years ago. Who the heck are they going to vote for this time without Perry or Gingrich on the ballot?

What is the reason they were disallowed?

I just checked out the primary results in 2008, Romney had 3.59%, Ron Paul had 4.49% of the vote.
It looks like Virginia wasn't too fond of either of them four years ago. Who the heck are they going to vote for this time without Perry or Gingrich on the ballot?

To be absolutely fair to Romney, by the time the VA primary rolled around in 2008, he had already suspended his campaign and endorsed McCain. So by that point, VA was a victory lap.

I think that the VA-GOP thinks they can get away with this shit because they figure most of the also-rans will be eliminated by the time their primary rolls around on March 6. If anyone has lasted that long, they will "relent" and put them on the ballot.

But again, it says a very sad story about the Republican Party at this point-

1) That the establishment is trying very hard to grease the skids for a candidate that the rank and file want no part of.

2) That it willing to cheat to do so.

Again, this is how Third Parties get started.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had totally forgot about Romney endorsing McCain at that point.
Makes sense, I guess camp Romney is loving this!

I suppose what I would like to know is what is the disadvantage of having more candidates on the ballot? How does that hurt Virginia from an objective point of view?

In my opinion, these actions seek to influence the results too much. While it may not technically be unconstitutional, it ought to be because the people should have an equal chance for their voice/representative. Seems like disenfranchisment to me.

I'm not voting for Gingrich or Perry; however, I believe if you haven't dropped out by this point that ALL candidates should be allowed on the ballots in every single state.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had totally forgot about Romney endorsing McCain at that point.
Makes sense, I guess camp Romney is loving this!

I suppose what I would like to know is what is the disadvantage of having more candidates on the ballot? How does that hurt Virginia from an objective point of view?

In my opinion, these actions seek to influence the results too much. While it may not technically be unconstitutional, it ought to be because the people should have an equal chance for their voice/representative. Seems like disenfranchisment to me.

I'm not voting for Gingrich or Perry; however, I believe if you haven't dropped out by this point that ALL candidates should be allowed on the ballots in every single state.

Again, I think the problem is that the GOP got it into their head that a longer season would be better, so they encouraged states to push out their primaries, then they realized a longer season would mean a more uncertain result, which is not what they wanted when they decided for us that Romney was going to be the GOP Candidate and screw you guys who rejected him in 2008.

Oh, come on, guy, this is dirty tricks by the GOP establishment. Let's put up Romney and Congressman Crazy T. Batshit... and disqualify everyone else. Yeah. That'll make it look like Romney has a mandate. Unlike everywhere else where he hasn't topped 25%.
How is verifying voters addresses "dirty tricks"?

same way checking for "hanging chads" was. The interpretation is very subjective.

As noted, it could be over by the end of January, after Florida and Nevada, making the failure to qualify moot.

But for conspiracy theorists it is fun to speculate that this is designed to get Romney ‘nominated’ as quickly as possible to ensure time to get as much of the Party behind him as possible.

same way checking for "hanging chads" was. The interpretation is very subjective.
Oh for gawds sake.

Take some fucking responsibility for once, you damn incompetent conservatives.

This is nobody's fault but Gingrich's.

Eat it, love it, own it.

Forum List

Back