Newt Gingrich: Abolish Liberal, 'Anti-American' Courts

Referencing the Ninth Circuit, Gingrich said that judges who believe the phrase "One nation, under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance violates the separation of church and state are "radically Anti-American" and should not be wearing the robe.

Nonsense.

There are countless reputable, well-respected jurists who agree. That they differ with Gingrich on a given issue is not cause to remove a judge from office, particularly since the judge knows the law, and Gingrich doesn’t.

"Yes, we are frustrated with this…"

Conservatives are frustrated with the rule of law and are clearly opposed to our Constitutional Republic, both of which are designed to guard against the tyranny of the majority.

Gingrich only demonstrates his ignorance of the Anglo-American judicial tradition, where we are subject only to the rule of law, not other men – as the latter are incapable of ruling justly. Gingrich’s statements are concrete evidence of men ruling unjustly.

It wouldn't be in his best interest to say anything negative about anything conservative. You know that.

Most of the candidates are not going to say very much negative about anyone, lest they lose donor$.

There are always a few gutsy candidates...those who might...:D....actually make some positive changes. Notice that they usually don't last very long. :mad:

BTW, the names associated with the above quotes are REVERSED. I noticed that last night.

I'm confused. Trust me. I'm not a Gingrich fan. If he wins the nomination, my odds of voting Republican are zero, when they weren't good to begin with.

Ron Paul was a possibility. (His son Rand, I find absolutely detestable.) He didn't answer one of the big questions "right" though. So he won't be POTUS.

BTW...where did the "room temperature IQ" reference come from? I'm seeing this popping up more and more frequently. Who created this lovely description?

And if you decide that you're going to insult someone else's intelligence with this description, make sure that you know the difference between whether/weather, border/boarder, they're/there, you're/your etc...

In other words..."things most of us learned in grammar school".

Wow.

It looks like Newt hit a button on this one.

I have to say I agree with him, but I think the right has to look at how they have been quick to defend judges who have done the same thing in their favor.

Judges were not to have Will or Force according the Federalist Papers. We've gone downhill a long way from there.

Forum List

Back