Newt Gingrich 2012 Campaign Quote Thread

Why is that relevent to anything?

I'm not marrying the guy, so I don't care.

this is AMERICA.

and there this is important.

watch NEWT burn.

Ooookay, keep telling yourself that...

Man, the Romney Supporters and Liberals (but I repeat myself) are in full fledged panic today. I wonder why.

You're a liberal. Why are you panicking?

Oh wait, you're a Marxist. I forgot.

Sorry.

No decent republican is running this time arround for a reason folks.

They cant win because they caused a huge mess and will have to explain at some point why they supported the creation of such a huge mess under Bush.

They need Obama to win so there is some distance from the crash.

The real problem they have they created themselves, the tea party faction.

They are not very smart and believe lies.

Uhhh, Ron Paul is more than decent...

Newt: “I am not for amnesty for anyone,”

Reality is Newt was the Speaker of the house and didn't enforce the Amnesty that he supported under Reagan, you know the Amnesty he was criticizing not being enforced.

Also Newt clearly gives citizenship and Amnesty for many illegals in his own "policy" on dealing with this issue.

this is AMERICA.

and there this is important.

watch NEWT burn.

Man, the Romney Supporters and Liberals (but I repeat myself) are in full fledged panic today. I wonder why.

you are whistling in the woods, joe.

No, not really.

Here's the thing. The only way the Weird Mormon Robot gets back on track is if Newt self-destructs in the next few weeks. And guess what, Newt's an old hand. He's been doing this most of his adult life. He's good at it.

Fuck, I was considering him dead in May when his staff quit, but here he is today, at the top of the heap, Toro is in an absolute panic. Why? Because he didn't give up.

Tenacity is one trait I admire. Here it's paid off.

you are whistling in the woods, joe.

No, not really.

Here's the thing. The only way the Weird Mormon Robot gets back on track is if Newt self-destructs in the next few weeks. And guess what, Newt's an old hand. He's been doing this most of his adult life. He's good at it.

Fuck, I was considering him dead in May when his staff quit, but here he is today, at the top of the heap, Toro is in an absolute panic. Why? Because he didn't give up.

Tenacity is one trait I admire. Here it's paid off.

Let me explain something to you, of which I assume you will promptly forget or choose to disbelieve because you are a hater and a bigot.

I haven't decided whom I'm going to support. I might support Romney, I might support Newt. I have said on numerous occasions that I admire Newt because he is really intelligent. But Newt says a lot of stupid things. I loathed Romney in 08 because he said anything to get nominated. But he might the best of a bad lot now.

You are a bigot. You are a polite bigot but a bigot nonetheless. I find your bigotry odious. And like anti-Semitic or racist bigots, I defend the objects of attack from odious bigotry. So, to you - an ignorant, hateful and violence-prone bigot - you think my defense of a Mormon means I support him. But I'm not a supporter of Romney.

Now I'm sure you'll find a way to rationalize in your mind why you think this isn't true. But just remember this: I made money shorting real estate and there isn't a damn fucking thing you can do about it bigot, lol!

Let me explain something to you, of which I assume you will promptly forget or choose to disbelieve because you are a hater and a bigot.

I haven't decided whom I'm going to support. I might support Romney, I might support Newt. I have said on numerous occasions that I admire Newt because he is really intelligent. But Newt says a lot of stupid things. I loathed Romney in 08 because he said anything to get nominated. But he might the best of a bad lot now.

You are a bigot. You are a polite bigot but a bigot nonetheless. I find your bigotry odious. And like anti-Semitic or racist bigots, I defend the objects of attack from odious bigotry. So, to you - an ignorant, hateful and violence-prone bigot - you think my defense of a Mormon means I support him. But I'm not a supporter of Romney.

Now I'm sure you'll find a way to rationalize in your mind why you think this isn't true. But just remember this: I made money shorting real estate and there isn't a damn fucking thing you can do about it bigot, lol!

I don't buy that because you've been in the tank for Romney here for months. At least Jake Snarkey is honest about it.

Now, sorry, I don't buy your whine of "bigot", because I think Mormonism is a lie. It is a lie. Unless you really think Joseph Smith was talking to God, you know it's a lie, too.

So why do you support a lie?

I refuse to.

Final Point, yeah, I can't do much about how you people are destroying America with your greed. YOu are like the French Gentry who loved the status quo until the angry mob showed up with a guilotine, and they wondered what they did wrong.

"The well to do children may go to school to learn. The lower class children may go to school to clean toilets."

I don't buy that because you've been in the tank for Romney here for months. At least Jake Snarkey is honest about it.

Now, sorry, I don't buy your whine of "bigot", because I think Mormonism is a lie. It is a lie. Unless you really think Joseph Smith was talking to God, you know it's a lie, too.

So why do you support a lie?

I refuse to.

Final Point, yeah, I can't do much about how you people are destroying America with your greed. YOu are like the French Gentry who loved the status quo until the angry mob showed up with a guilotine, and they wondered what they did wrong.

if your concern is a money manager who isn't an idiot idealogue (a la paul ryan) then one would support romney. it doesn't mean one is "in the bag".

and while you may be perfectly rational on some other issues, you aren't on the issue of mormons. blind hatred of any group of people is irrational... whether its mormons like you or muslims like herman cain or jews like a good number of the people on this board.

bizarre accusations about someone in finance being like marie antoinette when you have no idea how they comport themselves in business is kind of silly.

"The well to do children may go to school to learn. The lower class children may go to school to clean toilets."

So you don't think doing work is a form of learning?

You learn more from your first boss than you ever learn from your teachers.

i suppose that's fine if you want to do menial work all your life. that isn't very aspirational, though.

and it's not that you don't learn anything... it's that there's a time and a place. putting children to work is neither the time nor the place.

there is also a difference between my son, at 14, working as a waiter in his summer camp for an hour or so a day in between activities, and sending him to clean toilets during the school year.

Last edited:
if your concern is a money manager who isn't an idiot idealogue (a la paul ryan) then one would support romney. it doesn't mean one is "in the bag".

and while you may be perfectly rational on some other issues, you aren't on the issue of mormons. blind hatred of any group of people is irrational... whether its mormons like you or muslims like herman cain or jews like a good number of the people on this board.

bizarre accusations about someone in finance being like marie antoinette when you have no idea how they comport themselves in business is kind of silly.

Actually, I think that they are as clueless as Marie. TEA and OWS were just the first bubbles of public anger. The later waves when things don't get better (and I don't think they will no matter who wins next year) are going to be worse.

The point is, I've been watching Toro here for a few months. Anyone who starts to breathe down Romney's neck, he goes after. So I think when he gets on here and tells us he's not a Romney Shill, he's being disingenuous.

And, sorry, my view on Mormons is based on what they believe. They really think Joseph Smith was talking to God and told him to screw 14 year old girls. Sorry, if they think that's what God is about, that's scary to me. I've studied what they believe, and frankly, it scares the hell out of me.

If it's okay to ask Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry if they believe in evolution or not, then it's okay to ask questions if Romney really thinks he's wearing magic underpants.

i suppose that's fine if you want to do menial work all your life. that isn't very aspirational, though.

and it's not that you don't learn anything... it's that there's a time and a place. putting children to work is neither the time nor the place.

there is also a difference between my son, at 14, working as a waiter in his summer camp for an hour or so a day in between activities, and sending him to clean toilets during the school year.

Given the dumb stumps I see coming out of public schools, because their union teachers can't be bothered to teach them to read and such, I really find this protestation by liberals about the 'quality of education' to be laughable.

I think sending them to clean toliets can be instructional. As in, "You'll still be doing this at 30 if you don't pay attention and get good grades!"

Given the dumb stumps I see coming out of public schools, because their union teachers can't be bothered to teach them to read and such, I really find this protestation by liberals about the 'quality of education' to be laughable.

I think sending them to clean toliets can be instructional. As in, "You'll still be doing this at 30 if you don't pay attention and get good grades!"

well, i'd question the level of your knowledge and experience with kids coming out of school. my experience has been very different.

i think having kids clean toilets because the rightwingnuts don't think that adults should be paid for menial labor (so therefore prove they place no value at all on such work) is disgusting.

perhaps you see "dumb stumps" around you because you place no value on education so pretend in your head that's the case. or perhaps you did badly in school or didn't succeed afterward.

personally, i value education...

it's sad that rightwingnuts don't.

You want to talk about delusion? Jake Starkey is more of a Republican than you are by miles. You yet again confirmed this at the end of your post.

So let's review.

- You think that offshoring is treason. You've said it is worse than spies selling nuclear secrets to the Soviets.

- You think investing is parasitic

- You think the 1% is the enemy

- You think society has the right to expropriate property and take all their assets if they don't conform to your morals

- You think selling is a criminal offense

- You think violence is acceptable

- You think multinational corporations legitimize repressive regimes and exploit workers.

- You are a protectionist

- The GSEs aren’t to blame for the mortgage meltdown. Instead, it was the banks who manipulated the system.

- You think greed is destroying America, and you compared Wall Street to the French nobility right before the French Revolution

Tell me again why you're not a whiny liberal?

EDIT - Joe thinks it was OK for Newt to make a global warming video with Nancy Pelosi! So add another.

- You think capitalism is destroying the planet

Last edited:
well, i'd question the level of your knowledge and experience with kids coming out of school. my experience has been very different.

i think having kids clean toilets because the rightwingnuts don't think that adults should be paid for menial labor (so therefore prove they place no value at all on such work) is disgusting.

perhaps you see "dumb stumps" around you because you place no value on education so pretend in your head that's the case. or perhaps you did badly in school or didn't succeed afterward.

personally, i value education...

it's sad that rightwingnuts don't.

Sure we do.

We just don't think keeping incompetent teachers on the job because they belong to a union is a good idea.

I was a sergeant in the Army for a number of years. I got to see these stumps first hand. "Private Snuffy, please write out a statement about how you wrecked the truck". Usually, what I got back was not only unreadable, but not even useful. After a certain point, I just interviewed them, wrote out a statement for them and had them sign.

And things haven't gotten better. Thre was a story that only 11% of High School kids could find Iraq on a map one year into the Iraq war.

But Newt wants them to clean toilets in the school they go to... no doubt denying their older peers one of the few jobs they can get after the public schools get through with them.

You want to talk about delusion? Jake Starkey is more of a Republican than you are by miles. You yet again confirmed this at the end of your post.

So let's review.

Tell me again why you're not a whiny liberal?

Because I live in a different world than you do.

I don't live in a world where we stroke ourselves for manipulating the real estate market.

I live in a world where one of my co-workers, a 60 year old grandmother, is going to let go today because they've "offshored" half the jobs at my plant.

I live in a moral universe where I realize your greed has consequences.

Actually, I think that they are as clueless as Marie. TEA and OWS were just the first bubbles of public anger. The later waves when things don't get better (and I don't think they will no matter who wins next year) are going to be worse.

The point is, I've been watching Toro here for a few months. Anyone who starts to breathe down Romney's neck, he goes after. So I think when he gets on here and tells us he's not a Romney Shill, he's being disingenuous.

And, sorry, my view on Mormons is based on what they believe. They really think Joseph Smith was talking to God and told him to screw 14 year old girls. Sorry, if they think that's what God is about, that's scary to me. I've studied what they believe, and frankly, it scares the hell out of me.

If it's okay to ask Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry if they believe in evolution or not, then it's okay to ask questions if Romney really thinks he's wearing magic underpants.

well, given that i'd never vote for a repub on the federal level until they stop engaging in rightwing social engineering and sucking up to the radical religious right, i'd disagree with toro about voting for romney. but having watched him and others here post for way more than a couple of months, i'll say that it's not that he "breathes down romney's neck", but if you think the people running against romney in the polls are stupid (and they have been) or their policies are bizarre... then you'd point out those flaws.

that's what happens when you run in the big leagues.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back