Newt Gets It Right about 2006 Election

Neither Harris nor Weldon were corrupt. simply repeating it again and against doesnt make it so. Foley wasnt even a candidate. Your bitching and moaning about crap you obviously know nothing about.

Foley was nominated and the GOP big wigs in Congress apparently knew about Foley's emails and they let his name go onto the ballot anyway. So my contention that the GOP nominated child molesters stands.

http://www.thoughtcrimes.org/s9/index.php?/archives/755-Just-another-corrupt-Republican.html

Former senior members of U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris' congressional staff say they initially rejected a defense contractor's $10 million appropriation request last year but reversed course after being instructed by Harris to approve it.

Harris insisted that Mitchell Wade's request for funding be given to a defense appropriations subcommittee, despite the request's being late and difficult to understand, according to two former staff members and Harris' former chief political strategist.

"She said, 'It's important to me, so submit it,' " said an ex-staffer who was involved in the process. "She wanted it in."

Wade is the contractor at the center of a congressional bribery scandal that has landed a California lawmaker in prison.

In the weeks before Harris submitted Wade's appropriations request, Wade spent up to $2,800 entertaining Harris at one of Washington's most expensive restaurants.

There, he and Harris discussed the request and Wade -- whose company had contributed thousands to her 2004 congressional campaign -- offered to have a fundraiser for her 2006 Senate race.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2006/09/report_harris_a.html

Report: Harris and Feeney are corrupt
Two Floridians - U.S. Reps. Katherine Harris and Tom Feeney - were included on a new list of the most corrupt members of Congress.
CREW - Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington - released its second annual report on the most corrupt members of Congress entitled Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch).
Harris was included on the list for her relationship with convicted defense contractor Mitchell Wade and Feeney for possible violations to the House travel and gift rules. Feeney was included for the second year in a row.
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060524/NEWS/605240371/-1/elections02

When a corrupt defense contractor took Katherine Harris to a posh D.C. restaurant last year, it wasn't the first time he wined and dined the Longboat Key Republican.

Mitchell Wade had taken Harris to dinner at the same highend restaurant, Citronelle, the year before, a Harris campaign spokesman said Monday.

And just like the 2005 dinner, Harris has acknowledged not paying for her share of the 2004 meal. Spokesman Chris Ingram said it was an "oversight" and Harris has made a charitable donation in the amount that would have covered her share of the tab.

However, Ingram said he did not know how much the donation was for or which charity got it. Harris made the donation with her personal money and not through the campaign, Ingram said.

Wade, the former CEO of MZM Inc., is at the center of an ongoing national bribery scandal. Wade has already pleaded guilty in federal court to bribing U.S. Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, R-Calif., and to making $32,000 in illegal campaign donations to Harris.

Harris' previous campaign adviser, Ed Rollins, quit her campaign in March, citing the growing controversy with Wade as one of the reasons for his departure.

Harris has been trying to distance herself from the scandal ever since Wade pleaded guilty in February. Harris has repeatedly refused to answer specific questions about her relationship with Wade or Cunningham. In a Sunday television interview on Bay News 9, Harris repeated her standard answer to questions about her relationship with Wade.

"I've done nothing wrong. The Justice Department has not asked me any questions. I simply had the opportunity to have a naval intelligence program in my district," Harris said.

...which points out the fact that all Mormons aren't necessarily so holy ...

...and let's not forget Pelosi...a fake Catholic who supports abortion and gay marriage...

....ah yes, the self-righteous Dems....:halo:

The more time you spend in Washington, the more corrupt you become. Isn't that about what it amounts to? :)

Foley was nominated and the GOP big wigs in Congress apparently knew about Foley's emails and they let his name go onto the ballot anyway. So my contention that the GOP nominated child molesters stands.

Bull. And you know it.

Dont forget Murtha. The Feds got him on tape saying he would be interested in a bribe at a later time.

Did you read John Fund's article in the Wall Street Journal about Murtha? If not, you shouldn't miss it. Well worth the time to read. You'll need a clothes pin for your nose. That the Democrats would send a person like him to Congress, knowing all that there was to know about him, is unbelievable and shameful.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110009248

Did you read John Fund's article in the Wall Street Journal about Murtha? If not, you shouldn't miss it. Well worth the time to read. You'll need a clothes pin for your nose. That the Democrats would send a person like him to Congress, knowing all that there was to know about him, is unbelievable and shameful.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110009248

Yup, pretty sickening how Dems claim the Republicans are so corrupt. Yet Republicans force their members to resign if anything like this is found out about them. But Dems do the exact opposite, they promote these corrupt assholes into the highest positions of power in our nation.

Are you saying that Foley wasn’t nominated by the GOP, or that the GOP big wigs in Congress did not know about his emails before Foley won the GOP primary?

1)Foley wasn't the candidate
2)No one, except the Democrats who held the information back, knew about the IMs until the story was leaked.
3)There has not been any evidence that Foley molested or even had sexual relations with any children.
4)The interns he had inappropriate conversations with were adults.

The whole scandal was about conversations he had. He probably even wont be brought up on charges unless there is some significant information that wasnt revealed yet.

But the whole Foley scandal just goes to show the different between Republican and Democrats in dealing with misconduct. If there is even an appearence of misconduct, the GOP comes down on its members, and rightly so. If there is actual misconduct by the Democrats, then they gather round and vote the guy into higher positions. its rather stark and im surprised you dont see it.

You may be mistakenly thinking I am a liberal. To me adultery is an unpardonable sin. I condemn Gingrich ever bit as much I condemned Clinton or any other man who cheats on this wife.

As for adultery being purely private behavior in a politician: Suppose a politician has a rich wife and would stand to lose a fortune should they divorce. Then suppose this politician commits adultery and someone (say a Chinese spy) finds out about it and decides to blackmail the politician with the threat of telling his wife?

Since when is Gingrich not living in Georgia? Was he not living in Georgia when he divorced his first wife?

For some reason I always identify Newt as the little Dutch guy from Pennsylvania (where he's originally from). He just looks like one, I guess. In any case, he did not break any laws in Georgia either.

I have to agree with you about adultery being a serious wrongdoing and how it could compromise a President. For that reason I would be very happy if the Republican party could come up with better qualified candidates. Hopefully Mitt Romney could fit the bill for '08 in all aspects.

If you're not a liberal, how do you identify yourself?

For some reason I always identify Newt as the little Dutch guy from Pennsylvania (where he's originally from). He just looks like one, I guess. In any case, he did not break any laws in Georgia either.

Now that you say this, Gingrich always made me think of the logo for Dutch Boy paint, but I could never put my finger on exactly who he reminded me of before.

http://www.salon.com/news/1998/08/28news.html

At least on of Gingrich’s affairs happened in 1977 in D.C. Whether or not adultery is illegal under federal law in D.C., I don’t know. And at the time Gingrich must have already been living in Georgia because the woman in the affair was married to a professor at the same Georgia college where Gingrich taught.

Furthermore, as a high school student Gingrich had an affair with his 24-year old geometry teacher at Fort Benning, Georgia. He later married the woman and had 2 children by her. Gingrich was already sleeping around on his wife by the time he was elected to Congress in 1978. It is highly likely that Gingrich was committing adultery in Georgia at this time. If adultery was illegal in Georgia in 1978, chances are Gingrich violated the law.

I have to agree with you about adultery being a serious wrongdoing and how it could compromise a President. For that reason I would be very happy if the Republican party could come up with better qualified candidates. Hopefully Mitt Romney could fit the bill for '08 in all aspects.

Isn’t Romney pro-abortion?

If you're not a liberal, how do you identify yourself?

I am a conservative in the Burkean tradition- meaning I am not in any way shape or form a libertarian.

Forum List

Back