Newt Gets Booed at Huckabee Forum for Criticizing Romney

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Awesome two hour forum tonight hosted by Fox and Mike Huckabee. One candidate at a time on stage and no one allowed to speak negatively about another. Guess Newt forgot the rules...lol.

Perry was THE ONE who excited me the most. Rockstar performance. I also liked Romney's answers. All the questions were from the voters in the audience and all the candidates did a good job answering them. Most of the audience was undecided at the beginning of the debate and at the end, most said they had made up their minds for whom they would be casting a vote on January 21, 2012.

My favorite line of the night went to Rick Perry as he asked the audience, " are you better off today than you were 4 ( FOUR ) TRILLION dollars ago?".... :lmao:

The next debate will be the Wall Street Journal's and on Fox and hosted by the wonderful, Bret Baier. This coming Monday on the 9th.

CHARLESTON, S.C. -- In an event aimed at swaying undecided South Carolina voters, five Republican presidential hopefuls showed up in Charleston to make the case for why they should be the next GOP nominee.

The forum, hosted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee on Fox News, barred the candidates from attacking or even mentioning each other.

Newt Gingrich paid little attention to that rule. When asked to "defend the vilification of companies willing to put capital at risk in order to save failing companies," the former speaker zeroed in on Mitt Romney.

"Governor Romney ran saying he created 100,000 jobs in the private sector. ... I believe it's fair to ask that records be clear."

The hit on Romney backfired. Before Huckabee could finish trying to stop him, the audience drowned out Gingrich with boos.

The rest of the GOP field didn't mention their Republican rivals but were equally peppered with questions from the undecided voters.

For Romney, that meant defending against accusations he's a flip-flopper.

"I think you'll find that I've served as a conservative governor," Romney insisted. "I love this country, and I'm convinced that the principles of conservatism are what will keep America the shining city on a hill."

Rick Santorum, whom a growing chorus of Christian conservatives is now backing as the alternative to Romney, was asked how he could persuade liberal and independent voters should he win the nomination.

"Just go back and look at my record," Santorum said. "I've run five races, four of them I was victorious, all in heavily Democratic areas. I was able to go out and attract folks who didn't necessarily agree with me on [social] issues and frankly some other issues as well."

Jon Huntsman scored points for saying he'd wipe out the Department of Education, but it was Rick Perry who won the most laughs from the crowd.

When asked what kind of vice president he would pick, the Texas governor turned the question on his host.

"Mike, what you got going on next year?"

Read more: Newt Gets Booed at Huckabee Forum for Criticizing Romney - Fox News

Last edited:
GREAT line by Perry. My all time fave was when Rick Lazio was debating Hillary years back durigf the NY Senate race. He called the Clinton White House Motel 1600. Just absolutely broke me up !

GREAT line by Perry. My all time fave was when Rick Lazio was debating Hillary years back durigf the NY Senate race. He called the Clinton White House Motel 1600. Just absolutely broke me up !

:lmao: Did he really??? I wish I could have heard that one..lol

That program is just now starting a repeat, techie....

Four trillion dollars ago? I raise you 10 trillion. Oops, that's what Republicans did.

Republicans cut taxes by trillions through reconciliation. They pass a "drugs for votes" bill costing trillions, again through reconciliation. They start two wars, one strictly for "fun" and "profit".

Now the bills have come due, including paying for health care for tens of thousands of young Americans maimed for life in the Republican "war for fun and profit", they want to blame it all on Obama. They held millions of Americans hostage to extend trillions in tax cuts and called him "weak" for caring about those millions of Americans they don't give a fuck about. Scum. They are scum. And not just any scum. The worst scum. "POND" scum.

Four trillion dollars ago? I raise you 10 trillion. Oops, that's what Republicans did.

Republicans cut taxes by trillions through reconciliation. They pass a "drugs for votes" bill costing trillions, again through reconciliation. They start two wars, one strictly for "fun" and "profit".

Now the bills have come due, including paying for health care for tens of thousands of young Americans maimed for life in the Republican "war for fun and profit", they want to blame it all on Obama. They held millions of Americans hostage to extend trillions in tax cuts and called him "weak" for caring about those millions of Americans they don't give a fuck about. Scum. They are scum. And not just any scum. The worst scum. "POND" scum.

Takes one to know one
imagesCA12UGVA.jpg

Forum List

Back