Newt comments on women in combat

I spent my time in service. I'll grant that if a man had to carry the same ratio of weight-to-muscle mass as women are, many would collapse. Women have a higher fat to lean body mass ratio than men...biological fact. I've seen a 98 lb gal carry 80 lbs 12 miles. That means a 220 lb man would have to pack around 178 lbs the same distance to be equal to that woman. C'mon guys, whose up for that?

I am sure that there are some very athletic women who could have kicked my ass when I was in my prime.

However, even the Army puts different standards on the genders. but the work load remains the same. The full weight of gear- armor, weapons, combat load - is about 45 lbs. Add to that a ruck sack with sleeping gear and rations, we are talking 80 lbs.

I think there is also psychological issues. Men are more inclined to use violence to resolve a problem. In most cases, that's probably not a good thing, but the miltiary is one of the few places where it's an asset.

Newt: Men get Trench Foot. Women get Trench Vaginas.

I spent my time in service. I'll grant that if a man had to carry the same ratio of weight-to-muscle mass as women are, many would collapse. Women have a higher fat to lean body mass ratio than men...biological fact. I've seen a 98 lb gal carry 80 lbs 12 miles. That means a 220 lb man would have to pack around 178 lbs the same distance to be equal to that woman. C'mon guys, whose up for that?

I am sure that there are some very athletic women who could have kicked my ass when I was in my prime.

However, even the Army puts different standards on the genders. but the work load remains the same. The full weight of gear- armor, weapons, combat load - is about 45 lbs. Add to that a ruck sack with sleeping gear and rations, we are talking 80 lbs.

I think there is also psychological issues. Men are more inclined to use violence to resolve a problem. In most cases, that's probably not a good thing, but the miltiary is one of the few places where it's an asset.

You have obviously never been the recipient of the "wrath of a woman scorned"!!

The Soviets used women in combat in The Great Patriotic War.

A battle of national survival.

Well I was a medic in an infantry unit. We had no women in our company. We lived in the city and went without showering for roughly 21 day intervals unless it was with bottle water. Baby wipes were a staple. Those who came before me in the initial entry into Iraq, as far as I know, went nearly 3 months without showering. The reasoning behind this is that women would suffer infection, such as yeast infection because of their anatomy. Yes women are actually different than men believe it or not. They also suffer form wider hips which lead to stress fracture when carrying weight or rucking long distances. Another causality of biology I'm afraid. Enough of this bullshit that women and men are the same. It's just complete bat shit crazy to think that. Women provide so much that men can't provide why do some people think they need to provide the things that they just can't provide as well?

Yeah, and I'll never be able to run a marathon as fast as a Kenyan, but I can probably reach some form of reasonable standard for physical fitness.

As you know, not all men are created equal in the stronger, faster, harder race either.

I am in favor or women being able to serve in combat units if they can meet the same standards as the men (i.e. the same scale).

If they can't, then they shouldn't be in combat roles.

But neither should men.

It's anecdotal how fierce woman are when defending their homes and families. Them mama bear syndrome, if you will. Better to keep the gals at home for that reason. Should an enemy ever encroach on the homeland, they'd get their asses handed to them on a platter by the moms, aunts, sisters, daughters, and wives who were keeping the home fires burning. Just sayin', I'd rather go mano-a-mano with a male than take on a woman, any day!

Well I was a medic in an infantry unit. We had no women in our company. We lived in the city and went without showering for roughly 21 day intervals unless it was with bottle water. Baby wipes were a staple. Those who came before me in the initial entry into Iraq, as far as I know, went nearly 3 months without showering. The reasoning behind this is that women would suffer infection, such as yeast infection because of their anatomy. Yes women are actually different than men believe it or not. They also suffer form wider hips which lead to stress fracture when carrying weight or rucking long distances. Another causality of biology I'm afraid. Enough of this bullshit that women and men are the same. It's just complete bat shit crazy to think that. Women provide so much that men can't provide why do some people think they need to provide the things that they just can't provide as well?

Yeah, and I'll never be able to run a marathon as fast as a Kenyan, but I can probably reach some form of reasonable standard for physical fitness.

As you know, not all men are created equal in the stronger, faster, harder race either.

I am in favor or women being able to serve in combat units if they can meet the same standards as the men (i.e. the same scale).

But neither should men.

Amen, Amen, and most heartily agree!

It's anecdotal how fierce woman are when defending their homes and families. Them mama bear syndrome, if you will. Better to keep the gals at home for that reason. Should an enemy ever encroach on the homeland, they'd get their asses handed to them on a platter by the moms, aunts, sisters, daughters, and wives who were keeping the home fires burning. Just sayin', I'd rather go mano-a-mano with a male than take on a woman, any day!

Jesus Christ dude...

Jesus Christ dude...

Whhhaaattt!!?

But neither should men.

I'll never be able to play in the NFL either but I should be allowed too regardless ... moron

But neither should men.

I'll never be able to play in the NFL either but I should be allowed too regardless ... moron

Not even remotely close to the same thing. There are about 400 soldiers in an Infantry Brigade. I doubt if there are even 1000 players in the NFL.

It's okay. Eventually a woman will be allowed into and complete Ranger School. Then a lot of men are going to feel like the bitch.

And after WWII, they didn't use them at all, despite what Hollywood told you. THe USSR had about 10,000 women in uniform when it fell, most of them in clerical and nursing roles.

Same thing with Israel. They used them in the 1948 war and not again after that.

Forum List

Back