Newsweek's 12 unfunny comics

i tend to like black comics.. chris rock, katt williams....i like radical edgy humor....dice bores me...
as does fucking miller.....

Indeed. I still miss the comedic line of Red Foxx, Richard Pryor and 80s Eddie Murphy, Chris rock and Dave Chapelle.

i tend to like black comics.. chris rock, katt williams....i like radical edgy humor....dice bores me...
as does fucking miller.....

3 best comedians of all time are black!
Richard Pryor
Eddie Murphy - I still wet my pants watching Raw
David Chappelle!

Did you catch Harlem Nights? Talk about a cornucopia of that flavor of comedy.

and, dude.. what is up with you and the exclamation?

dennis miller...should have been included...and i am not be big fan of the colbert report....but miller belongs on it...

eddie izzard kicks ass ....in a china blue dress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai93b6r-zYA]YouTube - Dennis Miller Rooting For President Elect Obama. But Not For "Mindless Magpies" Pelosi/Ried[/ame]

c'mon bones :D

ssilverman.jpg
sarahsilverman-gm_l12.jpg

I'd hit that.

be my guest. I hear she's fucking Matt Damon.

I'm fucking Matt Damon, too.

We can make it a threesome.

1. Larry the Cable Guy -- has been funny. Not always funny, though.
2. Carlos Mencia -- huh?
3. Howie Mandel -- used to be funny.
4. Dane Cook -- Nitwit. Unfunny. Boring.
5. Gallagher -- smashing fruits with mallets is funny once.
6. Andrew Dice Clay -- generally unfunny, but had me in stitches the 1st time I heard his insane cuss-filled rants.
7. Emo Phillips -- crashingly unfunny and boring.
8. Jay Leno -- occasionally funny.
9. Jeff Dunham -- pretty funny routine. I KEEL you!
10. Paulie Shore -- has yet to be funny ever.
11. Carrot Top -- not even remotely amusing.
12. Yakov Smirnoff -- topically funny (small sized) but only when the Soviet Union still existed.

Dennis Miller is funny and smart.

Sarah Silverman made me laugh a couple of times, but is usually just kinda icky (nice enough lookin' body though).

Richard Pryor in his prime was a scream.

George Carlin is still the best there ever was.

He was funny once upon a time.

Then he turned into some asshole nihilistic unfunny old piece of shit.

God rest his soul.

He had one stand up routine a few years back that I was very disappointed with. Seemed a LOT more bitter and assholey than funny. But then a couple years later (right before he died), his act was just as good as ever.

George Carlin is still the best there ever was.

He was funny once upon a time.

Then he turned into some asshole nihilistic unfunny old piece of shit.

God rest his soul.

He had one stand up routine a few years back that I was very disappointed with. Seemed a LOT more bitter and assholey than funny. But then a couple years later (right before he died), his act was just as good as ever.

Maybe. I didn't keep up with him, except occasionally hearing him in his final years on the Imus radio program. The last time I paid any actual attention to him, he was yukking it up about the tendency of matter to move toward disorganization,chaos and death.

I guess entropy humor just never really ticked the old funny bones.

no amount of bullying will make me laugh at dennis miller....course i never got andy kauffman either...

i agree about kaufman. His act would not have worked in a post-90s America. And, he just sucked anyway. the funniest thing he ever did was get bitchslapped by a pro wrestler.

but, Dennis is fucking hilarious. It's just a fact like gravity.

he was pretty good on Taxi....

1. Larry the Cable Guy
2. Carlos Mencia
3. Howie Mandel
4. Dane Cook
5. Gallagher
6. Andrew Dice Clay
7. Emo Phillips
8. Jay Leno
9. Jeff Dunham
10. Paulie Shore
11. Carrot Top
12. Yakov Smirnoff

Pretty good list. I can see why they all made the list, even though I do find a couple of them funny.

12 Comics Who Aren't Funny:photos | Newsweek Entertainment | Newsweek.com

I agree with the majority of that list. Jeff Dunham is funny sometimes but other than that, dead on list. I'm not sure why Dane Cook isn't #1 though.

As for Carlin, best there is, best there was, best there ever will be. Even in the end, his act always had me in stitches.

As for Sarah Silverman, her writing wasn't the best I heard on SNL. (Though if you seen the product that SNL has put out recently, I would say she could probably do better.) Her standup "Jesus is Magic" was pretty funny, but I haven't seen too much else. Though her video with Matt Damon was pretty hilarious too.

Forum List

Back