Newsweek Editor Wins 'Obamagasm' Award: Obama 'Sort of God'

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Obamagasm award..I think we could give this award to a few people here..:lmao:

SNIP:
Monday, May 09, 2011
By Eric Scheiner
(CNSNews.com) - The Media Research Center held it’s 2011 Gala and DisHonors Awards event this past Saturday. The DisHonors awards recognizes and roasts the liberal media’s worst moments, with winners in several different categories and an overall ‘winner’ with a ‘Quote Of the Year’.

In the “Obamagasm Award” category, the winner was Newsweek Editor Evan Thomas who said, “Reagan [at the 1984 D-Day commemoration] was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is, ‘We are above that now. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something.' I mean, in a way, Obama's standing above the country, above — above the world. He's sort of God. He's going to bring all different sides together.”
Thomas made the comments while appearing on a June 5th, 2009 broadcast of MSNBC’s ‘Hardball’ program.

In the “I’m Not A Political Genius, But I Play One On TV Award” category, Actor/Director/Activist Rob Reiner’s comments on a Oct. 22nd, 2010 appearance on the ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’ program took the DisHonor.

“Hitler, by the way, never got more than 33 percent of the vote ever in Germany....He wasn’t a majority guy, but he was charismatic, and they were having bad economic times — just like we are now. People were out of work, they needed jobs, and a guy came along and rallied the troops. My fear is that the Tea Party gets a charismatic leader, because all they’re selling is fear and anger and that’s all Hitler sold: ‘I’m angry and I'm frightened and you should hate that guy over there,” Reiner said during his appearance.

read it all here.
Newsweek Editor Wins 'Obamagasm' Award: Obama 'Sort of God' | CNSnews.com

obama_magazine_covers_2008.jpg

:eusa_hand:

Can't be. We've been told by the liberals here that such comparisons have never ever been made

What creeps me out is how people can say something like this and not get exorcised by other reporters.

It creeps me out the way some of the Obamanation view their Messiah as the actual Messiah.

Seriously, is the admiration by the left any greater than the right has had for their hero's?
I know some folks who thought/think that GWB, Palin, Trump; etc, are god-like. I would say that about any brain-washed ideologue would be that way. All one has to do is read the posts on these boards or go to any favorite right leaning/left leaning media outlet.

Obamagasm award..I think we could give this award to a few people here..:lmao:

In the “Obamagasm Award” category, the winner was Newsweek Editor Evan Thomas who said, “Reagan [at the 1984 D-Day commemoration] was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is, ‘We are above that now. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something.' I mean, in a way, Obama's standing above the country, above — above the world. He's sort of God. He's going to bring all different sides together.”
Thomas made the comments while appearing on a June 5th, 2009 broadcast of MSNBC’s ‘Hardball’ program.

Newsweek Editor Wins 'Obamagasm' Award: Obama 'Sort of God' | CNSnews.com

Yeah that one beats out the "tingle up the leg."

It creeps me out the way some of the Obamanation view their Messiah as the actual Messiah.

Seriously, is the admiration by the left any greater than the right has had for their hero's?
I know some folks who thought/think that GWB, Palin, Trump; etc, are god-like. I would say that about any brain-washed ideologue would be that way. All one has to do is read the posts on these boards or go to any favorite right leaning/left leaning media outlet.

I never heard anyone refer to any conservative as a god, let alone messiah.

I've heard how great they were and couldn't be beat, sure.

Actually, only obama has god like qualities. The Kennedies were royalty, and the clintons were rock stars.

British researchers have done analysis on this kind of topic, comparing Obama's messianic coverage to that of previous Presidents.... the results would not please the liberals. Apparently, they are more prone to hero-worship of Obama than any other President.

*Damn, I really should have done a thread about that at the time.*

Actually, only obama has god like qualities. The Kennedies were royalty, and the clintons were rock stars.

About the only folks I see/hear calling Obama 'the Messiah" are the righties. But I'm sure there are lefties that truly consider Obama "the Messiah".
For the those on the right, I'd say Reagan is their god.

British researchers have done analysis on this kind of topic, comparing Obama's messianic coverage to that of previous Presidents.... the results would not please the liberals. Apparently, they are more prone to hero-worship of Obama than any other President.

*Damn, I really should have done a thread about that at the time.*

The clencher for me was the Cover of Rolling Stone, where they had a halo of golden light coming from his body.

About the only folks I see/hear calling Obama 'the Messiah" are the righties. But I'm sure there are lefties that truly consider Obama "the Messiah".

good grief man, you have the PROOF right in front of you who called the Obama a god, and he sure isn't some RIGHTY.
And you can say anything you like, I don't I think those of the right saw Reagan as THEIR GOD.
jeeeze.

Reagan was GOD!! Ya filthy heathen!! The left loves to compare big 0 to him.

:lol:

Just kidding. Let me know if any conservative pundit ever gave RR divine atributes or confessed to odd things occuring to his body when RR spoke.

Reagan was GOD!! Ya filthy heathen!! The left loves to compare big 0 to him.

:lol:

Just kidding. Let me know if any conservative pundit ever gave RR divine atributes or confessed to odd things occuring to his body when RR spoke.

Actually Obama is the Messiah, that guy creates more messes than all other Presidents combined, excluding GWB!

Forum List

Back