Newsweek and Time Polls

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
A lot of talk is being made about the veracity of these two polls. It has been proved that both polls were conducted in overwhelmingly Republican areas. So the question has to be posed......

Did Newsweek and Time cook the books to make it look like Bush is WAY ahead so that when more accurate polls are taken, it will look like he is LOSING ground on Kerry therefore giving Kerry the momentum he needs.....

Just a thought I heard proffered by Monica Crowley on the radio.....

I did an un-official poll here in springfield,tn. I drove around and counted yards signs[as I was garage/yard sale'ing] I have the count as follows...kerry yard signs=16. prez G.W. yard signs=103. and I thought Tenn was a democrat haven.

jon_forward said:
I did an un-official poll here in springfield,tn. I drove around and counted yards signs[as I was garage/yard sale'ing] I have the count as follows...kerry yard signs=16. prez G.W. yard signs=103. and I thought Tenn was a democrat haven.

Was out riding the bike today (southeast - east central AL). The only kerry sign I saw was being planted by some hayseed who looked like he attended family reunions to get a date. I gave him an enthusiastic thumbs down as I cruised by. I think he flipped me off. Oh well, it probably wouldn't have done any good to get into a lengthy debate with him anyway.

Look at the negatives for Kerry and support for Bush:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/Vote2004/bush_campaign_poll_040909.html

Excerpt:

Advantage Bush
New ABC Poll Shows Bush in Lead

Analysis by Gary Langer

Sept. 9, 2004— The 2004 campaign enters its decisive phase with the advantage to President Bush, who has reasserted his personal and professional credentials, effectively driven up John Kerry's negatives and broken through to a lead in likely voters' preferences.

According to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll, registered voters by a 27-point margin now say Bush has taken a clearer stand than Kerry on the issues, by 27 points call Bush the stronger leader and by 19 points say he would make the country safer. Bush also has a 22-point advantage in trust to handle terrorism, a 16-point lead on Iraq and perhaps a slight edge even on the lukewarm economy.

Sampling, data collection and tabulation for this poll were done by TNS.

These and other ratings have either reversed or eroded Kerry's position. After the Democratic convention Kerry had a six-point lead as more honest; now it's Bush +13. Kerry had a 13-point lead on a "vision for the future"; now it's Bush +9. Kerry had a 14-point lead on understanding people's problems; now they're essentially even (Bush +1).

Moving these underlying views has enabled Bush to break out of the virtual dead heat that's defined the contest: Among likely voters in this ABC News/Washington Post survey, Bush has 52 percent support, Kerry 43 percent, Ralph Nader 2 percent. It's Bush's first lead beyond the margin of sampling error in any ABC/Post poll since Kerry seized his party's nomination in March. The race is 50-44-2 percent among all registered voters.

The contest is far from over: This poll follows Bush's convention, a week in which he held center stage in public attention, and his convention "bounce" — an insignificant +5 points among registered voters — is an anemic one, on par with Kerry's +8 and below the average, +14, in polls since 1968. One difference is that Kerry left his convention in a dead heat among likely voters, while Bush leaves his with a lead.

Forum List

Back