"Newsroom" HBO

You do realize it's a work of fiction, like your posts don't you?

Sure it's fiction but Sorkin is drawing on actual events and his commentary is just as valid as anybody elses.

Commentary and fiction are vastly different things.

I think if you look at movies and television as our way of passing on the lore and the attitudes of the people of our times, something we can look back on as a time capsule containing the feelings of the moment captured forever on the printed page or on film you could make a case for fiction being the very essence of commentary. Just because somebody wrote it as fiction doesn't make it invalid. Ask anybody that ever read Tolstoy or Shakespeare.

PS, fellow Okie here. I went to NW Classen.

Are you accusing me of having an actual life that may or may not preclude my checking in here everyday? Because, okay, you got me. My laptop has gone to that great technological junk yard in the sky and not every place I land has computer access. If I happen to 'stumble in' to a computer at those times my limited (out of courtesy's sake) access is reserved for answering email and checking on investments. Two things that seem far more important to me than rattling on on a message board. You are a side show, NOT the main attraction.:D

No, dopey. I am suggesting that I do; and therefore there was nothing at all dishonest or even less than credible about my noting that I stumbled back on to this thread.

You aren't even a side show.

But you are also not particularly credible or intelligent.[/QUOTE]

How would you recognize either one??

No, dopey. I am suggesting that I do; and therefore there was nothing at all dishonest or even less than credible about my noting that I stumbled back on to this thread.

But you are also not particularly credible or intelligent.

Simple. Unlike you, I even know how to use the quote function. It's really not THAT difficult, you yutz. Ask a child to help you.

Okay, Liability. We get it. You see yourself as some Belushi-frat boy kamikaze cutting edge insult Captain of the message boards. When in reality you are probably the quintessential basement dweller, over-weight pimple farm misfit like so many that have come before you, with one glaring exception. So many before you have done it so much better. You need new material. Some of your stuff was worn out in 2007.:D

Simple. Unlike you, I even know how to use the quote function. It's really not THAT difficult, you yutz. Ask a child to help you.

Okay, Liability. We get it. You see yourself as some Belushi-frat boy kamikaze cutting edge insult Captain of the message boards. When in reality you are probably the quintessential basement dweller, over-weight pimple farm misfit like so many that have come before you, with one glaring exception. So many before you have done it so much better. You need new material. Some of your stuff was worn out in 2007.:D

Wow. The butthurt in you is very strong.

But you are also not particularly credible or intelligent.

I guess it just isn't all that important to me.:D

And paraphrasing Star Wars only relegates you irretrievably to Dwark-dom.:D

Sure it's fiction but Sorkin is drawing on actual events and his commentary is just as valid as anybody elses.

I think if you look at movies and television as our way of passing on the lore and the attitudes of the people of our times, something we can look back on as a time capsule containing the feelings of the moment captured forever on the printed page or on film you could make a case for fiction being the very essence of commentary. Just because somebody wrote it as fiction doesn't make it invalid. Ask anybody that ever read Tolstoy or Shakespeare.

US Grant, class of 75.

US Grant, class of 75.

I've been gone a long time. NWC 67' Where is Grant? I had friends at Putnam City and Marshall even Central on Classen Blvd (but it's something else now, isn't it?) and some friends at Harding. North West girl, what can I say?) But The City was a lot smaller then. I know there has been a lot of build up out NW HIWAY since I left. When I came back in 89 I was amazed at how things had changed. And the Classen Circle was gone. How could they do that?? LOL

And paraphrasing Star Wars only relegates you irretrievably to Dwark-dom.:D

Being butthurt relegates you the land of the laughably pathetic.

The thing I find the most interesting that the less they focus on the show within the show in the episodes, the better the episodes are.

I tried watching the 2nd episode twice and fell asleep both times. It seemed preachy and the dialogue is way too contrived. People simply don't talk like that. The "passionate" argument from the intern who believes that "illegal" is a racist term made me want to gag.

I won't be wasting any more time.

Sorkin dialogue is never like normal language.

Forum List

Back