Newspapers Abandon 2008 Obama Endorsements, Choose Romney...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Well, besides the NY Times anyway.

Republicans are touting a list of newspapers that have switched their endorsements from then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2008 to Gov Mitt Romney in 2012.

Their list is topped by the Des Moines Register, the largest newspaper in swing-state Iowa. But it also includes five Florida papers — Florida Today, the Orlando Sentinel, the Pensacola News Journal, Naples Daily News and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel — plus the Quad City Times, on the border between Iowa and Illinois.

The Des Moines Register is the largest newspaper in Iowa, with a Sunday circulation of 211,880. (RELATED: Romney wins surprise endorsement from Iowa’s Des Moines Register)

The five Florida newspapers have a combined weekly or Sunday circulation of more than 700,000.

A Nevada newspaper, the Reno Gazette-Journal, also flipped, potentially pulling a few move votes towards Romney in that swing state.

Most endorsements are announced on weekends, partly because Sunday editions usually have the largest circulation.

Many newspapers have stuck by Obama, including The New York Times and The Washington Post, which have a combined Sunday circulation of roughly 2.7 million.

The influence of newspaper endorsements is modest, but both candidates seek them as they battle for electoral votes in swing states.

Obama, for example, talked with the publisher and editor of the Des Moines Register for 30 minutes on Oct. 23 in an attempt to win their support in the hard-fought state...

Read more: Newspapers abandon 2008 Obama endorsements, choose Romney | The Daily Caller

I cant wait until Nov 6 . the dems on his board are going to be besides their selves

Yeah, it could get real ugly around here. Wingnuts like Ravi the Raving Lunatic have been predicting a Dear Leader Landslide for months. What are they gonna do when or if Romney wins? It's gonna be very entertaining. Ugly, but entertaining for sure.

:) I'm sooo ready for all of this to be over and for a President-Elect Romney to be sworn in, in the New Year. I'm certain he won't be afraid to place his hand on the Holy bible either.

Forum List

Back