Newspaper delivery should be a kids job - not adults

i think his point is that these aren't adult jobs...or shouldn't be.

you haven't responded to that.

yeeesss....and my point is that it is an option that most people don't think of.
Look...we want to have a society where the cheapest price possible is what everyone wants so they can buy more stuff - this is the outcome - outsourcing anything and everything that can be done cheaper with slave-like wages.
We are were we are not because of evil corporate bastards...but because evil corporate bastards give us what we asked for...cheap prices.
if they did it to just give us cheaper prices, then there would NOT HAVE BEEN a major shift upward on salary incomes for the wealthiest and lower wages for the middle class.

This was done for their own benefit, "their" being the heads and heavy stock holders of a corporation, and the corporations benefit and absolutely not one bit, for the consumer or for the worker.

No one in the corporation thought of shipping manufacturing overseas so that they could cut the consumer a break...they did it ONLY for themselves and the corporation's benefit, not for America's, not for their workers, not for their communities, etc etc etc, but solely to enrich themselves, and as sad as that may sound, it's a fact.

First you will notice I still referred to them as "evil corporate bastards". You will get no argument from me on the inhumanity of corporate culture and the extreme self-serving attitudes of corporate parasites.
However, they could not do what they do without our "permission". And the way we give them permission is how we make consumer choices. As an example - General Electric. This company has outsourced more jobs than anyother company in America. They did business with Iraq WHILE WE WERE AT WAR WITH THEM...to which they first denied, then had to admit it when the evidence proved it. YET - their CEO is one this Presidents chief advisers - and America still laps up their products as ever before. WE ignored their bad behavior - even treasonous behavior - and what did they get for it??? Their CEO was rewarded with one of the highest honors a CEO can get - and we still buy their stuff.
POINT - we are every bit as much at fault as them. As long as we collectively keep right on buying their products - they will continue to have the incentive to enrich themselves off of our backs.

My son used to deliver papers.

Then came regulations and laws regarding child labor.

yeeesss....and my point is that it is an option that most people don't think of.
Look...we want to have a society where the cheapest price possible is what everyone wants so they can buy more stuff - this is the outcome - outsourcing anything and everything that can be done cheaper with slave-like wages.
We are were we are not because of evil corporate bastards...but because evil corporate bastards give us what we asked for...cheap prices.
if they did it to just give us cheaper prices, then there would NOT HAVE BEEN a major shift upward on salary incomes for the wealthiest and lower wages for the middle class.

This was done for their own benefit, "their" being the heads and heavy stock holders of a corporation, and the corporations benefit and absolutely not one bit, for the consumer or for the worker.

No one in the corporation thought of shipping manufacturing overseas so that they could cut the consumer a break...they did it ONLY for themselves and the corporation's benefit, not for America's, not for their workers, not for their communities, etc etc etc, but solely to enrich themselves, and as sad as that may sound, it's a fact.

First you will notice I still referred to them as "evil corporate bastards". You will get no argument from me on the inhumanity of corporate culture and the extreme self-serving attitudes of corporate parasites.
However, they could not do what they do without our "permission". And the way we give them permission is how we make consumer choices. As an example - General Electric. This company has outsourced more jobs than anyother company in America. They did business with Iraq WHILE WE WERE AT WAR WITH THEM...to which they first denied, then had to admit it when the evidence proved it. YET - their CEO is one this Presidents chief advisers - and America still laps up their products as ever before. WE ignored their bad behavior - even treasonous behavior - and what did they get for it??? Their CEO was rewarded with one of the highest honors a CEO can get - and we still buy their stuff.
POINT - we are every bit as much at fault as them. As long as we collectively keep right on buying their products - they will continue to have the incentive to enrich themselves off of our backs.
Most of this is because we have allowed corporations to become "too big to fail"....which allows LESS COMPETITION, and less choices for us peons to choose from...I don't think the problem starts at the bottom with us...I think the real problem starts at the top and undue influence on congress to manipulate laws that benefit the corporations with less competition and overseas exportation favoritism of jobs.

I delivered the newspaper on the firstmoon landing when I was 15.

Turned out - evefry moon landwas on Nixons watch .

Forum List

Back