Newsom Says "Screw The Law!"

The point is, this Mayor is telling the Federal government and the law to fuck off.

Illegals are costing the taxpayers of CA billions and the number is growing.

He did the same thing when the voters in CA, voted to state the the CA Constitution marriage is between a man and a women

It was a disaster for him and the Dem party. This time is is hurting everyone

When it comes to illegals I usually won't comment. That's because for me to pronounce upon a purely domestic policy in the US (as opposed to foreign policy which affects me, or on theoretical or philosophical issues which I feel free to let rip on) I think it's none of my business. But before you hammer with my own Louisville Slugger let me say that's my decision, I don't feel as if I can't, I feel as if I shouldn't).

But breaking my own rule for once - I can understand people getting pissy about illegals, it plays merry hell with the labour market, forces down the cost of labour and therefore people's wages.

No more comment from me about illegals specifically.

When it comes to illegals I usually won't comment. That's because for me to pronounce upon a purely domestic policy in the US (as opposed to foreign policy which affects me, or on theoretical or philosophical issues which I feel free to let rip on) I think it's none of my business. But before you hammer with my own Louisville Slugger let me say that's my decision, I don't feel as if I can't, I feel as if I shouldn't).

But breaking my own rule for once - I can understand people getting pissy about illegals, it plays merry hell with the labour market, forces down the cost of labour and therefore people's wages.

No more comment from me about illegals specifically.

In 2004, a report stated the cost to taxpayers in CA was $9 billion per year

Then their were only 3 million illegals in the state

I hate to think what the cost in now

Not to mention the increasing crimes they commit not only in CA, but in all 50 states

So it should be your business

So if a constituency of a Mayor said they did not to obey the Federal speed limt law - what would happen?

Irrelevant, speculative fishing expedition. You cannot factually answer your own question any more than I can.

For starters, they city would lose all Federal funding - which should happen in this instance

Incorrect. States used to lose federal highway dollars for not enforcing the federally-mandated 55 mph speed limit. This authority has since been returned to the states.

The city receives federal funds via the state. The state would not lose federal funding because a certain group stated they opposed and/or did not intend to enforce a specific law.

If any politican does not agree with a law, change it through the legislative process

So, if a federal ban on ALL hanguns is signed into law tomorrow, you are going to voluntarily turn in your handguns and await the outcome of the legislative process?

Sure he has a right to speak out. But one must be willing to accept the consequences

The legal consequence for this Mayor speaking out is ....what exactly?

In 2004, a report stated the cost to taxpayers in CA was $9 billion per year

Then their were only 3 million illegals in the state

I hate to think what the cost in now

Not to mention the increasing crimes they commit not only in CA, but in all 50 states

So it should be your business

Not my business, I'm not an American.

The point is, this Mayor is telling the Federal government and the law to fuck off.

Illegals are costing the taxpayers of CA billions and the number is growing.

He did the same thing when the voters in CA, voted to state the the CA Constitution marriage is between a man and a women

It was a disaster for him and the Dem party. This time is is hurting everyone

Is he? The Mayor of a city usually is the de facto head of that city's police force.

The Mayor of a city is neither tasked with nor responsible for the enforcement if US immigration laws. The Federal government is. If his city's police force doen't have a cooperative, working relationship with a federal agency, he's just one on a long list.

He's grandstanding, and people like you are "smart" enough to buy it.

Now, I challenged you to a debate. You directed me to this thread. There is no debate here. For one thing, it's hard to tell what you're debating. You're all over the place.

Sure you don't want to try again?

The legal consequence for this Mayor speaking out is ....what exactly?

Speaking out none. His willful inaction to enforcing the law - - perhaps aiding and abetting the illegals, and willfully violating a Federal law comes to mind

Is he? The Mayor of a city usually is the de facto head of that city's police force.

The Mayor of a city is neither tasked with nor responsible for the enforcement if US immigration laws. The Federal government is. If his city's police force doen't have a cooperative, working relationship with a federal agency, he's just one on a long list.

He's grandstanding, and people like you are "smart" enough to buy it.

Now, I challenged you to a debate. You directed me to this thread. There is no debate here. For one thing, it's hard to tell what you're debating. You're all over the place.

Sure you don't want to try again?

No Mayor cannot make law from his office

Elected officials take an oath to enforce the law

He is not grandstanding when he fails to enforce the laws on the books

As I posted eariler, illegals are hurting the citizens of the city and the state

No Mayor cannot make law from his office

Elected officials take an oath to enforce the law

He is not grandstanding when he fails to enforce the laws on the books

As I posted eariler, illegals are hurting the citizens of the city and the state

You are incorrect, and rather ignorant to law enforcement. It is not his job to enforce immigration laws. You can't charge him with jack shit for not enforcing laws he is not responsible for enforcing.

So yeah, he's grandstanding. He made a belligerent statement as if he was going to defy the Federal government when in actuality the basis of his threat is bogus. He never was tasked with enforcing federal immigration laws.

Since when can elected officials pick and choose what laws they enforce?

You can't possibly be THIS dense. Do you understand the concept of the difference between the feds, the state, and local law enforcement? How about jurisdiction?

The mayor is a city official. He doesn't have to enforce any law that is not on the books for his city. That's what he is elected to do.

The federal government took immigration away from the individual states. It isn't his responsibility.

You are incorrect, and rather ignorant to law enforcement. It is not his job to enforce immigration laws. You can't charge him with jack shit for not enforcing laws he is not responsible for enforcing.

So yeah, he's grandstanding. He made a belligerent statement as if he was going to defy the Federal government when in actuality the basis of his threat is bogus. He never was tasked with enforcing federal immigration laws.

When illegas are picked up by Police, the Police are not allowed to call INS and report them - that is aiding and abetting

Some states have now passed laws where the Police are required to at least make the phone call

When illegas are picked up by Police, the Police are not allowed to call INS and report them - that is aiding and abetting

Some states have now passed laws where the Police are required to at least make the phone call

It is not aiding and abetting if the police are not required to by policy, and if the city has not included it in its laws, and the state has not included it in state laws local police are required to enforce.

Local police are NOT INS agents. What part of that is confusing you?

It is not aiding and abetting if the police are not required to by policy, and if the city has not included it in its laws, and the state has not included it in state laws local police are required to enforce.

Local police are NOT INS agents. What part of that is confusing you?

Yes Police are not INS agents - but they can enforce existing laws and notify INS - which would make their jobs easier

In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens - this was in 2004

The numbers are much bigger by now

Yes Police are not INS agents -

Thank you for conceding. Everything after the bolded protion is an op-ed by you, irrelevant to the topic at hand.

but they can enforce existing laws and notify INS - which would make their jobs easier

In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens - this was in 2004

The numbers are much bigger by now

/

His reply would be in that pukey green text amidst your jump of shit in quotes. :)

(Just trying to help)

Forum List

Back