Newsom Says "Screw The Law!"

ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT - Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact; one who knowing a felony to have been committed by another, receives, relieves, comforts, or assists the felon in order to hinder the felon's apprehension, trial, or punishment. U.S.C. 18

Ah...you are, of course, wrong....you said:

"If you know someone stole a car, or has drugs in his home - and do nothing, you have committed a crime"

being an accesory after the fact requires that, not only do you KNOW that someone has committed a crime, but you receive, relieve comfort or assist them. So clearly.... merely knowing someome committed a crime and doing NOTHING, as you originally stated, is NOT a crime. so....you were wrong...and do not have the grace to admit it. why am I not surprised?

Ah...you are, of course, wrong....you said:

"If you know someone stole a car, or has drugs in his home - and do nothing, you have committed a crime"

being an accesory after the fact requires that, not only do you KNOW that someone has committed a crime, but you receive, relieve comfort or assist them. So clearly.... merely knowing someome committed a crime and doing NOTHING, as you originally stated, is NOT a crime. so....you were wrong...and do not have the grace to admit it. why am I not surprised?

If you SEE them steal the car, and you KNOW they have drugs in their house - you KNOW they someone has committed a crime

newsome is guilty of not doing anything to enforce a Federal law

Being a fellow lib - you give him a pass

Try explaining to the Police of Feds why you do not report a crime you knew about and see how understanding they wil be

Trust me, you'll never know how funny that statement is :D

At common law it was an offence to commit "misprision of a felony", in many common law jurisdictions that common law offence has been repealed and sometimes replaced by specific legislation. At common law a misdeameanour (ie an offence not amounting to felony) had no equivalent of misprision.

Newsome is not doing his job, and breaking the law at the same time

Libs seem happy to give him a pass over it

ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT - Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact; one who knowing a felony to have been committed by another, receives, relieves, comforts, or assists the felon in order to hinder the felon's apprehension, trial, or punishment. U.S.C. 18

Yep, standard wording.

Now if you agree that any criminal offence (following the great Blackstone's dictum) requires an act (actus reus) and an intention (mens rea) or there is no crime, you need to explain how the elements of this offence can become facts in issue when someone merely observes a crime being committed and doesn't report it.

Yep, standard wording.

Now if you agree that any criminal offence (following the great Blackstone's dictum) requires an act (actus reus) and an intention (mens rea) or there is no crime, you need to explain how the elements of this offence can become facts in issue when someone merely observes a crime being committed and doesn't report it.

So standard wording it posting the law?

If you SEE them steal the car, and you KNOW they have drugs in their house - you KNOW they someone has committed a crime

newsome is guilty of not doing anything to enforce a Federal law

Being a fellow lib - you give him a pass

if you know someone has committed a crime and do nothing, again, what crime are you guilty of for doing nothing.

simple question.

if you know someone has committed a crime and do nothing, again, what crime are you guilty of for doing nothing.

simple question.

I don't know - accessory after the fact? Obstruction of justice? Nothing?

Depends. Newsom's first inclination will always be to do nothing. The term "sanctuary city" is meaningless, the Mayor has said he won't prevent the immigration laws from being enfoced, no nada to obstruction here.

I DO have a vested interest in San Francisco, I call it "son". So, I try to keep tabs on the moonbat citadel, it's even zanier now than back in the day Willie roamed the streets in Castro district.

Ground zero for "gay Mass":

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...adcast gay mass from San Francisco/article.do

Coincidence? I think not. Today is a red-letter day in San Francisco, today's "Critical Mass":

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom has a lot riding on the next Critical Mass bike free-for-all, with the basic question being whether he can control the city's streets come Friday night.

Newsom has ruled out any attempt to stop the rush-hour ride, contain its route or keep cyclists from their mass running of red lights.

Instead, police will beef up the number of cops monitoring the monthly ride to 40 officers on bicycles, Hondas and Harleys. That's about twice as many as rode along with last month's ride.

Cmdr. Stephen Tacchini, who will be in charge of the police force Friday night, said there will be no change in the department's hands-off policy when it comes to trying to control the ride

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/25/BAG4QPEU3G1.DTL

There again, Randy devolves in his tendency to anarchy, even Brown acted on this. It's always something with Newsom - the "gay" marriages that were invalidated, the gun laws by proposition, the legalization of marijuana, the plastic grocery bags. Then there's the personal life, the ex-girlfriend scandal, the admitted "drinking problem", the homosexual stalker - now THEN Newsom acted by gettting a restraining order from that psycho. I don't think the "sanctuary city" tangent is something to worry about, few illegal immigrants can afford to live in San Francisco.

If you don't have a fucking clue, and know less about the law then you do about how to balance your checkbook, why, pray tell, would you "weigh in" on that subject and display your ignorance for all the board to see?

If you don't have a fucking clue, and know less about the law then you do about how to balance your checkbook, why, pray tell, would you "weigh in" on that subject and display your ignorance for all the board to see?

I don't know...to annoy a troll?

Depends. Newsom's first inclination will always be to do nothing. The term "sanctuary city" is meaningless, the Mayor has said he won't prevent the immigration laws from being enfoced, no nada to obstruction here.

I DO have a vested interest in San Francisco, I call it "son". So, I try to keep tabs on the moonbat citadel, it's even zanier now than back in the day Willie roamed the streets in Castro district.

Ground zero for "gay Mass":

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...sco/article.do

Coincidence? I think not. Today is a red-letter day in San Francisco, today's "Critical Mass":

Quote:
San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom has a lot riding on the next Critical Mass bike free-for-all, with the basic question being whether he can control the city's streets come Friday night.

Newsom has ruled out any attempt to stop the rush-hour ride, contain its route or keep cyclists from their mass running of red lights.

Instead, police will beef up the number of cops monitoring the monthly ride to 40 officers on bicycles, Hondas and Harleys. That's about twice as many as rode along with last month's ride.

Cmdr. Stephen Tacchini, who will be in charge of the police force Friday night, said there will be no change in the department's hands-off policy when it comes to trying to control the ride

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AG4QPEU3G1.DTL

There again, Randy devolves in his tendency to anarchy, even Brown acted on this. It's always something with Newsom - the "gay" marriages that were invalidated, the gun laws by proposition, the legalization of marijuana, the plastic grocery bags. Then there's the personal life, the ex-girlfriend scandal, the admitted "drinking problem", the homosexual stalker - now THEN Newsom acted by gettting a restraining order from that psycho. I don't think the "sanctuary city" tangent is something to worry about, few illegal immigrants can afford to live in San Francisco.

Now, we can't really write other people's posts, now can we?

I see MM is in his usual jolly mood tonight

Forum List

Back