NewsMax: Military Coup "to resolve the Obama problem"

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Republicans tried it with FDR.
>
Newsmax columnist: Military coup "to resolve the 'Obama problem' " is not "unrealistic" | Media Matters for America

From John L. Perry's September 29 Newsmax column:

There is a remote, although gaining, possibility America's military will intervene as a last resort to resolve the "Obama problem." Don't dismiss it as unrealistic.

America isn't the Third World. If a military coup does occur here it will be civilized. That it has never happened doesn't mean it wont. Describing what may be afoot is not to advocate it.

[...]

Will the day come when patriotic general and flag officers sit down with the president, or with those who control him, and work out the national equivalent of a "family intervention," with some form of limited, shared responsibility?

Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation. Skilled, military-trained, nation-builders would replace accountability-challenged, radical-left commissars. Having bonded with his twin teleprompters, the president would be detailed for ceremonial speech-making.

Military intervention is what Obama's exponentially accelerating agenda for "fundamental change" toward a Marxist state is inviting upon America. A coup is not an ideal option, but Obama's radical ideal is not acceptable or reversible.

Unthinkable? Then think up an alternative, non-violent solution to the Obama problem. Just don't shrug and say, "We can always worry about that later."

In the 2008 election, that was the wistful, self-indulgent, indifferent reliance on abnegation of personal responsibility that has sunk the nation into this morass.

>
Newsmax columnist: Military coup "to resolve the 'Obama problem' " is not "unrealistic" | Media Matters for America

There is a remote, although gaining, possibility America's military will intervene as a last resort to resolve the "Obama problem." Don't dismiss it as unrealistic.

America isn't the Third World. If a military coup does occur here it will be civilized. That it has never happened doesn't mean it wont. Describing what may be afoot is not to advocate it.

[...]

Will the day come when patriotic general and flag officers sit down with the president, or with those who control him, and work out the national equivalent of a "family intervention," with some form of limited, shared responsibility?

Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation. Skilled, military-trained, nation-builders would replace accountability-challenged, radical-left commissars. Having bonded with his twin teleprompters, the president would be detailed for ceremonial speech-making.

Military intervention is what Obama's exponentially accelerating agenda for "fundamental change" toward a Marxist state is inviting upon America. A coup is not an ideal option, but Obama's radical ideal is not acceptable or reversible.

Unthinkable? Then think up an alternative, non-violent solution to the Obama problem. Just don't shrug and say, "We can always worry about that later."

In the 2008 election, that was the wistful, self-indulgent, indifferent reliance on abnegation of personal responsibility that has sunk the nation into this morass.

This belongs in conspiracy zone, are we there yet?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When are you guys just going to accept the fact that you got your ass kicked in the last election and don't get to call the shots anymore?

"We the people" have spoken and we no longer want people like you involved in our government

>

[...]

Sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh, THEY might hear you. :eusa_shhh:

When are you guys just going to accept the fact that you got your ass kicked in the last election and don't get to call the shots anymore?

"We the people" have spoken and we no longer want people like you involved in our government
This kind of talk rallies all those anti-intellectuals in the republican party. Dumb as stumps, but they eat it up.

Actually, though the orginal story surely belongs in the "Conspiracy Zone", the fact that NewsMax actually printed this crap, and the OP is pointing it out makes it a "Media" thread.

As in media criticism.

I think this would be rather frightening, if it didn't come from a media outlet with so little credibility as "NewsMax".

The site is nothing but a web version of the National Enquirer, but biased for right-wing readers.

Not that it'll have any effect at all on a yellow journalism outlet like "NewsMax", but here is my letter to the editor:

Re: Obama Risks a Domestic Military ‘Intervention’, By John L Perry, Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Have you no sense of decency sirs, at long last?

What kind of treasonous poison are you people spitting out? An opinion column spouting a FAVORABLE view of a MILITARY COUP to "deal with the Obama problem"?

Are you people completely insane, or just a bunch of seditious traitors to the United States of America?

Whether you like Mr Obama or not, the man has done NOTHING to merit a coup d'tat.

You people need to take a long, hard look at what you're printing. Shame on you all.

Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation.

Uh, in our Republic that happens, or there is the oppurtunity for that to happen, every 4 years. It would seem like deposing Obama would be a worse fucking assult on the Constitution and its legitimacy than anything Obama could do. Republicans need to realize that they fucked America over enough over the past 8+ years and alienated themselves from moderates, swing voters, or those who are usually otherwise undecided come election time.

NewsMax: Military Coup "to resolve the Obama problem"

Lunatic fringe
I know you're out there
You're in hiding
And you hold your meetings
We can hear you coming
We know what you're after
We're wise to you this time
We won't let you kill the laughter.

Lunatic fringe
In the twilight's last gleaming
This is open season
But you won't get too far
We know you've got to blame someone
For your own confusion
But we're on guard this time
Against your final solution

We can hear you coming
(We can hear you coming)
No you're not going to win this time
We can hear the footsteps
(We can hear the footsteps)
Way out along the walkway
Lunatic fringe
We know you're out there
But in these new dark ages
There will still be light

An eye for an eye;
Well before you go under...
Can you feel the resistance?
Can you feel the thunder?

Far fetched? Hmmmm...perhaps this is borne of the OATH taken by Officers, and similiar Oath taken by Enlisteds?

What is in the FIRST Sentence?

*YOU* Be the judge...

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.[1]

Now I will point out that our ELECTEDS take a Similiar OATH as well....

POTUS: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Congress: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The Judiciary: "I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice
without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the
rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform
all the duties incumbent upon me as ________ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

I'd really HATE to see such a scenario pan out as the OP posted...but it makes you think, doesn't it?

spoken like a true totalitarian

ever heard of the bill of rights?

you are an enemy of the people

spoken like a true totalitarian

ever heard of the bill of rights?

you are an enemy of the people

Exactly. Nevermind that the ELECTEDS, and that Mobster hates the fact the Constitution is being abused. He seems to applaud it.

That says a lot. Even the UN describes the right of each citizen to participate in government is a fundamental human right. If one disagrees with the party in power, strip them of their fundamental human rights, eh? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd really HATE to see such a scenario pan out as the OP posted...but it makes you think, doesn't it?

No, it doesn't.

Please feel free to point out anything Mr Obama has done during his short time as president that was specifically unconstitutional, and please be specific, citing the exact part of the Constitution that was violated.

Forum List

Back