News Outlets Held Back Detail Of Benghazi Attack At CIA's Request

You have to laugh, news outlets HELD back...

where is that THEIR JOB?

We always thought their job was to get the TRUTH..

Yeah at one time that was it a long time ago

If the repub syncopants can't realize that the administration was delaying the full story of what happened to protect people and assets still there and in other places, you are sadder people than I thought you were. That you can't acknowledge or understand that is no surprise, however.

What do crazy pants have to do with this?

Why did he let the assets get slaughtered then? Being as they were so valuable and all.

If the repub syncopants can't realize that the administration was delaying the full story of what happened to protect people and assets still there and in other places, you are sadder people than I thought you were. That you can't acknowledge or understand that is no surprise, however.

If you want me to believe they are trying to protect assets you have to explain how CNN was able to walk into the compound and pick up top secret documents. In fact, why don't you explain how reporters are still able to walk through the complex, and the annex, picking up classified material. Wouldn't it make more sense to have made sure the documents were safe in the first place than to try and keep the news from talking about it?

Knew the Obama troll wouldnt answer....

Typical liberal coward

What do crazy pants have to do with this?

Why did he let the assets get slaughtered then? Being as they were so valuable and all.

If you want me to believe they are trying to protect assets you have to explain how CNN was able to walk into the compound and pick up top secret documents. In fact, why don't you explain how reporters are still able to walk through the complex, and the annex, picking up classified material. Wouldn't it make more sense to have made sure the documents were safe in the first place than to try and keep the news from talking about it?

Knew the Obama troll wouldnt answer....

Typical liberal coward

IT is off searching hufferpost for an answer

The CIA's job is to lie half the time and change the truth the other half.

Gotta admit, Obama would have been a great director.

The most terrifying part of the entire story is that there are people stupid enough to believe it.

They were not only protecting as much in the way of physical assets as they could but also personnel assets both US and foreign working for the CIA. AND the assets exist in other places besides the CIA compound that was attacked, even in other countries possiblity linked to the Lybian CIA operation.

Also, how CNN was able to just walk in is as good a guess as anyone's. News crews seem to be all over the place trying to get that "scoop" and it's not really a surprise they showed up on the scene.

People thinking we just have all these people in country to immediately sweep in and take care of things are very niave'. Watching too much Rambo, Clint Eastwood and other action flicks where unrealistic outcomes happen in an hour or two.

I'm sure the administration in many ways is trying to protect existing assets (people and information) in Libya and many other areas of the Middle East--thus not a lot of discussion or talk for fear of jeopardizing lives and operations. I know the right can't figure all that out so there is really no point in answering the questions they have like I just did because they will come back with some nonsense answers using swear words and troll words and everything else. I don't discuss much here because it is a waste of keystrokes trying to have a civil & intelligent conversation with rw'er nuts!

They were not only protecting as much in the way of physical assets as they could but also personnel assets both US and foreign working for the CIA. AND the assets exist in other places besides the CIA compound that was attacked, even in other countries possiblity linked to the Lybian CIA operation.

Also, how CNN was able to just walk in is as good a guess as anyone's. News crews seem to be all over the place trying to get that "scoop" and it's not really a surprise they showed up on the scene.

People thinking we just have all these people in country to immediately sweep in and take care of things are very niave'. Watching too much Rambo, Clint Eastwood and other action flicks where unrealistic outcomes happen in an hour or two.

I'm sure the administration in many ways is trying to protect existing assets (people and information) in Libya and many other areas of the Middle East--thus not a lot of discussion or talk for fear of jeopardizing lives and operations. I know the right can't figure all that out so there is really no point in answering the questions they have like I just did because they will come back with some nonsense answers using swear words and troll words and everything else. I don't discuss much here because it is a waste of keystrokes trying to have a civil & intelligent conversation with rw'er nuts!

oh gawd, now you're an expert on all things..
you're right, you're postings are a waste of keystrokes

Bless your heart. I hope you have someone to help take care of you, because you obviously are too naive to survive in this world on your own. Stop and think. If the Obama administration were concerned about protecting people and assets still in Libya, CNN would not have been able to walk into the consulate 3 days after the attack and find Ambassador Stevens journal. Foreign Policy magazine would not have been able to walk into the consulate and retrieve sensitive documents that the FBI didn't notice in their whirlwind three hour "investigation".

You can swallow that, doesn't MEAN everyone else will

he only swallows for Obama.... he spits for everyone else.

I know a lot more about this sort of thing than the average rapid conspiricay nut who thinks this was a cover-up, etc.

It's obvious that people in general and especially republican crazies don't know diddly about CIA operations. My husband was an attache' (military officer) in Guatemala in the early '70's and he was also working with the CIA.

Cover stories are necessary to protect everyone involved -- our people and citizens who are cooperating and working with us.

Before and after the attack, especially before an abundance of security personnel and obvious weapons needed to fend off a major attack are obvious give-aways to what the actually operation is.

Commonly consulates and safe houses don't display or have a lot of security personnel. This explains why the secrecy and the details were "hidden".

There were people after the attack and STILL in Behghazi that we need to protect and not expose.

The CIA's secret role helps explain why security appeared inadequate at the U.S. diplomatic facility. State Department officials believed that responsibility was set to be shouldered in part by CIA personnel in the city through a series of secret agreements that even some officials in Washington didn't know about.

It also explains why the consulate was abandoned to looters for weeks afterward while U.S. efforts focused on securing the more important CIA quarters. Officials say it is unclear whether the militants knew about the CIA presence or stumbled upon the facility by following Americans there after the attack on the consulate.

The CIA's secrecy affected how the U.S. government dealt with the families of the two slain contractors. Kate Quigley, Mr. Doherty's sister, said officials who visited her mother in Massachusetts identified themselves as State Department representatives. Officials said the State Department deferred to the CIA to contact the families and the "notification teams" included CIA officers.

It is almost always the case that families do not know in advance and may not know for a time afterward that their loved ones work for the CIA to protect both them and their loved one as well as others around him or her.

One of the sisters of a victim said the details were sparse but they were very professional and compassionate.

The article further states that one point during the consulate siege, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton telephoned the CIA director directly to seek assistance. Real-time intelligence from the field was scarce and some officials at State and the Pentagon were largely in the dark about the CIA's role.

There was roughly a 10 man security force there deemed to be adequate since the operation was very secretive. Among U.S. diplomatic officials in Libya, the nearby CIA force and the secret agreement alieviated any concerns about security levels. The night of the attack, many top officials at the State Department in Washington weren't initially aware that the annex had a security force that answered to the CIA and provided backup security for the consulate.

The night of the attack the alarm was sounded and the security team from the annex came to assist. More personnel came from Tripoli (it took 50 mins. for them to get there).

The drone arrived over 4 hrs. after the attack ended not during the attack and shot pics of the burning buildings and helped identify certain areas that were targeted.

2 security officials were killed in a secondary attack while searching the embassy for bodies and/or materials. The consulate compound remained ungauraded because of limited assest and the focus was on the annex to destroy and/or secure sensitive documents. (eplains why CNN got into the other compound and retrieved ambassador's diary).

So there you have it. It pretty well explains everything and knocks down the big consipiracy theory, supposed cover-up and the fact that Obama did NOT let people die! Give it a rest!

LINK

Last edited:

I know a lot more about this sort of thing than the average rapid conspiricay nut who thinks this was a cover-up, etc.

It's obvious that people in general and especially republican crazies don't know diddly about CIA operations. My husband was an attache' (military officer) in Guatemala in the early '70's and he was also working with the CIA.

Cover stories are necessary to protect everyone involved -- our people and citizens who are cooperating and working with us.

Before and after the attack, especially before an abundance of security personnel and obvious weapons needed to fend off a major attack are obvious give-aways to what the actually operation is.

Commonly consulates and safe houses don't display or have a lot of security personnel. This explains why the secrecy and the details were "hidden".

There were people after the attack and STILL in Behghazi that we need to protect and not expose.

The CIA's secret role helps explain why security appeared inadequate at the U.S. diplomatic facility. State Department officials believed that responsibility was set to be shouldered in part by CIA personnel in the city through a series of secret agreements that even some officials in Washington didn't know about.

It also explains why the consulate was abandoned to looters for weeks afterward while U.S. efforts focused on securing the more important CIA quarters. Officials say it is unclear whether the militants knew about the CIA presence or stumbled upon the facility by following Americans there after the attack on the consulate.

The CIA's secrecy affected how the U.S. government dealt with the families of the two slain contractors. Kate Quigley, Mr. Doherty's sister, said officials who visited her mother in Massachusetts identified themselves as State Department representatives. Officials said the State Department deferred to the CIA to contact the families and the "notification teams" included CIA officers.

It is almost always the case that families do not know in advance and may not know for a time afterward that their loved ones work for the CIA to protect both them and their loved one as well as others around him or her.

One of the sisters of a victim said the details were sparse but they were very professional and compassionate.

The article further states that one point during the consulate siege, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton telephoned the CIA director directly to seek assistance. Real-time intelligence from the field was scarce and some officials at State and the Pentagon were largely in the dark about the CIA's role.

There was roughly a 10 man security force there deemed to be adequate since the operation was very secretive. Among U.S. diplomatic officials in Libya, the nearby CIA force and the secret agreement alieviated any concerns about security levels. The night of the attack, many top officials at the State Department in Washington weren't initially aware that the annex had a security force that answered to the CIA and provided backup security for the consulate.

The night of the attack the alarm was sounded and the security team from the annex came to assist. More personnel came from Tripoli (it took 50 mins. for them to get there).

The drone arrived over 4 hrs. after the attack ended not during the attack and shot pics of the burning buildings and helped identify certain areas that were targeted.

2 security officials were killed in a secondary attack while searching the embassy for bodies and/or materials. The consulate compound remained ungauraded because of limited assest and the focus was on the annex to destroy and/or secure sensitive documents. (eplains why CNN got into the other compound and retrieved ambassador's diary).

So there you have it. It pretty well explains everything and knocks down the big consipiracy theory, supposed cover-up and the fact that Obama did NOT let people die! Give it a rest!

LINK

ALL you know is what THE MEDIA told you..so don't come off as some EXPERT

YOU ARE FREE to believe what you WANT..don't think others don't HAVE A RIGHT for an honest explanation from this administration

Last edited:

LINK

As I said.. stay with your caretaker. Your story is not supported by what facts we know. If, as your article tries to claim, the State Dept. was counting on the CIA for their security then Amb. Stevens would not have been sending cables complaining about the lack of security.

Last edited:
Keep living your lies and conspiracy theories. No skin off my nose if you remain ignorant.

^^^
Oh.....the......irony!

Smiley-ROFL.gif

you're more than likely wasting your time trying to use reason w/ rw, hannity-watchin', drudge surfin', kool aid drinkers :alcoholic: :tinfoil:

Forum List

Back