News media & politics

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
When you listen to Rush Limbaugh and most other right-wingers, you know what you're getting. He is straight-forward, and does not pretend to be a "reporter" but rather he aims to give you his perspective and analysis on News from a partisan point-of-view. Some people don't like his content, fine. Sometimes neither do I. But, I do respect his honesty of not pretending to be a reporter of news & fact.

By contrast, when you listen to alphabet networks NPR, PBS, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, LA Times, Michael Moore, etc, they want you to think you're getting something objective in the form of news reporting and facts. This is misleading, and I feel MOST democrats formulate their view of politics and the way things ought to be from this opinion/editorial crap masquerading as "News." That does no service to the uninformed, and it shapes those able to be misinformed into something dangerous: Raging Democrats without a clue.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6316493/
In regards to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's occupation of Fallujah, and how it's all Bush's fault that Fallujah isn't the quiet dusty peaceful town of vibrant spiritual culture and delicious kebabs it once was. They leave out the fact that the head-cutter al-Zarqawi, who is NOT a local of the cute town but rather a fugitive from Jordan, is NOT just trying to protect his neighborhood from the infidel, because it's NOT HIS NEIGHBORHOOD! They leave out the fact that he wants to empower all Muslims to murder all non-believers & pagans, i.e. infidels. They leave out the fact that SOOOO many Arabs feel no pride from his murders in the name of Allah and Islamic Fundamentalism:

A series of policy mistakes by the U.S. military and the Bush administration have transformed Fallujah from a shabby, dusty backwater known regionally for mosques and tasty kebabs into a symbol of Arab pride and defiance of the United States throughout the Islamic world.​

There's the black-and-white. It looks like news fact, but it is totally not. So much of network news has a political agenda with what they WANT to be popular. It's scary that they want John "Fonda" Kerry for President.

while Salman Rushdie had several Fatwa's on his head for his "infidel" view
on Islam, there has been not one Imam in the Islamic world that has issued a fatwa on Osama Bin Laden.

While I do not assume that all Muslims are sworn enemies I will continue
to treat them as that till they convince they convinve their mufti's that
it has to be done or their will be inevitably a clash of civilization szenario
arising.

The liberals with all their bleeding heart feelings still are were determined
on promiting liberalism and secularism. The EU and Barraso in an internal
row give an example what will happen in the future on a global scale once
the whole western world realize that sweet talk and diplomacy does not work
with these Islamo fascist. If you can't win their heart the other way is the
total war, make them bleed till they have enough szenario. It worked wonders
for Germany and Japan that after taking heavy losses lost their taste
for supremacy and fascism. In the case of Germany it has made them
peacemongers.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
the public (via blogs chat rooms) forced CBS to cancel movie on Reagan, the same happened to Sterling on anit-kerry documentart. a website is needed to coordinate viewers boycott of companies that advertise on news that have become nothing but advocates of demo, no longer journalists. does anyone know of such a website? [email protected]

Michael Moore has never claimed to be objective. He makes no bones about the fact that he's a liberal. As for the rest, the most blatantly biased network on the air is Fox News Channel. NPR broadcasts a variety of programming, news is only a small portion. PBS is the same way. The rest will put on whatever brings in the most viewers. They don't have any real bias other than toward profits.

acludem

acludem said:
Michael Moore has never claimed to be objective. He makes no bones about the fact that he's a liberal. As for the rest, the most blatantly biased network on the air is Fox News Channel. NPR broadcasts a variety of programming, news is only a small portion. PBS is the same way. The rest will put on whatever brings in the most viewers. They don't have any real bias other than toward profits.

acludem

Could the reason you perceive no bias from the Big Media (BM, for short) be that what they say makes sense to you?

Forum List

Back