News from the front

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
The following is an extract. Full story at the link.
=======================================
http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/jan2005/a011105wm4.html

Troops Uncover
Bomb Factory, Terrorist Cell
Raid yields enough explosives to assemble more than 50 improvised explosive devices.

By U.S. Army Spc. Al Barrus
122nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment
AL RASHID, Baghdad, Iraq, Jan. 11, 2005 — On Jan. 9, the soldiers of Blue Platoon, Company B, 1st Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 5th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, embarked on a raid that proved to be their most successful in 10 months here.

The target was a residential home in the Al Doura neighborhood. An informant told of the exact layout of the home, and he was right on the money. After thorough searching, the site yielded 23 artillery shells, wire and electrical triggers and other supplies that could be assembled into more than 50 improvised explosive devices, said 1st Lt. Matthew Sullivan, Blue Platoon leader.

Thanks to the intelligence source, Sullivan’s platoon knew exactly what to expect when entering the house. A warm welcome wasn’t included.

“We busted in the house and there were two guys who were in there. One just took off running right as we kicked down the door,” said Sullivan, a Chattanooga, Tenn., native. “He managed to escape through the back door and scaled a wall then ran through another house. His brother was in the house also, but we got him.”

After all suspects were detained, the search of the home began. Nothing could prepare these troops for what they would find.

“I checked all but one room and didn’t see anything, and then I had some of my guys go upstairs to do some searching,” Sullivan explained. “Right when they opened up they said, ‘Oh, sir, you have to check this out.’ The room was just an IED workshop. All over the floor were wires, batteries and containers full of plastic explosives. There was even an IED already to go.”

Merlin1047 said:
The following is an extract. Full story at the link.
=======================================
http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/jan2005/a011105wm4.html

Troops Uncover
Bomb Factory, Terrorist Cell
Raid yields enough explosives to assemble more than 50 improvised explosive devices.

By U.S. Army Spc. Al Barrus
122nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment
AL RASHID, Baghdad, Iraq, Jan. 11, 2005 — On Jan. 9, the soldiers of Blue Platoon, Company B, 1st Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 5th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, embarked on a raid that proved to be their most successful in 10 months here.

The target was a residential home in the Al Doura neighborhood. An informant told of the exact layout of the home, and he was right on the money. After thorough searching, the site yielded 23 artillery shells, wire and electrical triggers and other supplies that could be assembled into more than 50 improvised explosive devices, said 1st Lt. Matthew Sullivan, Blue Platoon leader.

Thanks to the intelligence source, Sullivan’s platoon knew exactly what to expect when entering the house. A warm welcome wasn’t included.

“We busted in the house and there were two guys who were in there. One just took off running right as we kicked down the door,” said Sullivan, a Chattanooga, Tenn., native. “He managed to escape through the back door and scaled a wall then ran through another house. His brother was in the house also, but we got him.”

After all suspects were detained, the search of the home began. Nothing could prepare these troops for what they would find.

“I checked all but one room and didn’t see anything, and then I had some of my guys go upstairs to do some searching,” Sullivan explained. “Right when they opened up they said, ‘Oh, sir, you have to check this out.’ The room was just an IED workshop. All over the floor were wires, batteries and containers full of plastic explosives. There was even an IED already to go.”

hopefully these fellows will be given an incentive to talk and rat out all their other buddies who do nothing these days but kill people

dilloduck said:
hopefully these fellows will be given an incentive to talk and rat out all their other buddies who do nothing these days but kill people
Maybe a cruise to the Bahamas will open em up....and a new Rolex, plus a lifetime membership to the DNC

New Topics

Forum List

Back