News Flashback: C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
It wasn't that long ago, only a handful of years, but people thinking that Bush should be getting ANY credit for finally getting Osama Bin Laden seem to have very short memories...

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

WASHINGTON, July 3 — The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

The decision is a milestone for the agency, which formed the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."

Bush deserves zero "credit" for the demise of OBL.

It wasn't that long ago, only a handful of years, but people thinking that Bush should be getting ANY credit for finally getting Osama Bin Laden seem to have very short memories...

WASHINGTON, July 3 — The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

The decision is a milestone for the agency, which formed the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."

well i guess if they can convince you they closed it down.....then we now know why OBL was caught flat footed.....

Damn I didn't know that! When did Obama reopen that specific unit?

Forum List

Back