News directly from Iraq and Iraqis

Try to do what again? Prove to you that this little blurb has no more credibility than any other journalistic hack who wants to make a buck ? Interview every damn Iraqi there is and print it for all I care. Now if you want me to BELIEVE what I read, they had better have a standard and a reputation. It's people who gobble up every piece of trash that comes down the pike that are scary.
You , however are not scary. You only believe things that disgrace America.

Yea standards like owned by corporate interests and reputation of protecting corporate interests right? ROFL!

You fear is showing and you cant hide it, why bother to try?

Ruby,
There are a million stories about Iraq. Some bad-some good. I'm not going to make a comment about everyone of them because I don't know how true ANY of them are..

Of course not Ruby. Dillo only likes to believe the stories that somehow seem "pro-Bush" because he still thinks that pro-Republican equals pro-military. When the news for his political party starts sounding too bad he will begin fudging and trying to act like he's believed all along that all news is the same.

"Journalists" are too busy pushing their agendas using these little vignettes to capture our emotions. I would prefer they tell me stories that help me learn the truth about the big picture before I throw money at somebody who I have never heard of.

What this means in English Ruby is that Dillo refuses to aknowlege any bad news resulting from a war that a politician from his favorite party started.

Of course not Ruby. Dillo only likes to believe the stories that somehow seem "pro-Bush" because he still thinks that pro-Republican equals pro-military. When the news for his political party starts sounding too bad he will begin fudging and trying to act like he's believed all along that all news is the same.

What this means in English Ruby is that Dillo refuses to aknowlege any bad news resulting from a war that a politician from his favorite party started.

The funny part is that if people watch the stories you see a wide range of views and experiences from Iraqis and yes, you do see how much our invasion and occupation is devastating the countries. You do see mothers in such agony over sons being dragged off by US forces or killed.

I find it a very valuable resource that we have a way to hear Iraqi voices so directly, we are lucky we live in a time this is available and we should make sure to KEEP IT and not allow any govt on this planet to seize control over the internet or to censor it.

Also consider, it isnt easy for western reporters to get to the places and people that Iraqis themselves do. They live and exist in those areas, they are the BEST people to give cameras to and allow them to talk to each other on camera and to talk to us. We should see up close what we are doing instead of getting the "hollywood" version via corp news.

Forum List

Back