News directly from Iraq and Iraqis

Ruby

Aug 2, 2007
There is a project called "alive in baghdad". Cameras have been giving to Iraqis who are now reporters and they go around and interview Iraqi people and follow up stories and people. There are the archives so you can see many various stories on a range of things in Iraq.

They have a new video every few days or so. Its a great site to visit and see Iraqi stories told by Iraqi people in Iraq.

http://aliveinbaghdad.org/

Here is a recent story on rebuilding.

http://aliveinbaghdad.org/2007/08/06/repairing-services-in-iraq-and-adhamiya/

There is a project called "alive in baghdad". Cameras have been giving to Iraqis who are now reporters and they go around and interview Iraqi people and follow up stories and people. There are the archives so you can see many various stories on a range of things in Iraq.

They have a new video every few days or so. Its a great site to visit and see Iraqi stories told by Iraqi people in Iraq.

http://aliveinbaghdad.org/

Here is a recent story on rebuilding.

http://aliveinbaghdad.org/2007/08/06/repairing-services-in-iraq-and-adhamiya/

Are you sending money to this site ?

No I havent, but I really should, its a great project and helps people be able to view stories directly from Iraqis.

Nothing of course on the actual stories right? This one might interest you though, its about the surge.

http://aliveinbaghdad.org/2007/02/12/surging-around-the-house/

I am guessing that story will make you quite warm and fuzzy inside.

Ruby,
There are a million stories about Iraq. Some bad-some good. I'm not going to make a comment about everyone of them because I don't know how true ANY of them are. "Journalists" are too busy pushing their agendas using these little vignettes to capture our emotions. I would prefer they tell me stories that help me learn the truth about the big picture before I throw money at somebody who I have never heard of.

Ruby,
There are a million stories about Iraq. Some bad-some good. I'm not going to make a comment about everyone of them because I don't know how true ANY of them are. "Journalists" are too busy pushing their agendas using these little vignettes to capture our emotions. I would prefer they tell me stories that help me learn the truth about the big picture before I throw money at somebody who I have never heard of.

Who asked you for money? I didnt post this to ask anyone for money for them. I posted it because it is a valuable tool that allows people to have their voices heard and just tell us whats going on in their world, in their nation.

The corporate news has much more of an agenda than your average fellow human being. You are quick to accuse the Iraqi citizens of an agenda but willing to trust politicians and corporate owned news media right?

This gives us somthing unique, just people being able to talk to each other and, no political pundits or professional spin.....just people who are living it talking about it. Iraqis have the same range of views that we have here, that exist EVERYWHERE. If you take some time and listen to them you might at least have new information and a point of view that is hardly ever heard.

Who asked you for money? I didnt post this to ask anyone for money for them. I posted it because it is a valuable tool that allows people to have their voices heard and just tell us whats going on in their world, in their nation.

The corporate news has much more of an agenda than your average fellow human being. You are quick to accuse the Iraqi citizens of an agenda but willing to trust politicians and corporate owned news media right?

This gives us somthing unique, just people being able to talk to each other and, no political pundits or professional spin.....just people who are living it talking about it. Iraqis have the same range of views that we have here, that exist EVERYWHERE. If you take some time and listen to them you might at least have new information and a point of view that is hardly ever heard.

The site you posted wants my money. Read it. What do they plan on doing with it. I took the time---I read your site. There's nothing new about what they presented. Everyone knows thats things are shitty in Iraq. The bigger question is why?

The site you posted wants my money. Read it. What do they plan on doing with it. I took the time---I read your site. There's nothing new about what they presented. Everyone knows thats things are shitty in Iraq. The bigger question is why?

Goodness gracious, you really cant handle Iraqi voices getting to tell their stories directly without someone else telling it for them huh?

Many projects that are wonderful projects and not corrupted by corporate money or special interests like donations but you dont have to donate a thing nor do you have to donate to gain access and see the stories, nor do you have to even give your email.

Its just there so people can actually get voices directly from Iraq and considering how many people like to talk about "iraqis and what they need, want, think, should have" AND since we have invaded their nation and are occupying them, it might be a good idea to actually listen to them directly.

No worries, its obvious it scares you to even contemplate, it might make it harder to dehumanize them and distance yourself from the reality of the situation.

Goodness gracious, you really cant handle Iraqi voices getting to tell their stories directly without someone else telling it for them huh?

Many projects that are wonderful projects and not corrupted by corporate money or special interests like donations but you dont have to donate a thing nor do you have to donate to gain access and see the stories, nor do you have to even give your email.

Its just there so people can actually get voices directly from Iraq and considering how many people like to talk about "iraqis and what they need, want, think, should have" AND since we have invaded their nation and are occupying them, it might be a good idea to actually listen to them directly.

No worries, its obvious it scares you to even contemplate, it might make it harder to dehumanize them and distance yourself from the reality of the situation.

Try to accept the truth, Ruby. Every Iraqi has a differerent story to tell. Some are very condemning of US actions--others praise them. You're insistence that I am trying to dehumanize all Arabs is laughable. Do you have any statistics on stories that your web site WON"T distribute?
I think I'll go back and see how many stories this site has about Iraqis who support US presence there.

Try to accept the truth, Ruby. Every Iraqi has a differerent story to tell. Some are very condemning of US actions--others praise them. You're insistence that I am trying to dehumanize all Arabs is laughable. Do you have any statistics on stories that your web site WON"T distribute?
I think I'll go back and see how many stories this site has about Iraqis who support US presence there.

Yes, I already said they have varied views just like we do here and like people do everywhere! THAT WAS THE POINT, to hear them and their range of stories, situations, their views etc. You seem to want to make more out of it, you seem defensive and afraid.

Yes, I already said they have varied views just like we do here and like people do everywhere! THAT WAS THE POINT, to hear them and their range of stories, situations, their views etc. You seem to want to make more out of it, you seem defensive and afraid.

You seem nuts----let's get every possible news story we can out of Iraq. The more the better. Your particular web site begs for money so that I will pay them for to march around Iraq. Apparently they can't fund their own little business adventure.

You seem nuts----let's get every possible news story we can out of Iraq. The more the better. Your particular web site begs for money so that I will pay them for to march around Iraq. Apparently they can't fund their own little business adventure.

Yes I think news of Iraq is important and the fact that you find that "nuts" says some disturbing things about your character.

The site does not BEG money, its there if you want to do it and you are free to bypass it completely. Yes they can fund without you.

Odd how hostile you are to Iraqis reporting their lives and stories themselves. You seem so afraid, hence the hostility over it.

You do realize YOU are coming off as a bit nuts for so much hostility over a link to a site that reports news directly from Iraq and stories done by Iraqis themselves.

We are lucky to live in a time where this is possible.

Yes I think news of Iraq is important and the fact that you find that "nuts" says some disturbing things about your character.

The site does not BEG money, its there if you want to do it and you are free to bypass it completely. Yes they can fund without you.

Odd how hostile you are to Iraqis reporting their lives and stories themselves. You seem so afraid, hence the hostility over it.

You do realize YOU are coming off as a bit nuts for so much hostility over a link to a site that reports news directly from Iraq and stories done by Iraqis themselves.

We are lucky to live in a time where this is possible.

I think you are nuts if you think I am afraid of whatever news comes out of Iraq. I do however take all the news I hear with a grain of salt, realizing full well that the information is SECOND HAND. Being cautious about what I believe is not hostile. In fact I think it's prudent.

I think you are nuts if you think I am afraid of whatever news comes out of Iraq. I do however take all the news I hear with a grain of salt, realizing full well that the information is SECOND HAND. Being cautious about what I believe is not hostile. In fact I think it's prudent.

Then why so much hostility over a link that offers you FIRST HAND news since people can tell you their own stories directly? When people deliver their own stories, thats a first hand account not like the second hand corporate censored and spun stuff we normally get.

Why so "cautious" over hearing Iraqis tell their stories?

I think you are quite afraid and you are the one making it so obvious too.

Then why so much hostility over a link that offers you FIRST HAND news since people can tell you their own stories directly? When people deliver their own stories, thats a first hand account not like the second hand corporate censored and spun stuff we normally get.

Why so "cautious" over hearing Iraqis tell their stories?

I think you are quite afraid and you are the one making it so obvious too.

There is no hostility nor fear on my part. Being cautious protects one from falling prey to all the propaganda out there. If you dont' think Iraqi people are capable of being used as tools for propaganda you're crazy.

There is no hostility nor fear on my part. Being cautious protects one from falling prey to all the propaganda out there. If you dont' think Iraqi people are capable of being used as tools for propaganda you're crazy.

LOL you really are showing such a ridiculous emphasis on "caution" over Iraqi people just telling their stories and giving FIRST HAND accounts.

I think you are desperate for some way to discredit this and just make it go away, just like a scard child afraid there is a monster under their bed.

:rofl:

LOL you really are showing such a ridiculous emphasis on "caution" over Iraqi people just telling their stories and giving FIRST HAND accounts.

I think you are desperate for some way to discredit this and just make it go away, just like a scard child afraid there is a monster under their bed.

:rofl:

Reading what someone told a journalists is NOT a first hand account. Don't be stupid.

Reading what someone told a journalists is NOT a first hand account. Don't be stupid.

LOL, thats priceless.

They are the Iraqi people themselves on camera telling their own stories. The journalist is the one with a camera and asks them questions about their stories, their experiences, their ideas etc and people stand on camera and tell us. THATS A FIRST HAND account.

Seriously, you are making yourself look worse and worse here. You said you looked at the site but now you just revealed yourself as a liar since it isnt in the format of a REPORTER relaying a STORY TOLD TO HIM, its people on camera telling their OWN stories and their OWN thoughts.

You are one of the thickest skulls yet, I cant believe how many times its been told to you its people telling their own stories of what happened to them, what they think, what they want etc and STILL you dont understand such a basic and simple thing.

Your fear is really extreme and over the top.

LOL, thats priceless.

They are the Iraqi people themselves on camera telling their own stories. The journalist is the one with a camera and asks them questions about their stories, their experiences, their ideas etc and people stand on camera and tell us. THATS A FIRST HAND account.

Seriously, you are making yourself look worse and worse here. You said you looked at the site but now you just revealed yourself as a liar since it isnt in the format of a REPORTER relaying a STORY TOLD TO HIM, its people on camera telling their OWN stories and their OWN thoughts.

You are one of the thickest skulls yet, I cant believe how many times its been told to you its people telling their own stories of what happened to them, what they think, what they want etc and STILL you dont understand such a basic and simple thing.

Your fear is really extreme and over the top.

Are the interviews edited? Is every Iraqi who wants to tell his story given an opportunity ?

Are the interviews edited? Is every Iraqi who wants to tell his story given an opportunity ?

Why this set of standards for people telling their stories. Can you name ME ONE media outlet that dosent edit and who gives EVERYONE who wants to tell their story an oppurtunity.

This insanity of trying to hold people telling their stories to ridiculous standards that dont exist is transparent.

Try again oh frightened one.

Why this set of standards for people telling their stories. Can you name ME ONE media outlet that dosent edit and who gives EVERYONE who wants to tell their story an oppurtunity.

This insanity of trying to hold people telling their stories to ridiculous standards that dont exist is transparent.

Try again oh frightened one.

Try to do what again? Prove to you that this little blurb has no more credibility than any other journalistic hack who wants to make a buck ? Interview every damn Iraqi there is and print it for all I care. Now if you want me to BELIEVE what I read, they had better have a standard and a reputation. It's people who gobble up every piece of trash that comes down the pike that are scary.
You , however are not scary. You only believe things that disgrace America.

Forum List

Back